Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 81162 times)

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:18:03 »

i can't see wilson doing better than he did last season.he wont get the chance long term as pressure from fans will see him sacked eventually anyway.
 he has to take the majority of the blame as he's signed players in different areas to where key players have gone from, and it's backfired.
the formations have been changed to accomodate players, and that aint worked either.
we have gone backwards so are not going progressing as we should.
i'd give wilson till the end of the season as it's over for us now anyway.see how things go between now and then,and fitton should make a decision in the summer.

i still maintain that fitton has to shoulder some of the flack too, for this season failings.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:20:45 »

wilsons contract is until the summer anyway isnt it? if they just let it expire does that techinically mean he hasnt been sacked?

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:26:10 »

Why are so many people saying are season is over? If we (somehow) manage to beat Oldham on Saturday we are potentially 2 points off the play-off places.

We were never going to win the FA Cup (although it would have been nice to have had a crack at Derby) anyway.

Last season was great, has Wilson turned into a bad manager overnight?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:28:40 »

because we have shown no signs at all of a promotion push.
we've looked a mid table side since the outset and that wont change
Highland Robin

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:30:21 »

It was bloody awful last night, listening from a distance, so what it must have been like for the hardyfew at CG I just can't imagine.  And clearly, however much we might long to believe it, this was not a one-off result.  There have been too many similar results this season.  But in the passion of our disppointment, there does seem to be a need for some dispassionate, objective analysis.  I do not know much about the technical side of football.  Like most fans, I know what I want to see......quality football and STFC winning everything.

So what has been going on?  I think a number of things....
a)  We over-achieved last season.  My memory is that there were a lot of occasions, especially at the beginning and the end of the season when the reports were that we had played really badly, but scraped one or three points.  That points, pretty obviously, to having had a better defence.  So the Greer debate is a real one for this season.  We don't know who was responsible for Greer's departure.  

b)  The display in the Play-off final was extraordinarily poor.  Why could the players not motivate themselves for the biggest match of the season against one of the (obviously) better teams in the division?

c)  We lost Paynter and Ward as well as Greer.  Would Paynter have stayed?  I don't think so.  It was always going to be hard to replicate what Ward did for us.  Clearly, without entering the Pericard debate, neither he nor Dossevi have replaced Paynter, nor has Ritchie yet had the effect on the team that Ward did.

d)  We bought potentially strong players (and we all agreed on this when they arrived) in Caddis, Ferry and Prutton, and Ball looked like a good loan signing.  But three of the four have not had regular outings so far, and although Ferry obviously knew the team, the other two did not.  They have to be given proper competitive time.  Caddis is good enough to be considered for Scotland (and even in the straits that Scotland find themselves in, that makes him a worthwhile punt), so.....

e)  Douglas appears to be struggling (like lots of cricket captains), to be both the talisman of the team and the captain.

f)  We have palyed and beaten most of the best teams in our Division, and done so reasonably convincingly.  That suggests to me at least that we have quality players, who CAN get it together and can challenge for promotion. (Remember Spurs had a really poor start last season, and look now....)  But we are also losing to less good teams, who do not play attractive football.  I don't have the technical knowledge to suggest why that should be, but it can't be rocket science....

My guess is that there IS some sort of dressing room problem, and that maybe DW has a managerial problem with motivationwhen, overall, things are not going well.  Last season it was good because we were basically going upwards.  This season we are struggling.  I am certainly not joining the Wilson Out voices, simply because I think he has got what it takes when we are successful, and because we have a potentially excellent team that can bring success AND excellent quality football.  BUT....if my analysis is anywhere near right, then there are questions to be asked.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:34:21 »

because we have shown no signs at all of a promotion push.
we've looked a mid table side since the outset and that wont change

Who is to say that won't change. Are you mystic meg?

I can understand the frustration (although I don't go to as many games as you lot) but who thought half way through last season we would end up at Wembley?

Maybe I am being overly positive for once. God only knows why!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:50:14 »

half way through last season we were 6th with 41 points. (and had a game in hand on all the teams around us)

even if we won our next 4, we'd only hit 36 points after 23 games.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:59:27 »

Last season was great, has Wilson turned into a bad manager overnight?
Not saying he has, but it's not overnight is it?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:01:22 »

Where've you been Dave? We've missed you x x
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:06:52 »

Maybe not the right thread, but what concerns me is this. If our best and most consistent player is someone who just over 12 months ago was plying his trade in the Wessex League, what the hell is happening with those more experienced professionals who have previously played at a higher level?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:10:02 »

what the hell is happening with those more experienced professionals who have previously played at a higher level?
They got found at those levels, and are now being found out at this level as part of slow graceful decline down the leagues?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:13:20 »

Its probably less about talent and more about character.

Austin's a grafter because, well he's actually been a grafter. He wants it more than anyone else in our team.

They should all go laboring with Charlie dad on their day off, seen the how the rest of us live, the soft cunts.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:14:30 »

Who is to say that won't change. Are you mystic meg?

Absolutely right. And if that happend my clouds of doom will lift and everything will be well with the world of football again!

Got to sort out the shambles at the back and keep hold of Austin for that to happen mind Smiley
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:20:27 »

They should all go laboring with Charlie dad on their day off, seen the how the rest of us live, the soft cunts.

Yeah - instead of paintballing!  Cheesy
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:22:05 »

Not saying he has, but it's not overnight is it?

It is since yesterday.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: