Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strange Places where you have seen Town Players/Footballers/famous people ??  (Read 29704 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:21:33 »

Pepe Reina in the cloud 23 bar of the Hilton Hotel in manchester.  Not strictly unexpected as it a swanky place that charge £20 for a cocktail.  They seem to forget that however swanky it is, its still in Manchester.

Never knowingly overstated.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 08:37:53 »

Once after playing Millwall at the Den, late eighties probably, me and my mate went for a drink in New Cross in a grotty boozer after the game. On stage in a black leather jumpsuit was Mr clary himself ,under his Joan Collins fanclub monicker. We left pretty quickly as it was pretty lairy, I doubt it ended well for him that night. My fav was meeting Colin Gordon and Colin Baillie in a pub in Thatcham. They were initially pleased to be recognised, until I informed them we were Town fans, this was about a month after they both went to Reading, they left pretty quickly with taunts following closely behind them.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:30:57 »

I once saw Danny Invincible at the 24 hour garage in Chiseldon just after he signed for us. It was fucking freezing and he had shorts and flip flops on, bloody aussies.

I met DW in there a few weeks back!

Clems Army!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 09:57:42 »

Once after playing Millwall at the Den, late eighties probably, me and my mate went for a drink in New Cross in a grotty boozer after the game. On stage in a black leather jumpsuit was Mr clary himself ,under his Joan Collins fanclub monicker. We left pretty quickly as it was pretty lairy, I doubt it ended well for him that night. My fav was meeting Colin Gordon and Colin Baillie in a pub in Thatcham. They were initially pleased to be recognised, until I informed them we were Town fans, this was about a month after they both went to Reading, they left pretty quickly with taunts following closely behind them.

I once stood next to Colin Gordon in the bogs at the CG, when he was throwing up, this in the 86 post season bash, directly after the Crewe game.

Gordon was a fine example of the STFC striker who scores a few for us then goes itinerant and never does as well again.  Hence STFC is the most goals scored slot in their career stats.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 18:42:45 »

sat next to les dennis on a plane to tenerife also saw kilroy on a plane to rome and saw melinda messenger in sainsburys.

and that the ginger dad off harry potter saw him in brighton and met reggie g in ibiza
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 18:59:37 »

Saw that ginger cunt from this years big brother saturday night in oxford
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 19:28:40 »

Told one of the supermarine directors how to get to twerton park earlier

Things get better but they never get good
manc321

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, October 26, 2010, 22:50:23 »

Bumped into Hasney Aljofree on new years eve in a Manchester nightclub a few years back when he was still our player, completely steaming at the time so cant remeber what i said to him!
See most of the Man City squad pissed up most saturday nights in Manchester!!
dell boy

« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 15:06:19 »

Here comes old big head!!! - I've played with or against quite a few old-timers - Alan Ball, Alan Hinton, Steve Kember, Peter Osgood, Ian Hutchinson, Peter Bonetti and quite a few more. Sat at the same table as Tommy Docherty at a football function. Attended a wedding reception when the likes of George Best, Dennis Law and quite a few other ManU players of that era.
Sad to think a lot of those mentioned are now dead.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 15:41:05 »

I saw Ben Hutchinson a few times last season on a football pitch. Which was strange, considering he didn't seem to have the first clue as to what the fuck he was doing there.

It's All Good..............
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 15:41:57 »

I saw Ben Hutchinson a few times last season on a football pitch. Which was strange, considering he didn't seem to have the first clue as to what the fuck he was doing there.

Cheesy
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 16:04:45 »

Didnt you play for southampton or something dell?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 18:32:02 »

Here comes old big head!!! - I've played with or against quite a few old-timers - Alan Ball, Alan Hinton, Steve Kember, Peter Osgood, Ian Hutchinson, Peter Bonetti and quite a few more. Sat at the same table as Tommy Docherty at a football function. Attended a wedding reception when the likes of George Best, Dennis Law and quite a few other ManU players of that era.
Sad to think a lot of those mentioned are now dead.

To be fair, if I' have done that I'd be telling everyone.

I'll have to 'make do' with playing against Phil King in the play on the pitch thing. It made my day though!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 18:34:24 »

I saw Neil Tennant at the NT in London.
steptoe41

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 21:14:53 »

Played in a charity golf day back in the early 90's and we were lucky enough to be have Bruce Grobbelaar in our fourball. My mate who played off 3 at the time had a fucking shocker on the day, and Grobbelaar ripped into him big time, taking the piss and doing impressions of him all day. Decent bloke and funny as fuck.

Saw a well pissed Jeremy Guscott in the first Class lounge at Paddington a couple of weeks ago. Mid afternoon on a weekday as well, very impressed.

Alex Hammond (Quinn) off of Sky Sports was at the Swindon Robins end of Season dinner at Blunsdon House last Saturday. A bit short, bit you would.
Rumour has it that she wanted to get into Simon Steads pants.......
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: