Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strange Places where you have seen Town Players/Footballers/famous people ??  (Read 29739 times)
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:17:44 »

Nightclub toilet in Monaco, bloke at the pisser next to me is wearing a skull/beanie thing. Hmm, i think, he's the spitting image of the edge from U2. Go to wash my hands afterwards and Bono is waiting for a cubicle.
Buy one, get one free on U2 members, clearly.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:18:40 »

Sold some diy stuff to Colin Montgomerie (and had to phone for authorisation of his card as the purchase was over the £50 limit).  Sat opposite Terry Waite on a train (he has HUGE feet, or at least huge shoes).  Peter Osgood kicked a football at my sister's face at a holiday camp many moons ago.  Got overtaken by Dave Lee Travis (number plate DLT 1) on the A50 and overtook Jimmy White (CUE 123, I think) on the M25.

I think it's called 'Living the Dream'.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
melksham_exile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:33:07 »

Had a brief chat over a pint with Johnny Depp in The Bell in Bath. Had lunch next to Richard Ashcroft just after glasto a few years back in The Adventure Cafe in Bath. Got pissed up with Jamie Cullum just after he got signed in The Spiegeltent (part of Bath festival) years back, he's a proper midget! Had a piss next to Robert 'Killroy' Silk in Portsmouth and the obvious favourite Iffy Onoura came into my shop a few times before taking up his Etheopian escapade, his star has never shone so bright!
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:34:53 »

Bobby Charlton on the beach in Mauritius.
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:47:31 »

Saw Phil smith in the brunel, and Jacob Jakenaobowski(sp?) jogging through town!

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:53:14 »

Oooh, saw Mark Blundell using his phone whilst driving up the motorway on the way to Nottingham. Smug git saw us go, "is that Mark Blundell?" and a massive grin appeared on his face.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:56:24 »

Sat opposite Terry Waite on a train (he has HUGE feet, or at least huge shoes).  

Reminded me of Colin Calderwood using the flumes at the Oasis. Huge and very hairy feet, very similar to monkey feet only bigger.

and Geoff Hurst ordering some wine (after a Town game V Cheltenham) in the Bathurst Arms near Cirencester.
Highland Robin

« Reply #52 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 14:58:44 »

I keep looking in the mirror......

But also had Louis Theroux and Ann Widdecombe in my front room, when he was making a documentary about her.....she only talked about cats!  Have a photo of me meeting Mohammed Ali at a meeting to promote Jubilee 2000 Debt Campaign, which he did some advertising for.....
Sussex

« Reply #53 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:00:26 »

Hilda Ogden in Malmesbury. Winner.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #54 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:03:43 »

Hilda Ogden in Malmesbury. Winner.
Only if she had her hair in curlers
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:13:05 »

I played in a golf pro-am at St Pierre, Chepstow a few years ago. We had an early tee-time and were playing snooker in the club-house after the round.  A couple of guys came in, one of them, Stan Boardman, said to us as only a scouser could "Aright lads, fancy a game with me an me mate?". His mate was Alex Higgins!  We just laughed and joked while they went to the bar. One of my biggest regrets, not asking them to put their 10p on the table  Sad

Gareth Edwards and Johnny Briggs (Mike Baldwin) were also there.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:28:25 »

i'll stick to just footballers at unexpected places....
david james at reading services.various players at the ryder cup(ruud gullit,jason roberts,some bolton player whos name i can't remember).john hendrie in the hotel bar in norvern ireland.bob wilson at a london cafe.
and i remember the night gazza was in the tavern with moncur too.
« Last Edit: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:39:02 by arriba » Logged
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #57 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:32:26 »

James Beattie and Chris Baird in the bogs of hot shots in southampton
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:40:54 »

I was once cycling in Cornwall, with a mate, whose bike was a bit ancient, we were heading down a steep hill into a little village called Cadgwith making for the pub.  Me mates brakes didn't work and he all but took out Rodney Bewes who used to play Bob in the Likely Lads.

Top man, he was heading for the pub, and could see the funny side.

Back in the early 90's had gone for a weekends camping at the Barge...Honey Street.

The place was noted for its ufologists and crop circle researchers.....Reg Presley of the Troggs was a regular.  As luck would have it, a large cheque had arrived on Reg's doorstep, for royalties from Wet Wet Wet's n weeks at number 1 in charts on teh back of 4 Weddings and a Funeral.

Reg insisted on drinks all round...

I believe The Barge is currently up for sale...nice place.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, October 22, 2010, 15:44:33 »

Went with some friends to the Monaco Grand Prix, 2003 I think. We were walking round the track a couple of days before the race, as you do, and passed Mohamed Al Fayed who was doing the same. As a bit of a fan of Princess Diana (saw her in Swindon once btw), I was ashamed that the thought came into my mind "You'd think he would want to stay away from fast cars and tunnels"

Went to a restaurant after the race. Michael Schumacher arrived at the restaurant at the same time as us. He went into a swish restaurant with among others 6 absolute stunners. He wasn't best pleased when one of my mates stuck a cheap pocket camera in his face! He'd crashed out when in the lead that year Crash.  M Schu that is, not my mate Chris    We ate in the pizzeria next door!

Also saw Helen Mirren and all the Grimaldi family as they drove past us in their open top cars before the race. Albert was driving himself, the others with chauffeurs. Helen Mirren wasn't with the Grimaldis, I should add. She was very plainly dressed and wore a floppy hat.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: