Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 42117 times)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 07:22:29 »

Oh dear......... Perhaps Morrison and the back four are not quite as good as you boys have been making out.

42 reasons why Morrison is better than Greer....................?

Methinks not.    Hmmm

Easy, spesh.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 07:26:45 »

They've already got four.

Your point being ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:04:03 »

We need loan players in urgently, Dossevi is never gonig to score, should have had hat trick with the clear cut chances he had and didn't put 1 away, Pericard will get a few goals possibly but we need a decent partner for Austin, it is bad when we have to rely on a 21 year old to get us goals, I'm not sure we have enough players in the team willing to have a go on goal.

We lack strength in depth in all departments.

Prutton may end up with more than a 2 match ban being his 2nd red of the season, didn't Douglas end up with a 5 game ban last season for 2 reds  - he is becoming a liability if he is going to collect red and yellow cards like confetti

If we keep this team until the end of the season I think we will miss out on promotion as the players we have signed are clearly not as good what we had at the end of last season

I'm annoyed that at 2 down we get it back and don't have the brains when we go down to 10 men to sit back a little and accept a draw instead we had to keep committing players forward, but the pace of Wright Phillips caused our players problems all night, we couldn't keep up with him
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:10:17 »

Results like this will happen (Remember rovers last season?) it's how we come back on Saturday that will tell us how far this team can go.
Exactly. We came into the game five unbeaten and on a 3-win run. Win on Saturday and last night is just a blip, touch of the Lord Mayor's Parade after a superb performance on Saturday. Lose the next two, then we can start worrying.

As for the "drop Lucas" crowd. Pffft.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:11:56 »

Who is saying drop Lucas? Is anyone actually saying that?

edit: ah just saw there's a whole fucking thread!!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:15:12 by Spy » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:15:54 »

It was all over in 10 minutes......we get back into it after scoring every one in four chances and we still blew it.

We made an average side look outstanding for 15-20 minutes. Plymouth will struggle IMHO but they fucked us over last night.

Lucas looked a bit wobbly but no more than Smith does IMO.

Prutton has improved play wise but is a liability.

Forwards just didnt cut it....how many missed chances were there? and im talking clear cut fuckers!

Big Vinces was on its way and hit the keepers legs but Dossevis woeful header had me up all night...

O'Brien came on and went missing...

Poor night and the Muff cannot believe their luck!

Clems Army!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:18:27 »

Who is saying drop Lucas? Is anyone actually saying that?

edit: ah just saw there's a whole fucking thread!!
And several posters in the last few pages of this one from the brief skim read I did. Hence why I mentioned it and stuck two fingers up at them
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:19:06 »

I said to my mate I could see Prutton getting a red before it happened. Could see that one coming a mile off. He is a  liability.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:21:12 »

I thought we played alright tonight against one of the better teams in the league, and i was another who was entertained Smiley

We lost after conceding two reeeeally really shitty goals as well as a well worked goal. I think we deserved a point, due to the chances we created, and as already said, Austin would have had a field day on the amount of half chances we had as well, but oh well......i'll get over it.

NEXT!

Better teams in the league???  You are having a Giraffe!!

No team thats any good gives the other side 10 chances!!

Clems Army!
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:22:52 »

I said to my mate I could see Prutton getting a red before it happened. Could see that one coming a mile off. He is a  liability.
Do you know tonights lottery numbers?
Prutton is a good player unfortunately liable to be sent off last Saturday he was lucky
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:24:55 »

He may well be. Unfortunately before the red he was also one of our best players, the only real creative dynamic threat we had. Up until the past few weeks I'd been really disappointed in Prutton, now I'm starting to understand why we signed him. I think we'll have to just learn to take both sides of it, and think of him like we would an injury-prone player "Good player when he's not banned (injured)"
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:25:09 »

Not denying he played well and I don't mind a bit of agro but you have to see how the ref is caling things and when you're on a yellow just be careful...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:26:11 »

Not denying he played well and I don't mind a bit of agro but you have to see how the ref is caling things and when you're on a yellow just be careful...
Oh yeah clearly he's a fucking idiot, no argument about that, but he's always been prone to the red mist and always will be. Just how he is
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:26:22 »

Spot on.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 08:32:29 »

Didn't want to post last night as emotions were high and I was mighty pissed off, but after sleeping on it.....

Lucas - couple of good stops last night, but last night and against Huddersfield has made a few basic mistakes.  MAY be time to swap him for Smith, but Danny & George Wood will have to think long and hard over it.

Prutton - Generally played better last night than he has before for us, but both yellow cards were unnecesary.  Concerned about his mental strength especailly after his last early bath when he said words to the effect of "i'm sure it won't be my last red card".  Bloody annoyed!

Pericard & Dossevi - I think we may have a couple of Emile Heskey's here is so far as they are great strike partners, but will not necessarily bang in the goals themselves and as a result will split the opinions of us fans.  Need to find another "poacher" type striker in the ilk of Charlie Austin to work alongside them.

O'Brien - Disagree with the posts that he went missing.  I thought he came on and made some fantastic runs down the wing.  Wasn't given the ball often enough to really make an impact.

General Team performance - For the last few games I have thought that we have been playing like Arsenal and trying to pass the ball into the net.  Need to start crossing the ball into the box earlier and causing problems, BT....am pleased that we showed some spirit in coming back from 2-0 down as not too long ago we would have just collapsed like Leeds did last night, so can see some positives!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: