Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 41387 times)
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 15:39:33 »

so in theory...

JP/Caddis  Ferry/Prutts  JD  Rose/Kennedy/Sheehan/LJF

either way you look at it there's plenty of graft and some great crosses potentially coming in from both flanks.

i wouldn't be against it at all, and certainly against team's like 'muff who use the width would look probably more solid.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 15:42:28 »

Any news on how long Sheehan's out for?
Coca Fola

« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 16:21:09 »

I reckon all of our left backs could do a job on the left of midfield, but Wilson hasn't tried it yet (bar maybe towards the end of the game as a last resort) and I doubt he will. I'm probably on my own, but I reckon LJF could potentially do a good job there. Don't think any of them would be worse than O'Brien.

I agree with you too. LJF has all the attributes a left midfielder needs.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 16:29:15 »

You can't carry a player in a team just because he delivers dangerous set pieces, he also needs to be able to do his job.

What a load of nonsence you spout - Maybe vince could play like the CF he is meant to be.

You can't quote or spell. Fuck off.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 17:38:12 »

I agree with you too. LJF has all the attributes a left midfielder needs.

Just as importantly, LJF and our other left backs, have similar attributes to our right sided midfielders compared to O'Brien who just looks out of place. Would give the midfield and team a far better balance. Playing JPM and Prutton on the left but not trying one of our left backs seems pretty dumb to me. But then I don't even play FM so what the fuck do I know.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 17:54:10 »

It was an enjoyable match, I thought Plymouth looked a decent side with a good mix of flair and no nonsense players like Fletcher. Craig Noone was very good.

Pericard and Dossevi upfront are always going to struggle for goals - I think they have both scored something like 10 goals each since 2006!

They really don't work as a partnership due to the lack of pace but of course we don't have anyone else match fit so that is the only option. I would throw David Ball in if he is back at the weekend. As others have said, we are getting the ball into the right positions so we will be fine once Austin returns. Every game people around me have been going on about replacing Paynter - I wish they would shut it because sadly what we have is what we are going to stay with I think.

One final point, 'Richtheref', are you on the wind up?

adje

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:01:41 »

My take; Lucas 4-shocking error and it affected him,one decent save but a mistake like that means a low mark
            Amankwah 4-looked really uncomfortable all night
            Morrison 4-did the hype go to his head?never put a foot(or head) right all night
             Cuthbert 7-after the first 10 minutes was absolutely solid,best defender by a mile
            Sheehan -looked strangely out of it before his injury,caught out of position several times
            Rose 6-worried when he came on,but was not total shit.
            JPM 5-looks anonymous at the moment,one quality cross though
            Douglas 7-MOTM for me,showed usual tenacity,leadership and rarely gave the ball away.
            Prutton 0-unforgiveable
            Caddis 7-impressed with his tenacity and work rate
            Pericard 4-missed badly the best chance of the night.Lazy,only once did he close down defenders,and was rewarded with a free kick.too choosy with his effort,although 1 touch of class to set up Dossevi.
            Dossevi 4-missed a fucking hatful.Is he just unintelligent or does he not genuinely know what offside is about?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:08:38 »

Danny should have taken Prutton off before the sending off, the way he was throwing himself around it was obvious he was going to pick up the second yellow. Up until that point Prutton was having a good game, but appears to need saving from himself once he's on a booking.

Felt sorry for O'Brien. If you're going to bring him on you then need to play the ball over the top into space for him to run onto, not the sort of balls into feet that you can with JP. For my money, O'Brien just doesn't fit into the way the team plays and we either need to get a left winger on on loan, or try one of the Left backs in there. I would go for LJF.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:17:39 »

Danny should have taken Prutton off before the sending off, the way he was throwing himself around it was obvious he was going to pick up the second yellow. Up until that point Prutton was having a good game, but appears to need saving from himself once he's on a booking.

Felt sorry for O'Brien. If you're going to bring him on you then need to play the ball over the top into space for him to run onto, not the sort of balls into feet that you can with JP. For my money, O'Brien just doesn't fit into the way the team plays and we either need to get a left winger on on loan, or try one of the Left backs in there. I would go for LJF.

A good footballer should be able to play with the ball to his feet. We are not going to change into a hoof and run team just to fit O'brien into the team.

He was utter shite last night. He didn't look interested and on many occassions didn't even face the play. He really frustrated me.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:18:44 »

It would help if he attempted to make runs.

He's simply not a footballer.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:21:24 »

he made the runs on a few occasions but no one had the brian waves to actually pass it down the line into the space he was running into.

only a few times but still. It just seems like no one (AOB included) knows how to play to his strengths.

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:28:08 »

he made the runs on a few occasions but no one had the brian waves to actually pass it down the line into the space he was running into.

only a few times but still. It just seems like no one (AOB included) knows how to play to his strengths.

Face it Dave, he's just not very good.

It's All Good..............
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:31:40 »

A good footballer should be able to play with the ball to his feet. We are not going to change into a hoof and run team just to fit O'brien into the team.

I'm not suggesting either that he's a good footballer or that we should try and accomodate him. We need someone in who can play in our system. I do think LJF has all he attributes needed and would be worth a try.

It might be worth shipping O'Brien out on loan to L2 or the Conference to get him consistent game time and a bit of confidence. Surely, as a full international, he must be better than we've seen from him?
jb

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 18:57:27 »

I'm not suggesting either that he's a good footballer or that we should try and accomodate him. We need someone in who can play in our system. I do think LJF has all he attributes needed and would be worth a try.

It might be worth shipping O'Brien out on loan to L2 or the Conference to get him consistent game time and a bit of confidence. Surely, as a full international, he must be better than we've seen from him?

Agreed. Sorry mis-read your point. Our priority should be getting another striker on loan, ideally with pace. The amount of times our play broke down when it reached up front was too many. I think Rose would do a job at left wing, or try LJF
Spencer_White

« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 19:39:48 »

I thought Lucas pulled off some great saves late on in the second half. Yes he made a bad mistake for the 1st goal, but hes still a great keeper. Its a shame we couldnt test their keeper more because he was dodgy. He struggled to dive to his right, and he couldnt kick with his right foot at all.

Caddis was excellent, and showed the sort of class that we were expecting. I thought Rose showed some signs of growing confidence. But we will miss Sheehan badly.

Pericard could not hold the ball up. We played too much long ball, but he missed some easy lay offs. Dossevi looked good in patches but he shows no confidence at all in front of goal. Hes going to be a problem player because hes never going to score enough goals up front. There is also no point hoofing the ball to him, he just cant hack it. Austin's ball retention has always been excellent and we miss it.

Some positives, but overrall, its a game to forget.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: