Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 40740 times)
Dozno9

« Reply #510 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 19:51:56 »

There are a lot of comments.

Has anyone mentioned this?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 19:53:47 »

Knock, knock ...
flammableBen

« Reply #512 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:10:19 »

get off my property.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 20:51:04 »

Knock, knock ...

If you are Jehova's then Happy Xmas and FUCK OFF !
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #514 on: Friday, October 1, 2010, 21:25:35 »

The trouble is, logically, that's not right.  I can't remember how many times last season, especially in the earlier games, we got points, but those at the game said how awful the game had been and how badly such and such a player had played...but we won and that's all that matters.....there must be an equal number of occasions when, overall, the team plays well, but because such and such a player (read Lucas, Prutton, O'Brien, Amankwaah, JPM, Cuthbert, Morrison, Rose, Smith, Douglas, Pericard.......) made a mistake here, or a bad tackle there, we lost.  As I read comments on Tuesday night, I get the impression from the majority that, actually, barring the Lucas error, the Prutton sending-off and doubts on the O'Brien role, the team played pretty well, so I can't see why there has to be this constant analysis of individual weaknesses.  There is plenty of evidence that players do read these columns, and also that they are badly affected by barracking from sections of the crowd.  There is also growing agreement that actually the squad is looking better overall than last season's.  So why not begin from those premises?  When I turned on my computer at 8pm to find we were two down, no-one could have been any more depressed than I was, and the defeat was very frustrating; but that doesn't need to turn into the wholesale attack on any individual's reputation or ability.

People give up their time and money to watch Swindon, so of course poor results will frustrate. I agree berating players at the game is stupid, which is why forums are good because it gives you somewhere to blow off steam.

The logic is good I think. I said there were more negative comments when we lose. Going back to early last season the threads for Gillingham and MK were longer than the next three fixtures.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: