Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Plymouth Argyle Official Matchday Thread.  (Read 41409 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 20:10:03 »

Some positives, but overrall, its a game to forget.

Which game is that?
Lumps

« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 21:42:20 »

A good footballer should be able to play with the ball to his feet. We are not going to change into a hoof and run team just to fit O'brien into the team.

This is the biggest load of old bollocks posted in this thread. What sort of ball did Micheal Owen used to prefer? What does Defoe like now? Did that make Liverpool then or Spurs now hoof and run teams?
Playing a ball into space behind the defence, or over the top doesn't make you a Harry Bassett style long ball team FFS!
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 22:19:45 »

It won't make O'Brien a fucking good player either
dell boy

« Reply #468 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 07:17:51 »

This is the biggest load of old bollocks posted in this thread. What sort of ball did Micheal Owen used to prefer? What does Defoe like now? Did that make Liverpool then or Spurs now hoof and run teams?
Playing a ball into space behind the defence, or over the top doesn't make you a Harry Bassett style long ball team FFS!

Must agree, O'Brien's is all about pace, frightening player to mark if given a chance to run at a defence. Without giving him the space he hasn't really much to offer.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #469 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 07:46:55 »

Fucking hell people get a grip. Newcastle,Carslile,Hibs and now swindon appear to not have been able to play to his strenghs then.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 08:07:42 »

Fucking hell people get a grip. Newcastle,Carslile,Hibs and now swindon appear to not have been able to play to his strenghs then.
Clap Clap Clap
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 09:03:39 »

Clap Clap Clap

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:34:07 »

You watched him alot at Newcastle, Carlisle and Hibs?

We certainly dont play to his strengths.
jb

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 10:59:09 »

Playing to his strengths aside. He didn't look interested on Tuesday.. this is not good enough.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 11:02:31 »

I agree. He didnt.

I dont think even he plays to his strengths. He comes looking for the ball short way too often.

That said, I'd play him behind the front two. Get Vince to lay it off (!!!) to an on rushing AOB get him to run and then as soon as he gets near the penalty spot punt it as hard as can!!!

Goal machine in waiting.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 11:03:57 »

Playing to his strengths aside. He didn't look interested on Tuesday.. this is not good enough.
Not so much disinterested as a combination of terrified/very unsure of himself/what he was supposed to be doing. He had started to look better when he built up a run of games earlier this season (not great, but better), might help him get back to that and build on it if people gave him a chance a bit more
jb

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 11:05:22 »

I agree. He didnt.

I dont think even he plays to his strengths. He comes looking for the ball short way too often.

That said, I'd play him behind the front two. Get Vince to lay it off (!!!) to an on rushing AOB get him to run and then as soon as he gets near the penalty spot punt it as hard as can!!!

Goal machine in waiting.

Punt and run!
jb

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 11:08:46 »

Not so much disinterested as a combination of terrified/very unsure of himself/what he was supposed to be doing. He had started to look better when he built up a run of games earlier this season (not great, but better), might help him get back to that and build on it if people gave him a chance a bit more

Have we got time to give players a chance if we want to do well this season? I know its a very cut throat view but we cant be carrying players.. surely he's had enough time to settle in?
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 12:14:41 »

Question why do we have more replies on the site when we lose then there are when we win Hmmm
Are we a set of followers whose glass is half empty or half full Yes
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Thursday, September 30, 2010, 12:25:27 »

Have we got time to give players a chance if we want to do well this season? I know its a very cut throat view but we cant be carrying players.. surely he's had enough time to settle in?
Fair point. I actually more meant about people giving him a chance when he does play. Tuesday people were on his back before he'd even got on the pitch, don't see how that's going to help a player
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: