Pages: 1 ... 1598 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 1604 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4517976 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24000 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 16:30:08 »

Given the current mood 4D, I think that may make you a racist*

I have no interest is F1 and have no actual opinions on Lewis Hamilton. I do find myself getting slightly annoyed by him though. Don't really know why, pretty sure it's not his skin colour though.

*I don't think you're a racist 😉

I just find him irritating
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #24001 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 16:35:33 »

I don't watch F1 and have no particular opinion of Hamilton, but the tax dodging is pretty well known and he was also an avid supporter of the Black Lives Matter movement, which probably irked some people.

Not me, I might add, I fully support the Black Lives Matter movement, and Hamilton has been subject to his fair share of racism.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #24002 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 16:40:44 »

I know. I do as well (only mildly... not that bothered in the grand scheme of things)

Just get the feeling that in the current climate, if someone says anything that is not 100-percent complementary about a person who is non-white, there are a million keyboard warriors waiting to jump on them.

Objectivity has gone out the window.

It's bullshit.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24003 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 16:41:25 »

Couldn't agree more.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24004 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 16:45:30 »

Something to do with living in Monaco isn’t it?

Winging about him paying no taxes, etc, etc yawn yawn

I never heard anyone winging about Mark Hateley, Glen Hoddle, Chris Waddle or David Coultard

So, give no fucks
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24005 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 16:49:57 »

Bumping into this on a stroll  Smiley
A nice Sika deer.

* 20200810_152714_copy_1612x744.jpg (449.4 KB, 1612x744 - viewed 122 times.)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24006 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 17:11:00 »

Hamilton didn’t have the better car in 2017 and 2018 either - If Ferrari/vettell didn’t shoot themselves in the foot both years they’d have won at least one of those titles

Yep, the pont I made too. Hamilton hasn't always had the best car. You could also argue he hasn't always had the best individual team car to his teammates, especially in his earlier seasons with McClaren/Mercedes; let alone the best constructor car.

I agree, I think Vettel probably should have at least 5 titles but something hasn't sustained for him and since having a kid I feel his mind is focused elsewhere. It's clear he's wanted out for a while but is just honouring his contract; however messy. Shame because I'd have loved to see Hamilton and he go wheel to wheel more often.

Looks like that could be Verstappen, Le Clerc or even the emerging Norris (no not of ex Town fame) if he was given an even better car. Albon looks dangerous too. I wonder if Ferrari are considering a move for him.  Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BoA Vagabond

Tufty club

Ignore
« Reply #24007 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 17:14:51 »

Jason Donervan can be found outside Sainsburys in Bradford on Avon most evenings. Decent kebab.

Parasitic freeloading season ticket holder scum
REDBUCK

« Reply #24008 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 17:48:17 »

Stuart Broard does this to me
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24009 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 17:55:56 »

Stuart Broard does this to me

That's a good old west country lilt  Smiley
REDBUCK

« Reply #24010 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 18:15:07 »

Yer, tis n'all
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #24011 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 22:35:34 »

New York Rangers just won the first overall draft pick in the upcoming NHL Draft. How we got it was *insane*. The NHL holds a draft lottery to decide the draft order once the season is done. Covid stopped that, and with a wonky playoff format featuring more teams than usual, the NHL added 8 placeholder teams into the draft. Each with a 2.5% chance of winning the first overall draft, other actual teams had much, much, much higher odds. Team E won the draft lottery, so once the play in round of the payoffs were done, the 8 teams that lost all had a 12.5% chance of winning Team E's draft space. The Rangers just got that now. Insane.

Well done if you made it through that, and I'll be amazed if that makes sense, I'm ciders deep after a proper shit day. Get in Cheesy

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24012 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 23:52:35 »

New York Rangers just won the first overall draft pick in the upcoming NHL Draft.

Well done if you made it through that, and I'll be amazed if that makes sense, I'm ciders deep after a proper shit day. Get in Cheesy

I'm happy for you. Are you Andrew Steele-Davis? He's a nice bloke.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Richie Wellen-Dowd

« Reply #24013 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 07:52:12 »

This isn't a dig at anyone here, or a comment about the Hamilton debate. I do see this type of thought slowly creeping into the mainstream though, and it did make me laugh.

"They mean, what you think they mean"  Soapy Tit Wank

Flashheart

« Reply #24014 on: Tuesday, August 11, 2020, 08:19:55 »

This isn't a dig at anyone here, or a comment about the Hamilton debate. I do see this type of thought slowly creeping into the mainstream though, and it did make me laugh.

"They mean, what you think they mean"  Soapy Tit Wank

I was once accused of being racist because I did not agree with another person's definition of racism. I take my definition directly from the OED. (Which is sort of the point of having an OED).

Other people get to redefine words to suit them and, if you don't agree, you had might as well be a member of the KKK.

I try to avoid it. (And I'm left-leaning). It doesn't matter what you say; somebody, somewhere, is going to accuse you of being a terrible person somehow.
Pages: 1 ... 1598 1599 1600 [1601] 1602 1603 1604 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: