Pages: 1 ... 1597 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 1603 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518727 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #23985 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:23:41 »

Outspoken, brown skin and successful.  

Even worse.  We love a build em up and knock em down in this country.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #23986 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:26:13 »

And every wealthy person pays as little tax as possible. Weird thing to moan about.

Can't agree with you there, I think the rich evading tax is a very rational thing to moan about. That other people do it does not make it OK that Hamilton does it.

I'm not a member of the Hamilton hate club, however.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23987 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 12:58:54 »

How is "outspoken" a bad thing?

And every wealthy person pays as little tax as possible. Weird thing to moan about.

Nothing wrong with being outspoken if you have white skin.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #23988 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 13:43:04 »

Nothing wrong with being outspoken if you have white skin.
Outspoken, brown skin and successful.  

Even worse.  We love a build em up and knock em down in this country.

Pretty much spot on. The only thing I don't "like" about Hamilton is that "American" accent but it's a small price to pay and it is just an accent at the end of the day. I think he isn't so arrogant as is made out, just hardened by the environment he works in. Sure he has a tinge of it but there are a lot of arrogant people in motorsport so probably to be the very best, you do need a at least a little bit of it.

Also have to look at mental strength too. It is all so easy to see, Vettel for example. You do not become a mid division driver that quickly without other distractions or focus (or other priorities). Vettel is a fantastic driver and several others too. There is the clamour of a few drivers being able to say "I won an F1 title" but to continue that, in the way Schumacher and now Hamilton have is precise machine like levels of consistency. You could say that when they made Hamilton, it was from an F1 Factory, such as the stats tells us and these stats aren't ones that you can overly manipulate to favour him. They just speak for themselves and sometimes, he has done it not even in the best car.

Yeah I'm a fan because of the consistency above but in part because there are likely several "English patriots" that really want to love him but for some reason they just can't bring themselves to, so find something to beat him with and I could never suggest why that might be? Hmmm

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Panda Paws

« Reply #23989 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 13:55:00 »

He's the greatest living British sportsman, and yet just doesn't seem liked. I can't figure it out (I can).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23990 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:18:17 »

I’m just putting it out there but do you think people possibly devalue his achievements based on the fact he ‘has the best car’ and always has done?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #23991 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:20:43 »

I’m just putting it out there but do you think people possibly devalue his achievements based on the fact he ‘has the best car’ and always has done?
I think a few people still think it's the case but people don't seem to think any less of the other greats in F1 who also had the best cars apparently at the time
REDBUCK

« Reply #23992 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:27:42 »

Maybe it's to do with him speaking out against many injustices in the world but then competes in an industry that jet sets around the world and who cosies up to countries with dubious human rights records.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #23993 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:29:53 »

Andy Murray is another who gets a lot of stick. Anthony Joshua also seems to get a lot more lately too.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23994 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:30:04 »

I think a few people still think it's the case but people don't seem to think any less of the other greats in F1 who also had the best cars apparently at the time

I haven’t followed F1 was years - so don’t hold an opinion either way.

But I will say Schumacher won titles with Benetton. He always had the best car at Ferrari but wouldn’t say it did at Benetton but that’s a different discussion altogether.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23995 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:38:41 »

Hamilton didn’t have the better car in 2017 and 2018 either - If Ferrari/vettell didn’t shoot themselves in the foot both years they’d have won at least one of those titles

Things get better but they never get good
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #23996 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:40:53 »

I haven’t followed F1 was years - so don’t hold an opinion either way.

But I will say Schumacher won titles with Benetton. He always had the best car at Ferrari but wouldn’t say it did at Benetton but that’s a different discussion altogether.
Undoubtledly Schumacher is one of if not the greatest driver ever but that season is clouded in a lot of controversies
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23997 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 14:41:37 »

I'm not a fan.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23998 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 15:40:37 »

I'm not a fan.
Given the current mood 4D, I think that may make you a racist*

I have no interest is F1 and have no actual opinions on Lewis Hamilton. I do find myself getting slightly annoyed by him though. Don't really know why, pretty sure it's not his skin colour though.

*I don't think you're a racist 😉
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23999 on: Monday, August 10, 2020, 15:56:04 »

Pages: 1 ... 1597 1598 1599 [1600] 1601 1602 1603 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: