Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 1447 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4531992 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21645 on: Sunday, December 9, 2018, 16:08:48 »

Got to watch a sports team I was rooting for win something yesterday, which is rare.  Atlanta Utd have managed to get into the top 15 supported teams in the world, which is amazing considering the status of football over here until recently.  73k there yesterday.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #21646 on: Sunday, December 9, 2018, 21:13:37 »

Definitely a sport which is growing rapidly over there.

I do wonder if in 10–15 years time they could rival the bigger European leagues for pulling power of the bigger names in their prime years, as opposed to the retirement home years
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #21647 on: Sunday, December 9, 2018, 22:07:00 »

Miami's game winning touchdown...not often I'll cheer a Miami td, but today I'll make an exception.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #21648 on: Monday, December 10, 2018, 03:19:56 »

Playing FM15 (year 2018 as it happens)

Anyway Premier League Swindon Town (!!!) have a striker crisis. All 4 are injured.

So, I chuck Leroy Fer (who can’t get in my team anyway) upfront in a 4-2-3-1 and he’s smashed in 7 goals in 4 games!!
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #21649 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 08:26:40 »

In the Adver this morning   Embarrassed

Three hundred houses will be built on land in south Swindon originally earmarked for a business park.    7 comments
And the homes to be built by developers Redrow Homes and Persimmon Homes will become an extension to the hundreds of houses already built, or being built at the Badbury Park development.But while borough councillors, who voted to approve the scheme, and parish councillors were not in opposition, there are concerns about noise for residents near the M4 and A419The agent for the plsn James Walker of Pegasus Planning which has an office in Cirencester, told the planning committee. Thjis land was orginally approved for a business park, but it is clear there is no reasonable prospect of the plot vbeing developed for employment use after four years on the amrket.Mr Waloker sais thaqt reports showed that useing the land for 300 houses instead would actually cut traffic to the site compared to the expected tarffic if it had vbecome an uindustrail site.Coun Fionuala Foley, who sits on the committee and is also a ward councillor for the area said: "|I went to thge entireety of the public consultation session when this plan was first prtoposed, and spoke to all the residenmts whjo attended. Many of them didn't know the site had approval for a business park, which was disappointying. But Iasked them all which they'd prefer, the park or housing and the overwheklming majority wanted the housing - they felt it would be less disruptive."But noise form the roads is a concern to South Swindon Parish Council.
It's deputy chairman of planning, Coun Patrick Herring told the committee: "We are not against this development bin prinicple but we don have some concerns."
Coun Herring saidd it was important that proposed noise-defelcting piles of eart, or bunds, were effective., and said noise studies showe4d the areas of the development area , bounded by the motorway and dual carriageway, received noise equivalent to a washing machine on a full spin cycle.
He said the council was also concerend about children xcrossing Day Hall lane to get to play areas and sports pictches, and corssing should be built to seve the "desire paths" of people going to those facilities.
Coun Foley praised the developers for planning extensive play facilities, including a games area, a proper sports pitch, a "teenage shelter" and a walking and fitness trail with outdoors gym equpment such as pull-up bars wraooing around the south of thre site.
But, she said: "EResidents in the existing estate are still waiting for their play areas - there isn't enough room to have a kickabout. So please get on with that."

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21650 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 08:32:20 »

ut, she said: "EResidents in the existing estate are still waiting for their play areas - there isn't enough room to have a kickabout. So please get on with that."

Its OK, if SBC wait long enough they can flog it off for more housing.
Flashheart

« Reply #21651 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 08:43:02 »

As a writer, I know how easy it is to overlook typos, but that Adver article is unforgivable.

Those errors would be picked up easily by eye, not to mention checkers such as word and grammarly. That's just been bashed out and published without anybody checking it first.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21652 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 09:05:35 »

As a writer, I know how easy it is to overlook typos, but that Adver article is unforgivable.

Those errors would be picked up easily by eye, not to mention checkers such as word and grammarly. That's just been bashed out and published without anybody checking it first.
Leaving aside the typos, it's also riddled with factual errors. They would literally be better off getting a bot to write the paper.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21653 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 14:17:30 »

Londoners troll NYT after it tweets asking for experience of petty crime in the capital.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/13/londoners-troll-new-york-times-petty-crimes
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21654 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 17:59:04 »

That Adver article is bloody atrocious. It's clear that it was written as a first draft or in haste but even a Junior School or first year secondary school kid could have picked up and spell checked at the minimum. I can't see time constraints being that tight at the Adver and/or resources being that low they can't even use free ones. I'm sure the article could have waited a couple more hours before going live. No one was that eager to see it but they are still read and as a reader, we don't expect to be part-time, unpaid proofreaders.

Akl ib a dats wrok! Head Hurts

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #21655 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 19:52:51 »

About to get on a flight to Sydney (via Seoul)

Merry Christmas TEF.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21656 on: Thursday, December 13, 2018, 21:54:17 »

About to get on a flight to Sydney (via Seoul)

Merry Christmas TEF.

Enjoy mate! Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #21657 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 11:31:35 »

Last day of a bloody long tour.  Ive had 2 days at home since the 31st of October.  Travel home tomorrow and then have 3 whole days off.  Cant wait.

Never knowingly overstated.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #21658 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 14:07:19 »

Spotting an unusual looking bird in the garden (no not the missus) this morning.
Turned out to be a Grey wagtail, not common in these parts apparently.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21659 on: Saturday, December 15, 2018, 18:22:30 »

Spotting an unusual looking bird in the garden (no not the missus) this morning.
Turned out to be a Grey wagtail, not common in these parts apparently.

There are a few about, you usually see them by running water though. The curio is that although called grey, they look quite yellow.
Pages: 1 ... 1441 1442 1443 [1444] 1445 1446 1447 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: