Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 1411 [1412] 1413 1414 1415 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518057 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21165 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 12:01:15 »

https://twitter.com/supermathskid/status/1026175076335538176
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21166 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 13:34:04 »

Yeovil fans absolutely wetting themselves over the prospect of John Terry signing for them!

On their fb page several saying hes the final peice of the jigsaw and that they will win the league with him in the side!

Sorry Yeovil I can't see it happening, on either front!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #21167 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 13:51:44 »

Yeovil fans absolutely wetting themselves over the prospect of John Terry signing for them!

On their fb page several saying hes the final peice of the jigsaw and that they will win the league with him in the side!

Sorry Yeovil I can't see it happening, on either front!

Is he on the move from Vanilla then?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21168 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 13:52:40 »

Is he on the move from Vanilla then?
He was released from them at the end of season. His brother Paul is a coach at Yeovil.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #21169 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 14:41:10 »

He was released from them at the end of season. His brother Paul is a coach at Yeovil.

Ah, didn’t know that.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #21170 on: Monday, August 6, 2018, 21:31:58 »

Walked just shy of 42km yesterday (yes, in this heat, on a Sunday...I'm nuts), in mostly beautiful countryside local to me. The minor and expected downside was several aches and three blisters (2 on one foot, 1 on the other).

Now I walk (yes WALK) quite a lot and this "self imposed endurance test" is part of a project further down the line.

I absolutely love the outdoors but it still strikes me, every time; if you ever feel slightly jaded or pressured by a seemingly ever speeding up world, just remember that we're never far from some wonderfully beautiful countryside, even if you live in the depths of a city. I don't care how young or old you are, the outdoor life does something to me and makes me reconnect, even if briefly. I love that feeling and I guess my point is, more of us need to do this too.

While I ached this morning and have been pretty run down after a "3 family house move", I can't wait to get out in the country again. I think I may well be a true gypsy/nomadic, and I'd be more than chuffed if it lies within my heritage.  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21171 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 06:12:43 »

Walked just shy of 42km yesterday (yes, in this heat, on a Sunday...I'm nuts), in mostly beautiful countryside local to me. The minor and expected downside was several aches and three blisters (2 on one foot, 1 on the other).

Now I walk (yes WALK) quite a lot and this "self imposed endurance test" is part of a project further down the line.

I absolutely love the outdoors but it still strikes me, every time; if you ever feel slightly jaded or pressured by a seemingly ever speeding up world, just remember that we're never far from some wonderfully beautiful countryside, even if you live in the depths of a city. I don't care how young or old you are, the outdoor life does something to me and makes me reconnect, even if briefly. I love that feeling and I guess my point is, more of us need to do this too.

While I ached this morning and have been pretty run down after a "3 family house move", I can't wait to get out in the country again. I think I may well be a true gypsy/nomadic, and I'd be more than chuffed if it lies within my heritage.  Smiley
Possibly an age thing. I feel the same about cycling in the countryside. Never interested in it until my 40s. Now its a massive stress relieving part of my life.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21172 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 07:48:12 »

I'm early thirties and like nothing better than going for a woodland walk. I've even looked into buying a woodland.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21173 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:00:24 »

Bambi..... 42Km is a tidy hike, have you ever read A Philosophy of Walking by Frederic Gros  Hmmm   interesting book, Gros considers many aspects of the physicality of walking... different styles etc, hike v stroll that sort of thing. Walking solo or in company etc.... then through it is a thread of how walking often was used by philosophers... some like Kant would do the same urban walk at the same time everyday... in order to escape thought, whereas others like Nietzsche walked to think.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21174 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:16:48 »

Get a dog you lot!
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #21175 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:19:15 »

Cogito, ergo ambula

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21176 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:29:08 »

Get a dog you lot!

I've already got two, I don't want another one.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21177 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 08:49:43 »

Cogito, ergo ambula

I've always thought walking is a fundamental of our species.... catching the moment where a baby goes from crawling to taking its first steps, is pretty special.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21178 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:27:12 »

Bloody hell, this new age stuff, it will be homeopathy and astrology next....  Wink

FWIW moving from a city centre to the sticks = best thing we ever did!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21179 on: Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 09:51:44 »

Possibly an age thing. I feel the same about cycling in the countryside. Never interested in it until my 40s. Now its a massive stress relieving part of my life.
Same as for trail running. Running in open country (with dog, Audrey) has transformed me. And the dog Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 1409 1410 1411 [1412] 1413 1414 1415 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: