Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 1388 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4533941 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20760 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 20:01:19 »

gherkins, onions, eggs.. that's my pickled lot. particularly eggs.

got some fancy picked eggs at bath market once, curried, garlic, etc. don't bother, you just taste the vineger really..
Flashheart

« Reply #20761 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 20:05:29 »

Vinegar and anything pickled are abominations.

Weirdo
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #20762 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 20:11:01 »

Love pickled onions, eggs, gherkins and chillies.
Had some pickled chillies on my salad for lunch today.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20763 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 20:54:51 »

Grin

http://www.gazetteandherald.co.uk/news/16249948.Angry_farmer_s_abrupt_message_raises_eyebrows/?ref=mr&lp=15
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20764 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 21:01:45 »

I last pickled some shallots with much of the above but I also whacked in some crushed coriander seed. Lovely bitter orange fragrance. Actually smoothes the tang a touch
On the subject of coriander, rather than buy expensive plants from the supermarkets, just chuck a handful of seeds from the a packet into a flowerbed. They also over winter easily outside too!
Barry Scott

« Reply #20765 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 21:06:32 »

Love pretty much all pickled stuff. Recently got into pickled mushrooms from Tesco and something that used to be called Swedish Salad, both of which are Polish and I love.

My girlfriend's mate was preggers and had craving for pickled onions and dry roasted peanuts and it's amazing to eat them together. They do have to strong (and/or spicy onions) and the dry roasted need to decent, KP work best. Try it.

In fact, the best way to eat it is to chew a small amount of KP dry roasted peanuts, then chuck in a Garners pickled shallot and a piece of fresh chilli (flavoursome red medium+ heat work best so you can have a big chunk) chew some more, then add in some more nuts. We even blended the mixture up like a pate and had it on crackers. Honestly, it's fucking ace.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #20766 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 22:42:15 »

Got back yesterday from a Modern Jive Weekender in Cap D'Agde, southern France. A few stayed on for an extra night and four of us walked about 3km from our hotel into the town for dinner. We wanted to get a taxi back and asked a group of three policemen if they could give us a telephone number to ring. They tried themselves without success to call a taxi for us, eventually saying they were feeling bored so we jumped into two of their cars and they took us back to the hotel. They even briefly turned their sirens on  Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20767 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 23:16:46 »

I was with you right up to the point you added the Dill...yuck, makes them taste like gherkins that way.

It's an Eastern European thing.... and reminds me of The Herbs.
Amir

« Reply #20768 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 09:04:32 »

Love pretty much all pickled stuff. Recently got into pickled mushrooms from Tesco and something that used to be called Swedish Salad, both of which are Polish and I love.

My girlfriend's mate was preggers and had craving for pickled onions and dry roasted peanuts and it's amazing to eat them together. They do have to strong (and/or spicy onions) and the dry roasted need to decent, KP work best. Try it.

In fact, the best way to eat it is to chew a small amount of KP dry roasted peanuts, then chuck in a Garners pickled shallot and a piece of fresh chilli (flavoursome red medium+ heat work best so you can have a big chunk) chew some more, then add in some more nuts. We even blended the mixture up like a pate and had it on crackers. Honestly, it's fucking ace.

Ha, you're a lunatic but I want to try that.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20769 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 09:15:37 »

gherkins, onions, eggs.. that's my pickled lot. particularly eggs.

got some fancy picked eggs at bath market once, curried, garlic, etc. don't bother, you just taste the vineger really..

Pickled egg in a bag of crisps. Gherkins with pastrami, American mustard and a hard cheese make a great sarnie
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20770 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 09:23:02 »

Along similar lines, KP used to do Salt and Vinegar dry roasted peanuts which were the absolute nuts (as it were). They don't do them any more so I make do with a mix of dry roasted and ordinary S&V peanuts. And a similar flavour combination can be achieved with peanut butter and Branston on toast, which frankly is the nectar of the gods. Or would have been if the Greeks had had peanut butter and Branston available to them. No, I'm not pregnant.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #20771 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 09:24:13 »

Along similar lines, KP used to do Salt and Vinegar dry roasted peanuts which were the absolute nuts (as it were). They don't do them any more so I make do with a mix of dry roasted and ordinary S&V peanuts. And a similar flavour combination can be achieved with peanut butter and Branston on toast, which frankly is the nectar of the gods. Or would have been if the Greeks had had peanut butter and Branston available to them. No, I'm not pregnant.

Peanut butter is the devils shit, its the only food product that I cannot get near without gypping!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #20772 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 09:25:01 »

Peanut butter is the devils shit, its the only food product that I cannot get near without gypping!
I'm putting you in with chalkies shorts in the "Couldn't be more wrong about food" corner.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20773 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 10:00:27 »

I like peanut butter, and I like Branston pickle.... but putting them together on toast  No
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20774 on: Thursday, June 7, 2018, 10:07:23 »

peanut butter is grim.
but I like peanuts.
and Reese's pieces
Pages: 1 ... 1382 1383 1384 [1385] 1386 1387 1388 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: