Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 1387 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4519700 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #20745 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 07:17:14 »

that moment of absolute euphoria when you finally make to the toilet for that shit you have been holding in for over an hour because to London traffic.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20746 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 07:33:31 »

Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20747 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 07:51:42 »

My birthday today.
Had a lovely meal overlooking the valleys and watching the sun set as I polished off a gorgeous bottle of wine.
Wales does have its plus points.

Happy Birthday Ells, hope you had a great day Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20748 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 08:18:16 »

My birthday today.
Had a lovely meal overlooking the valleys and watching the sun set as I polished off a gorgeous bottle of wine.

Was that the 5th or the 6th. I only ask as one of my sons was the 5th.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #20749 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 09:11:35 »

Ordering a typewriter ribbon for an eccentric old friend as part of a birthday present package.... A fly fishing ‘J R Hartley’ moment.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20750 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 10:04:03 »

My birthday today.

Merthyr?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20751 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 10:12:59 »

My birthday today.

Did you have any Welsh Sparkling Wine Ells? We went to some event recently that involved 'quaffing' a lot of fizz and the Welsh stuff was very nice. So much so that we purchased 6 bottles of it. Seemingly Welsh wine in a few years is going to be great and is already winning many awards.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #20752 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 16:50:05 »

Crunching into home made pickled shallots from last autumn. The fact they’re still crunchy is a bonus.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20753 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 16:54:12 »

Crunching into home made pickled shallots from last autumn. The fact they’re still crunchy is a bonus.

Good man, I've still got a few left over from my autumnal efforts.  Did about 3 Kilner jars worth.  What do you bung in?  I go bay leaves, mustard seeds, whole black peppers and dill. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20754 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 17:08:56 »

Good man, I've still got a few left over from my autumnal efforts.  Did about 3 Kilner jars worth.  What do you bung in?  I go bay leaves, mustard seeds, whole black peppers and dill. 
I was with you right up to the point you added the Dill...yuck, makes them taste like gherkins that way.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #20755 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 17:17:43 »

Bay leaf, fresh from my neighbours over hanging bay tree! Crushed garlic clove skin on, one fresh chilli, peppercorns and steeped in malt vinegar. Still got some pickled eggs too....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #20756 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 17:28:57 »

Bay leaf, fresh from my neighbours over hanging bay tree! Crushed garlic clove skin on, one fresh chilli, peppercorns and steeped in malt vinegar. Still got some pickled eggs too....

Ooh pickled eggs, now you're talking.  I like the idea of pickled eggs rather than the reality. I go beetroot, there always seems to be people who've got allotments etc, who are trying to get rid in late Sept  early Oct.

Might do a jar with garlic and chilli come autumn.... if feeling adventurous  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #20757 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 17:56:23 »

Been working in garden today and am trying to cut down on booze. Soon exhausted the Pepsimax supply. So nipped to Aldi, passed on the Coke as I do prefer Pepsi. Took a punt on Aldi ‘Pepsimax’ @ 43p for 2 litres. I can tell the difference but for that price i’m content to chug it down with ice, maybe treat myself to a tiny rum and Aldimax later....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #20758 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 18:39:32 »

I last pickled some shallots with much of the above but I also whacked in some crushed coriander seed. Lovely bitter orange fragrance. Actually smoothes the tang a touch

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #20759 on: Wednesday, June 6, 2018, 19:31:47 »

Vinegar and anything pickled are abominations.
Pages: 1 ... 1381 1382 1383 [1384] 1385 1386 1387 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: