Pages: 1 ... 791 792 793 [794] 795 796 797 ... 1938   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4663384 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11895 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 22:34:56 »

Newquay, even when quiet, is like Yeovil on sea. Hope you enjoy yourself Samdy but I can't stand the place at all...

One that hovers between both threads- I get my first car tomorrow,  well chuffed by that. Slight problem is my first trip in it will be taking my grandparents to pick up their new one in London. I also haven't driven at all since January.

I expect said journey to be less than enjoyable.

Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #11896 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 22:52:44 »

Sure will. May try to get the bike down to Newquay, not sure I'll get away with taking it to Spain though. The Vuelta finishes two weeks before we arrive, so bad timing there but it was the old dear's choice.

I have a friend in St Ives who reckons that the rolling hilly nature of Cornwall and Devon are a match for anything in the country and a great way to get fit. I love it having spent many a holiday down there.

Chap at work drives to Spain every year to go camping (he is minted so don't quite understand this) and takes his bike -again he sings the praises of the quality cycling about. However I'm sure with a little ones in tow you'll enough baggage without the bike  Grin
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11897 on: Tuesday, January 14, 2014, 23:26:18 »

Newquay, even when quiet, is like Yeovil on sea. Hope you enjoy yourself Samdy but I can't stand the place at all...

One that hovers between both threads- I get my first car tomorrow,  well chuffed by that. Slight problem is my first trip in it will be taking my grandparents to pick up their new one in London. I also haven't driven at all since January.

I expect said journey to be less than enjoyable.

As in January 2014?
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #11898 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 08:48:09 »

Despite all the moaning about the cost of holidays in the summer holidays I bit the bullet and booked up last night for 11 nights in Cape Verde in August. Same place, same resort, same hotel as last year as it was perfect for the kids and some relaxation.

Increase in price from term time to achool holiday time = 30%  Angry
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11899 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 09:15:12 »

As in January 2014?

Oh shit, it is 2014 isn't it? Nope, January 2013, or 'a year' as normal people would say.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11900 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 10:44:09 »

I have a friend in St Ives who reckons that the rolling hilly nature of Cornwall and Devon are a match for anything in the country and a great way to get fit. I love it having spent many a holiday down there.

I've pedalled a fair few miles in Devon and Cornwall, and some of the 1 in 3 shit down there is a challenge, especially if your carrying panniers.

Anyone done the Tarka Trail?  If you've a family then hiring bikes somewhere like that is a winner...
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #11901 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:14:49 »

I've pedalled a fair few miles in Devon and Cornwall, and some of the 1 in 3 shit down there is a challenge, especially if your carrying panniers.

Anyone done the Tarka Trail?  If you've a family then hiring bikes somewhere like that is a winner...

We did the Tarka trail last year. Youngest has never been great on a bike, but this was perfect, really flat, nice wide paths, the only time you get near a road are start/finish points and the bridge over the river at Barnstaple. We cycled from Braunton to Instow, had a pub lunch then back again with a couple more stops for cake & beer on the way back. Lovely day, rounded off by a lovely pint of Proper Job in the garden of the Braunton Inn just before we got back. Would highly recommend it
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11902 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:23:38 »

We did the Tarka trail last year. Youngest has never been great on a bike, but this was perfect, really flat, nice wide paths, the only time you get near a road are start/finish points and the bridge over the river at Barnstaple. We cycled from Braunton to Instow, had a pub lunch then back again with a couple more stops for cake & beer on the way back. Lovely day, rounded off by a lovely pint of Proper Job in the garden of the Braunton Inn just before we got back. Would highly recommend it

Smiley sounds great.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #11903 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 11:41:56 »

I did the Atlantic Coast railway line between Barnstaple and Bideford few years back with the kids in bike seats - 20 mile round trip, very flat and very picturesque. Stopped and had lunch in Bideford before cycling back.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 13:33:34 by Bewster » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11904 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 13:25:32 »

Chili and lime popcorn  Popcorn
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11905 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 14:24:26 »

Anyone done the Tarka Trail? 
No, but I've always felt I otter
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11906 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 14:29:06 »

No, but I've always felt I otter

I'm in deadlock over whether that's a good pun or not(ter)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #11907 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 14:46:53 »

I'm in deadlock over whether that's a good pun or not(ter)

I once had a Chicken Tarka Curry

It's like a tikka, just a little 'otter

Ignore
« Reply #11908 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 16:10:30 »

I once had a Chicken Tarka Curry

It's like a tikka, just a little 'otter

What beaverage did you have with it?
Bewster

Ignore
« Reply #11909 on: Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 16:19:39 »

What beaverage did you have with it?