Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 1789 [1790] 1791 1792 1793 ... 2655   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5047664 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26835 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 12:00:16 »

He's not wrong about the problems it causes though. Traffic queuing to get into the North car park has knock-on effects onto Great Western Way in both directions. Traffic also backs up through to Westcott Place, Wootton Bassett Road and up to Mannington Roundabout.

And because Bridgemead Roundabout is a complete clusterfuck, traffic from the West car park causes gridlock along Paddington Drive.

I got stuck in it last weekend and it was chaos.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26836 on: Thursday, November 9, 2017, 12:51:40 »

Sam - you didn't get stuck in it, you were it.

No doubt there are improvements that could be made, but traffic chaos in that area is not new, and while someone might come to you for an article on personal finance, my bet is a decent reporter should not be using you as a source for an article they want to write on Quality control issues with Halogen light bulb manufacturing
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #26837 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 09:38:11 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41927678/why-living-with-our-parents-is-the-best-thing-ever

So basically, you are lazy faggots.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #26838 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 10:01:18 »

Bloody hell, I get that too many people literally can't afford to move out, but some of that makes my fucking piss boil.

"I'm quite independent but it's nice that someone is there to do the washing. I can just throw it in the basket and it's taken care of."

"I enjoy it. It's nice coming home and having food ready"

"It also means I'm not as worried with money, even stupid things like having the heating on. You don't have to worry about it."

Fuck. Off.
Flashheart

« Reply #26839 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 10:09:54 »

It also means I'm not as worried with money, even stupid things like having the heating on. You don't have to worry about it.

If my kids lived with me as adults and they took that attitude, they'd be in for a surprise. I grew up to respect other peoples' energy bills etc. I tell my daughter now about having the air-con on unnecessarily. Not only for financial reasons only, there's a principle to be learned.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26840 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 10:12:50 »

Sam - you didn't get stuck in it, you were it.

If you want to go via any route which involves the queues to the outlet village, then you're stuffed. I think that may have been Sam's point, he wasn't going to the outlet village, which is the primary cause of the queues.

The queues aren't just at Christmas any more, it's pretty much any busy weekend at the outlet village and has got a lot worse over the last couple of years. The new 'layout' changes at Bruce Street roundabout have helped a little bit.

However, it is crappy journalism as you pointed out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26841 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 11:16:55 »

If my kids lived with me as adults and they took that attitude, they'd be in for a surprise. I grew up to respect other peoples' energy bills etc. I tell my daughter now about having the air-con on unnecessarily. Not only for financial reasons only, there's a principle to be learned.
Quite. Learn to use resources sparingly, whether they be financial or not. Fortunately I'm sufficiently obnoxious as a Dad that my kids will be off as soon as they can so!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26842 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 12:22:49 »

If you want to go via any route which involves the queues to the outlet village, then you're stuffed. I think that may have been Sam's point, he wasn't going to the outlet village, which is the primary cause of the queues.

I was trying to get across town from Ocotal Way to West Swindon. I was sad enough to snap this from Google Maps when I eventually got home. It all stems from the queues at the Outlet Village.

Ignore
« Reply #26843 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 12:57:53 »

Having only 1 way out which joins everything else at Bridgemead is lunacy. People say scrap the bus lane but I don't think that would help. Would just cause chaos there too. I don't see how they can resolve this now.

The real problem will always be weight of traffic. We've seen that the so called improvements to Bruce Street bridges and Greenbridge at a cost of fuck knows how much has had zero effect.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26844 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:07:54 »

Having only 1 way out which joins everything else at Bridgemead is lunacy. People say scrap the bus lane but I don't think that would help. Would just cause chaos there too. I don't see how they can resolve this now.

The real problem will always be weight of traffic. We've seen that the so called improvements to Bruce Street bridges and Greenbridge at a cost of fuck knows how much has had zero effect.

Greenbridge is a mess but its not helped by people who can't read road signs.

The same for Mannington roundabout. Coming from J16 the 2 right hand lanes are for going towards town center yet everyone queues up in just the far right one. Those same people then moan when people like me scoot all the way around them and use the filter late for what it was intended for.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:10:58 by Chubbs » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #26845 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:13:30 »

Greenbridge is a mess but its not helped by people who can't read road signs.

The same for Mannington roundabout. Coming from J16 the 2 right hand lanes are for going towards town center yet everyone queues up in just the far right one. Those same people then moan when people like me scoot all the way around them and use the filter late for what it was intended for.

Absolutely agree. People don't observe the clear signage and lane markings.
« Last Edit: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:15:14 by Arriba » Logged
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26846 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:28:48 »

Greenbridge is woeful now get rid of the lights, never had a major problem there before. The only good thing there is them putting in that slip road out of the shopping bit back towards the dockle.
Barry Scott

« Reply #26847 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:45:20 »

The incessant phones ringing on Netflix’s Mindhunter. It’s the same as my phone’s ringer, and likely many other people’s, so drives me mental.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26848 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:45:36 »

Lets be honest, and yes I'm preaching to the converted, but most of Swidon's road structure is absolute shite.

Build build build...oh its stuffed....
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26849 on: Friday, November 10, 2017, 13:47:24 »

What we need is a monorail.....

Pages: 1 ... 1787 1788 1789 [1790] 1791 1792 1793 ... 2655   Go Up
Print
Jump to: