Pages: 1 ... 1784 1785 1786 [1787] 1788 1789 1790 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5066179 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26790 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 07:30:24 »

Invasion of personal space by someone trying to read a broadsheet newspaper in the seat next to me on the train.

The tea lady, sorry customer service host, Svetlana is very pleasant though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26791 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 10:35:24 »

Invasion of personal space by someone trying to read a broadsheet newspaper in the seat next to me on the train.

The tea lady, sorry customer service host, Svetlana is very pleasant though.

Sounds Eastern European.....  Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26792 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 10:51:59 »

Sounds Eastern European.....  Smiley

Oh yes. Very common with Crosscountry & GWR these days.
The innate kindness of Slavic women makes them ideal for customer service roles over here.

She did ask how you were Reg.  Wink

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Flashheart

« Reply #26793 on: Saturday, October 28, 2017, 13:47:23 »

The burn I picked up the other day, which has then lead to a burst blister, leading in turn to a patch of exposed flesh.

Unpleasant. Not particularly painful, but unpleasant nonetheless. This annoys me.
Flashheart

« Reply #26794 on: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 10:53:01 »

Went to the pub earlier for a roast (which was damn good).

Some dim-witted fuckwit was in there actually encouraging her kids to have a screaming competition to see which could scream the loudest. In a pub. Which had customers. Good god.  I know that kids can be unsociable assholes and its difficult to handle. I'm a parent myself. I get it. But to actually be encouraging them. I hope they throw tantrums for the rest of the day to really fuck up her day.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26795 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:48:40 »

Went to the pub earlier for a roast (which was damn good).

Some dim-witted fuckwit was in there actually encouraging her kids to have a screaming competition to see which could scream the loudest. In a pub. Which had customers. Good god.  I know that kids can be unsociable assholes and its difficult to handle. I'm a parent myself. I get it. But to actually be encouraging them. I hope they throw tantrums for the rest of the day to really fuck up her day.
Didn't the pub management/owners have a word? Can't imagine it was doing much for their trade
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26796 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:51:39 »

Didn't the pub management/owners have a word? Can't imagine it was doing much for their trade

Kids shouldn't be alllowed in pubs. OK this is Thailand, but it's a growing trend in the UK.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #26797 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 10:56:52 »

Kids shouldn't be alllowed in pubs. OK this is Thailand, but it's a growing trend in the UK.

Where else are the poor little sods supposed to get a p[int from then?
Flashheart

« Reply #26798 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:02:52 »

Some bloke in their group, presumably the husband, had a word. I wasn't in earshot to hear what was said, but the facial expression said it all.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26799 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 11:40:01 »

Some bloke in their group, presumably the husband, had a word. I wasn't in earshot to hear what was said, but the facial expression said it all.
If there's one thing i hate its screaming kids indoors. My own included. I won't tolerate it. My kids are pretty good and got the message quite early on but when they are with kids who think its acceptable, they will copy, its not their fault but i will nip it in the but instantly.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26800 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:15:54 »

A toddler kept coming up to me and trying to talk to me while I was waiting for a train earlier. I tried to indulge him but I was actually looking through some really important paperwork and was sort of hoping someone would say "leave the lady alone she's busy" or something

Am I being fair or just really miserly?
I am a childless ol' crone so I never know

Edit cos I actually typed the Norwegian word for beer instead of implying I'm old
« Last Edit: Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:18:40 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26801 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:20:55 »

Depends on the pub/time of day doesn't it Reg?

Hungry Horse type/foodie places fine. The Moonies for a nightcap less so.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26802 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:21:59 »

and was sort of hoping someone would say "leave the lady alone she's busy" or something

Nah, its not too much to ask.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #26803 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:30:25 »

On the subject of children.. if a child falls over and hurts themselves right next to you, do you......
a: check the child is OK and pick him/her up and help look for a parent
b: stand there and pretend you haven't seen anything.

I was at the park with my two boys and a kid flew down the slide and momentum made him face plant the ground. It happened right next to me but i was really reluctant to do anything about it. Not because i'm a heartless cunt but because in this day and age the first thing that went through my mind was would this kids parents want me (a total stranger) touching their child.

After a short pause, i did pick the kid up, dusted him off and he went to find his old man. It turns out his old man was on crutches but saw what happened and thanked me for helping. No problems but you hear more too often these days that a simple innocent action can escalate and get you in to trouble.

Just got me thinking really.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #26804 on: Monday, October 30, 2017, 13:32:53 »

On the subject of children.. if a child falls over and hurts themselves right next to you, do you......
a: check the child is OK and pick him/her up and help look for a parent
b: stand there and pretend you haven't seen anything.

I was at the park with my two boys and a kid flew down the slide and momentum made him face plant the ground. It happened right next to me but i was really reluctant to do anything about it. Not because i'm a heartless cunt but because in this day and age the first thing that went through my mind was would this kids parents want me (a total stranger) touching their child.

This is where you're going wrong.
It's bollocks.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 1784 1785 1786 [1787] 1788 1789 1790 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: