Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 1787 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5067348 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #26745 on: Friday, October 20, 2017, 20:28:13 »

Don't know anything about Equifax... however I do have a bank account etc, so does my bank give away details of my account. I'd rather hope they wouldn't.
Right, that's why you need a Data Protection Act. Whether it's UK or EU law is immaterial. Because without one, the likes of Equifax, TalkTalk etc won't have any incentive to look after your personal data properly. And when they don't look after it properly, it ends up in the hands of identity thieves. Who use your details to steal money. Sometimes off you. So, yeah, Data Protection is "seen as a good idea by someone". Probably including you.
Flashheart

« Reply #26746 on: Saturday, October 21, 2017, 09:32:57 »

Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO.

Yep, you read that right and, no, it's not a joke.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #26747 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 08:44:45 »

Mugabe named as goodwill ambassador by WHO.

Yep, you read that right and, no, it's not a joke.

And then rescinded 24 hours later. Which means that rather than being obviously corrupt and not caring, they were actually surprised that appointing a murderous despot who has to go abroad for medical treatment as he's systematically destroyed his own as an ambassador for public health went down badly.

Which is, if anything, more scary.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #26748 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 18:29:24 »

not an annoyance but definitely something i dont understand. womens football, why should they be paid the same as men.

conference sides get conference pay due to conference side attendances and low sponsorship deals.

premier league sides get premier league pay to high attendances, high tv demand which in turn also creates high value sponsorship deals.

womens football attracts conference or below attendances. its the way the world of business works.

im all for equal pay in normal jobs where either sex can do the same job. why do they think they should get the same for winning the world cup as an example in the latest bbc artictles.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26749 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 20:01:14 »

Actually, that is a good case for why they should get equal pay - they should be paid equally for the level of football they work in, which presumably would be based on the clubs overall finances.

Right now, the average attendances are probably Conference level and the top salary is around 35k, more with sponsorship deals which I doubt players at this level get.  My bet is they are a little under paid in relative terms on that basis, but that is partly down to a salary cap which seems more stringent than the mens game, plus it has been rising so they might catch-up soon.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #26750 on: Monday, October 23, 2017, 20:30:57 »

Actually, that is a good case for why they should get equal pay - they should be paid equally for the level of football they work in, which presumably would be based on the clubs overall finances.

Right now, the average attendances are probably Conference level and the top salary is around 35k, more with sponsorship deals which I doubt players at this level get.  My bet is they are a little under paid in relative terms on that basis, but that is partly down to a salary cap which seems more stringent than the mens game, plus it has been rising so they might catch-up soon.

So your suggesting that the revenue is there but the club's are raking it in and nothing paying them enough?

Average attendances 1100, season tickets cost £30-£40!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 23, 2017, 20:37:48 by singingiiiffy » Logged
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26751 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 01:09:17 »

No, I am suggesting they should be getting paid about the same as a Conference level player in the men's league, and they don't seem far off that level, but the employer can't raise it much with a 40% cap in place.  It seems they are just about getting what they deserve based on level "performance".
Panda Paws

« Reply #26752 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 08:28:44 »

Average turnover of womens side in the PL is not going to be anywhere near that of a conference side.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26753 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:45:17 »

Since when has Halloween been such a big thing over here?

For about 2 months every supermarket has been trying to peddle their wares and repeatedly show Halloween based adverts. I don't remember it being such a big deal, is this a recent thing?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26754 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:50:41 »

Yes, you can probably blame Asda through their owners Walmart.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26755 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 14:53:55 »

Yes, you can probably blame Asda through their owners Walmart.

Of course!

At least it delays the inevitability of the Christmas advert months ahead of the event.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26756 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 15:05:37 »

Samhain. Happy new year on 1st Nov.  Wink
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #26757 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 15:11:29 »

For about 2 months every supermarket has been trying to peddle their wares and repeatedly show Halloween based adverts. I don't remember it being such a big deal, is this a recent thing?

My Mrs loves it and so does my kid. For that reason, I'm all for it. Good excuse to dress up and have a party.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26758 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 15:14:40 »

At least 20 years.
blah blah

Ignore
« Reply #26759 on: Tuesday, October 24, 2017, 15:35:50 »

Hallowe'en is shit. Its not about the fancy dress, it's just an excuse to let your kids go out begging. It can fuck right off back to America.
Pages: 1 ... 1781 1782 1783 [1784] 1785 1786 1787 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: