Pages: 1 ... 1804 1805 1806 [1807] 1808 1809 1810 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5068978 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27090 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 11:00:27 »

As a pedestrian in London that does a reasonable amount of walking, I have found the behaviour of pedestrians, cyclist and drivers appear to be generally quite bad.

It is a minority, but I do find that there are some arrogant cyclists that think they are above waiting for the red light to turn to green. In fact, there is a road I cross where the green man for pedestrians shows and the green filter for the road users to turn right comes on after the green man has completed his task but on more than 1 occasion cyclists come flying right as people are crossing. Also I have noticed that more and more people aren't wearing helmets, which is an absolute recipe for disaster.

Pedestrians can be quite bad also, this morning a women in front of me nearly got run over by a van as she couldn't wait 20 seconds for the green man. And don't get me started on people glued to their phones!! Mindlessly crossing without a thought for what is going on around them. At Waterloo station the amount of people watching films/tv on their phones whilst in amongst a massive huddle of people makes me want to cause hari kari!

Any why do people waiting for a bus have to stand right in the way on the pavement? Why don't they stand either in, or by the side of the bus shelter so as not to get in the way of pedestrians? It does make me smile when getting a bus that I have waited for, for say 10 minutes, and the amount of people who just arrive and think its their god given right to be able to push me out of the way as the desperate rush to get on the bus first and are then offended when my elbows turn into weapons!

Finally, the commuter who almost kill themselves to sprint onto a train where the doors are closing on the Jubilee line. They are every 1 minute!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #27091 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 11:00:59 »

Cloaks should be bought back into fashion.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #27092 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 11:01:22 »

I stopped driving so much when I started working from home 3 years back, going from c.35k miles a year to now about 3k, however when I do drive now the standard of driving on the roads has gone to absolute shit in the last couple of years, no one on motorways seems to have any anticipation or spatial awareness and there seems to be little realisation that if we all work together we will get where we are going quicker and safer!

Then again as people seem to have fuck all courtesy or spatial awareness even on foot these days its hardly surprising!

I spend a good deal of time on the motorways at the minute, and you're right, no fucker can see more than 15 feet in front of their nose. It's the most infuriating thing, especially when you're limited to 56mph (and sometimes less, stupid RM wagons!)

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #27093 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 11:40:45 »

As a pedestrian in London that does a reasonable amount of walking, I have found the behaviour of pedestrians, cyclist and drivers appear to be generally quite bad.

It is a minority, but I do find that there are some arrogant cyclists that think they are above waiting for the red light to turn to green. In fact, there is a road I cross where the green man for pedestrians shows and the green filter for the road users to turn right comes on after the green man has completed his task but on more than 1 occasion cyclists come flying right as people are crossing. Also I have noticed that more and more people aren't wearing helmets, which is an absolute recipe for disaster.

Pedestrians can be quite bad also, this morning a women in front of me nearly got run over by a van as she couldn't wait 20 seconds for the green man. And don't get me started on people glued to their phones!! Mindlessly crossing without a thought for what is going on around them. At Waterloo station the amount of people watching films/tv on their phones whilst in amongst a massive huddle of people makes me want to cause hari kari!

Any why do people waiting for a bus have to stand right in the way on the pavement? Why don't they stand either in, or by the side of the bus shelter so as not to get in the way of pedestrians? It does make me smile when getting a bus that I have waited for, for say 10 minutes, and the amount of people who just arrive and think its their god given right to be able to push me out of the way as the desperate rush to get on the bus first and are then offended when my elbows turn into weapons!

Finally, the commuter who almost kill themselves to sprint onto a train where the doors are closing on the Jubilee line. They are every 1 minute!

Yes
People who don't wait until everyone has got off first before trying to board on the Underground.

Was on a busy Victoria line service the other day and someone barged past me to get off.
I gave them a nudge in return and to my horror when they turned around it was an OAP.
I did feel guilty but then again it doesn't cost anything to say excuse me.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #27094 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 11:47:34 »

Yes
People who don't wait until everyone has got off first before trying to board on the Underground.

Was on a busy Victoria line service the other day and someone barged past me to get off.
I gave them a nudge in return and to my horror when they turned around it was an OAP.
I did feel guilty but then again it doesn't cost anything to say excuse me.

Thanks for that one WB, that grinds my gears also. Same when getting out of a lift, this behaviour also applies. I do use the barge tactic when people try and get on the train as i/we are getting off.

People in London are very rude in general WB, as you say, it costs nothing to be pleasant and polite, but it seems that the vast majority just aren't aware of anyone other than themselves. Like the person who insisted on reading his paper in a jammed tube, the pages constantly hitting me, whilst trying to create space and not get a backpack in my face wherever I turn!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27095 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 11:53:03 »

Why do some people still insist calling toilets cloakrooms?

Who has a fucking cloak?

Of course the Federation eschews the cloaking device... not cricket.

A mate used to wear a cape... sometimes easy to confuse the 2, but a cloak is definitely full length, whereas a cape is short. I think Batman the Caped Crusader causes the confusion.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #27096 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:17:00 »

A mate used to wear a cape... sometimes easy to confuse the 2, but a cloak is definitely full length, whereas a cape is short. I think Batman the Caped Crusader causes the confusion.

It was unusual for Batman to cause confusion, Reg, but then again...

Smiley

Yes, capes are definitely the short ones (except Geoff Capes, who is 6ft 5ins), although I agree that the length of Batman's cape is exceptional.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27097 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:23:11 »

For the older TEFer - did Adam Adamant wear a cape? I can’t remember.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #27098 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:33:32 »

For the older TEFer - did Adam Adamant wear a cape? I can’t remember.

Yes.  I wonder if it's the look that FH is hankering after  Smiley

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27099 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:34:29 »

So, a cape is a short cloak?
Flashheart

« Reply #27100 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:35:23 »

I want something longer

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27101 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:35:40 »

Don’t we all!
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #27102 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 13:36:37 »

So, a cape is a short cloak?

Yes.........unless you're Batman.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27103 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 14:38:46 »

Yes.........unless you're Batman.

I said it was confusing.  Which brings us onto ponchos. I've still got a Nationwide anti Stratton Bank hypothermia plastic poncho somewhere in my rucksack.  I've been saving it for a rainy day.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27104 on: Tuesday, December 19, 2017, 14:41:48 »

Yes.  I wonder if it's the look that FH is hankering after  Smiley

Yet, in the titles he appears to be wearing a cloak

Pages: 1 ... 1804 1805 1806 [1807] 1808 1809 1810 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: