Pages: 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 [1800] 1801 1802 1803 ... 2653   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5036058 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26985 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 15:37:11 »

Smiley  Even worse when they are on the mobile at the same time.
A form of multi tasking I guess.

Oh I also cannot stand how homo sapiens can't appear to be detached from their phones these days. Its only going to be a matter of time before I see someone wander in front of an oncoming motor vehicle as they are ensconced in social media or whatever.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26986 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 15:44:47 »

There was a place in Germany that was experimenting with red/green lights on the floor at the side of the road where people cross, so they knew when it was safe to do so because they noticed people were not looking up at the lights.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #26987 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 15:50:52 »

When you get a letter from your mortgage company telling you your current rate runs out in 3 weeks time. Thanks for the notice guys... I know i should pay more attention but it doesn't exactly give me much time to shop around...

Doesn't help you, but Nationwide gave me three months notice of my rate ending and allowed me to switch to a new cheaper rate with  immediate effect at no penalty.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26988 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 16:16:43 »

Oh I also cannot stand how homo sapiens can't appear to be detached from their phones these days. Its only going to be a matter of time before I see someone wander in front of an oncoming motor vehicle as they are ensconced in social media or whatever.

Of course the risk of them being flattened by the driver on their phone is greater. These days I've noticed whereas people used to keep their phone down while sneakily using it, sort of pretending they weren't, now they don't bother. In many ways that might be better as at least if your head is up while the phone is wrapped to your ear, you are sort of looking at the road.

I guess now that police numbers have been cut by the Tories, people know the likelihood of getting caught and prosecuted is minimal.
Barry Scott

« Reply #26989 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 16:39:04 »

The impatience of the human race.

Continually pressing the lift button when its already been pressed will not make the lift come any quicker! Same goes for the green man button.

I do this incessantly when I’m with my girlfriend. Sometimes in an unrelenting tapping while huffing and puffing in frustration.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #26990 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 17:38:39 »

I do this incessantly when I’m with my girlfriend. Sometimes in an unrelenting tapping while huffing and puffing in frustration.

Subconscious desire to get away.

Don't tie the knot it will all end in tears.  Smiley

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26991 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 17:50:26 »

Of course the risk of them being flattened by the driver on their phone is greater. These days I've noticed whereas people used to keep their phone down while sneakily using it, sort of pretending they weren't, now they don't bother. In many ways that might be better as at least if your head is up while the phone is wrapped to your ear, you are sort of looking at the road.

I guess now that police numbers have been cut by the Tories, people know the likelihood of getting caught and prosecuted is minimal.

This gets 10 times worse when you have wide, straight roads with automatic cars.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #26992 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 20:05:23 »

F*ing head gasket on my Mini JCW needs replacing. Mini quoted £2,200 but most normal garages are quoting around £1,200. Still a decent chunk of money when I'm trying to save for a deposit on my first flat.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26993 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 20:12:52 »

fuck. sorry to hear that goat.

did it just let go? my water pump took mine out many years ago driving home in the dark in a blizzard.

the thing about snow is it's white. the thing about water from the car is it's white... didn't realise until the heating went cold Sad
Barry Scott

« Reply #26994 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 20:17:12 »

Subconscious desire to get away.

Don't tie the knot it will all end in tears.  Smiley

Haha, mainly do it because it makes her laugh or embarrasses her depending on the situation.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #26995 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 20:18:17 »

fuck. sorry to hear that goat.

did it just let go? my water pump took mine out many years ago driving home in the dark in a blizzard.

the thing about snow is it's white. the thing about water from the car is it's white... didn't realise until the heating went cold Sad

Thanks Batch.

Had a shredded belt replaced a few weeks ago (£120) then a cracked coolant pipe (£40, £460 labour for the silly Mini engine logistics) and then the garage that did the cracked pipe looked at it for another week trying to diagnose a bigger problem. They couldn't find it, so we sent it to Mini who've diagnosed the gasket. Got a friend of a friend to look up the reg at Mini and it had the head gasket done in 2014 so I am slightly worried about its future durability knowing that. It's a great car, so fun to drive and hardly anything can keep up with me, but it has cost me a fortune so may have to call it quits and sell.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #26996 on: Thursday, December 7, 2017, 20:29:47 »

Thanks Batch.

Had a shredded belt replaced a few weeks ago (£120) then a cracked coolant pipe (£40, £460 labour for the silly Mini engine logistics) and then the garage that did the cracked pipe looked at it for another week trying to diagnose a bigger problem. They couldn't find it, so we sent it to Mini who've diagnosed the gasket. Got a friend of a friend to look up the reg at Mini and it had the head gasket done in 2014 so I am slightly worried about its future durability knowing that. It's a great car, so fun to drive and hardly anything can keep up with me, but it has cost me a fortune so may have to call it quits and sell.

Built in Cowley Hmmm

Many years ago I replaced a head gasket on a motor I had.  Good fun, the key was the torque wrench, to get the pressure right on the bolts.  Also did a timing chain, don't think it was part of the same job, but for that you need a strobe light to reset the timing.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #26997 on: Friday, December 8, 2017, 10:52:53 »

Car insurance, again Tongue

My car got hit in a car park in May, Old guy with one arm and one eye hit his accelerator instead of the brake pedal... got it sorted through the old guy's insurance, £1300ish for the repair, EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS in hire car costs as the garage repairing it fucked around a lot (Motofix in West Swindon, avoid like the fucking plague), they took a month to 'fix' the damage (still not right, but I wanted my car away from those pricks)

Fast forward to now, and its insurance renewal time... Hastings direct want an extra £200, they knocked it down to an extra 50ish when I rang up, they then quoted me £1200+... Just got a far better deal through Greenlight Insurance. What a piss take, accident wasn't my fault, my car was parked properly, I wasn't in the car, they still try to fuck me over though.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #26998 on: Friday, December 8, 2017, 12:01:34 »

Car insurance, again Tongue

My car got hit in a car park in May, Old guy with one arm and one eye hit his accelerator instead of the brake pedal... got it sorted through the old guy's insurance, £1300ish for the repair, EIGHT THOUSAND POUNDS in hire car costs as the garage repairing it fucked around a lot (Motofix in West Swindon, avoid like the fucking plague), they took a month to 'fix' the damage (still not right, but I wanted my car away from those pricks)

Fast forward to now, and its insurance renewal time... Hastings direct want an extra £200, they knocked it down to an extra 50ish when I rang up, they then quoted me £1200+... Just got a far better deal through Greenlight Insurance. What a piss take, accident wasn't my fault, my car was parked properly, I wasn't in the car, they still try to fuck me over though.

With insurers like Hastings I just cancel and renew via the price comparison sites it always works out cheaper. When they quote renewals it's with the same underwriter rather than shopping around for you. The majority of national brokers do this in my experience.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #26999 on: Friday, December 8, 2017, 13:00:47 »

Count your blessings, my car insurance came DOWN by $170 per MONTH, which is clearly good news, but the fact that is monthly tells you they still have your balls in a vice over here with insurance costs.  My first insurance last year was $380 per month for two new cars, both low/mid value ones.
Pages: 1 ... 1797 1798 1799 [1800] 1801 1802 1803 ... 2653   Go Up
Print
Jump to: