Pages: 1 ... 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5096756 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #23385 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 14:49:38 »

And Courtney's cocks
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #23386 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 15:11:47 »

Nowt wrong with Friends.

I also find myself quoting The Simpsons far more than is probably healthy.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23387 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 15:37:51 »

I won't proclaim to be a big fan of Friends but there are some genuinely great moments within that show which is inevitable within a decade long run.

Friends dated quickly and was repeated to the point that I imagine even the biggest fan of the show probably got sick of it.

It's crazy to think that the 'classic' The Simpsons run ended 19 years ago when season 8 finished. There are great episodes afterwards but, in my opinion, season 8 saw the end of episode-after-episode being a classic (or close to it).
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23388 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 15:48:50 »

I'll admit I'm a Simpsons nerd but I thought it was a fairly well known episode. Anyway I'm not having a go at the guy for not getting it, it's just one of those awkward moments.

It's better than the usual obscure Chris Morris/TMWRNJ quotes I can throw around. It's not smugness, I just watch them way too much and it creeps into my dialect.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #23389 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 09:17:03 »

People who sneeze in public places and make no effort to control the spray.

Rain

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #23390 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 10:44:53 »

The whole Sports Direct issue, made interesting viewing however one thing I don't get is the issue regarding staff searches...

I can only assume that they are searching staff before they leave as staff are nicking things (companies don't tend to employ staff to search colleagues just for the sake of it!) therefore should there not also be some condemnation from the Unions etc that staff seem to think its acceptable to nick things from the employer and direct a degree of ire at them also.

No fan of Ashley but yesterday just seemed an opportunity for various MP's to wave their appendages about and try and show they do something?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23391 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 10:51:46 »

The whole Sports Direct issue, made interesting viewing however one thing I don't get is the issue regarding staff searches...

I can only assume that they are searching staff before they leave as staff are nicking things (companies don't tend to employ staff to search colleagues just for the sake of it!) therefore should there not also be some condemnation from the Unions etc that staff seem to think its acceptable to nick things from the employer and direct a degree of ire at them also.

No fan of Ashley but yesterday just seemed an opportunity for various MP's to wave their appendages about and try and show they do something?

I used to work at Currys, we got searched before leaving every time and nobody had ever nicked anything, just standard policy. I'm sure somebody had nicked something nationally at some point, but it wasn't exactly at epidemic levels, so I imagine it might just be fairly constant in retailing.

It also used to be almost always after we'd officially finished our hours, which is what SD are getting hammered for.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23392 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 10:57:33 »

I used to work at Currys, we got searched before leaving every time and nobody had ever nicked anything, just standard policy. I'm sure somebody had nicked something nationally at some point, but it wasn't exactly at epidemic levels, so I imagine it might just be fairly constant in retailing.

It also used to be almost always after we'd officially finished our hours, which is what SD are getting hammered for.

Ta.

Similarly I am vaguely listening to the BHS evidence today, good grief it sounds like a similar process to when Jed took over Town (clueless idiot ends up with company way too big for him with no money or diligence whilst also being completely outflanked by person considerably more business savy than him!)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, June 8, 2016, 11:07:48 by horlock07 » Logged
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23393 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:14:29 »

Not trivial but Chris Halliwell pleading not guilty to the murder of Becky Godden-Edwards murder.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23394 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:22:38 »

Not trivial but Chris Halliwell pleading not guilty to the murder of Becky Godden-Edwards murder.

I would be intrigued to hear the defence case based upon this, I assume he will claim that someone else told him where the body was buried?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #23395 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:28:52 »

As if her poor mother hasn't gone through enough.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23396 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:31:21 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-36481127

Not sure how this can be imposed if you have commited not been convivted of any crime? WHo does one ring?
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23397 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:33:34 »

I would be intrigued to hear the defence case based upon this, I assume he will claim that someone else told him where the body was buried?
Unfortunatly do to stupid fucking laws they won't even be able to bring that up in court. The only good thing to come of this is that after this it should really shake up the legal system on how to prosecute people who were not cautioned.Sadly i think they are starting to link him to a lot more as well so imagine he is getting off on this. As Tails said it's the family suffering
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #23398 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:40:07 »

Unfortunatly do to stupid fucking laws they won't even be able to bring that up in court. The only good thing to come of this is that after this it should really shake up the legal system on how to prosecute people who were not cautioned.Sadly i think they are starting to link him to a lot more as well so imagine he is getting off on this. As Tails said it's the family suffering

How the fuck have they found a jury that doesn't know the background to the case, it was all over the media for years both the original discovery and the later police misconduct investigation!
Don Rogers Sock

« Reply #23399 on: Thursday, June 9, 2016, 10:59:29 »

Exactly it's a farce isn't it. IIt will just be a formality we all know the outcome but because of pathetic rulings it has to be done
Pages: 1 ... 1557 1558 1559 [1560] 1561 1562 1563 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: