Pages: 1 ... 1548 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 1554 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5105177 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #23250 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 09:16:19 »

I wouldn't be too much of a purist.  Language evolves, and it's the 'kids' that do most of the evolving, as they always have.  Some of new innovations in speech fall away and don't stand the test of time; and some do.  I'm not sure that 'on flames' will last, to be honest.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #23251 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 09:33:31 »

Some of new innovations in speech fall away and don't stand the test of time;
Hopefully the term "Brexit" will follow suit.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #23252 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 09:59:08 »

1. Like lots of ours did against Sheff utd?

2. Come on Barnsley

1) Yes & 2) Yes
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23253 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 10:23:14 »

Go hit by locky last week. I downed the network drives within 20 mins, found the source email and deleted it. Still took 2 days to get the network drives back up and everything safe. If you have the IP report it to the local cyber crime department. They track this stuff.
Terrifying how quickly it encrypts. Three of our clients have been hit this year to varying degrees, fortunately no data loss whatsoever. Office 365 let the attachment fly through their filters without flinching.

One of the attacks was very cleverly targeted - email sent to apply for a job advertised on the company website with CV and covering letter attached.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #23254 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 13:38:21 »

the use of the term "smash it" - a bit like "on flames" - just shows how the English language is being destroyed.
Or anything that's "cheeky".

Sent from my LG-D855

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23255 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 16:48:23 »

Terrifying how quickly it encrypts. Three of our clients have been hit this year to varying degrees, fortunately no data loss whatsoever. Office 365 let the attachment fly through their filters without flinching.

One of the attacks was very cleverly targeted - email sent to apply for a job advertised on the company website with CV and covering letter attached.

My line manager, the business manager, said it was a failure on our side (IT). Not sure how! We put procedures in place which were cost effective. How can you stop it without turning the equipment off?!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #23256 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 20:05:04 »

The new variants of .locky are undetectable and clean themselves up after encrypting data. We pointed 4 different AV vendors* software directly at the infected zip file (containing 4 javascript codes) and none of them detected it.

We actually found the source manually by using Windows audit logging to see which user account the encryption algorithm was running under.

Malwarebytes
Norton
McAfee
Spybot AD

All with bang up to date definitions.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23257 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 20:15:06 »

The prospect of having to attend A&E on a Saturday night  Suicide

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #23258 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 20:39:22 »

The prospect of having to attend A&E on a Saturday night  Suicide

The reality of working for the Ambulance Service on a Saturday night.... yay me..

Hope all is ok.

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #23259 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 20:39:28 »

The new variants of .locky are undetectable and clean themselves up after encrypting data. We pointed 4 different AV vendors* software directly at the infected zip file (containing 4 javascript codes) and none of them detected it.

We actually found the source manually by using Windows audit logging to see which user account the encryption algorithm was running under.

Malwarebytes
Norton
McAfee
Spybot AD

All with bang up to date definitions.

So how do you explain that to a non IT person ie. Joe public

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23260 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 20:48:35 »

The reality of working for the Ambulance Service on a Saturday night.... yay me..

Hope all is ok.

I thought you might have some sympathy! Yes, all fine thanks, iust need stitches I think. Just debating whether I'd rather bleed to death!

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #23261 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 20:52:52 »

I thought you might have some sympathy! Yes, all fine thanks, iust need stitches I think. Just debating whether I'd rather bleed to death!

Don't bleed to death!! You might die!!

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23262 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 21:01:22 »

Don't bleed to death!! You might die!!

Cheesy

It's funny as a I believe "Casualty" is on telly right now, you know, that hospital where about 800 people rush around you if you have any sort of emergency, you get seen immediately by an invariably handsome doctor or nurse and not only will you be cured, they'll sort your personal problems out or reunite you with your long lost dog out while they're at it.

I fear my reality will be more like sitting in a room for hours surrounded by policemen, men on mkat fighting over which woman gave who chlamydia and someone, if not more than one person, being sick on my shoes.

DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #23263 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 21:08:13 »

Cheesy

It's funny as a I believe "Casualty" is on telly right now, you know, that hospital where about 800 people rush around you if you have any sort of emergency, you get seen immediately by an invariably handsome doctor or nurse and not only will you be cured, they'll sort your personal problems out or reunite you with your long lost dog out while they're at it.

I fear my reality will be more like sitting in a room for hours surrounded by policemen, men on mkat fighting over which woman gave who chlamydia and someone, if not more than one person, being sick on my shoes.

Come on Ells, it's not quite that classy.

Don't forget the vagrants tossing eachother off too. How could you forget that?

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #23264 on: Saturday, May 21, 2016, 21:22:19 »

Don't forget the vagrants tossing eachother off too. How could you forget that?

Many, many hours of ECT.. Thanks for bringing it back  No

Pages: 1 ... 1548 1549 1550 [1551] 1552 1553 1554 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: