Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 1182 ... 2661   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5238369 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #17670 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 09:24:44 »

The only way thing like IS and Al-Qaeda are going to disappear is when the Islamic world gets fed up with them and deals with the issue 'internally'. All western states do when they attack is create three or four new insurgents for every one they kill.

Not that we shouldn't be using force against them, but there's only a token of Islamic state involvement. They need to pull their fingers out of their collective arses and do something.
OrangeTransits

Ignore
« Reply #17671 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:34:03 »

But Islam is the Religion of Peace Don't you know ........................

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/quran/023-violence.htm

You'll never take the Townend !!!!!!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #17672 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 10:57:57 »

Our builder suddenly becoming unreliable.

He's done two extensions on our house and we never had any issue.  We wanted a bit of internal work done, so he came round about 6 weeks ago to have a look and give us a price.  Agreed on a price, but then had to chase him constantly to get a start date.  He eventually started yesterday (having only given us a day's notice) and was due back today, but hasn't showed up and has ignored phone calls and a text.

We know he has a job starting on Monday through the council, which has to start on time, so no idea when he'll be coming back to finish here.  Two bedrooms are affected and left in a state, one occupied by my oldest son and the other one needing to be finished and decorated for the baby that's due in December.  Not happy.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17673 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 11:20:20 »

That's shit Jo. Have you handed over any cash?

PS. My son is no longer a goalkeeper Smiley
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #17674 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:10:55 »

Only enough which would cover yesterday's work, so we're not out of pocket.  It's just the being in limbo. My son had to stay at my mum and dad's last night due to the mess and we can't leave it like that indefinitely.

Is your son playing on pitch now?  How is that going?  We're in the process of changing teams.  Our coach has got ultra competitive this season and my son hasn't had much game time, last weekend he didn't even get on the pitch.  It's not worth the monthly fee and giving a Sunday morning up for especially when we've got to travel to Hungerford, Lambourn and other places outside of Swindon.  A couple of other players have already left over it.  I never realised kids football could be so stressful.  I suppose it's a bit like professional football though, not agreeing with some of the decisions the coach makes and wondering why he picks some players constantly?!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17675 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:11:40 »

If there's anything good to come from the IS, it's that finally the media seem to be increasingly reporting on moderate Muslims speaking out against Islamic extremism with the same prominence they used to give to unrepresentative nutjobs like Anjem Choudary. They took their fucking time about it.... but better late than never.
Fixed it for you.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17676 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:13:37 »

We're in the process of changing teams.  Our coach has got ultra competitive this season and my son hasn't had much game time, last weekend he didn't even get on the pitch.  It's not worth the monthly fee and giving a Sunday morning up for especially when we've got to travel to Hungerford, Lambourn and other places outside of Swindon.  A couple of other players have already left over it.  I never realised kids football could be so stressful.  I suppose it's a bit like professional football though, not agreeing with some of the decisions the coach makes and wondering why he picks some players constantly?!
It's not like professional football at all, it's supposed to be about development and while you will often disagree with the coach's decisions (sometimes rightly, sometimes not) if your kid isn't even getting on the pitch that's appalling. I've never yet seen a kid develop on the bench.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17677 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:26:24 »

Is your son playing on pitch now?  How is that going?

I'll let you know tomorrow!

He played for a very competitive team in goal (did the double two consecutive seasons). He was struggling a bit with high balls and a few other aspects, and the coach brought in another keeper over the summer - they were sharing goalie duties equally. Was then told he couldn't be guaranteed any game time a couple of weeks ago so we have moved clubs because as Paul says, you don't get better not playing.

No problem with that really as that's how the team was always run. I know he struggled with some aspects, and I'm also quite sure he could have worked on some of them, and can easily compete technically with the other keeper ( I would say that!). But what he can't do is grow six inches over night. I was rather annoyed at the timing of being told, a few weeks in to the season. But its all amicable and we've had some great times.

That said, had he not played for a team as good as Croft he'd have left looking for outfield football a while ago, nearly did in the summer anyway. So maybe its a positive thing in some respects.

Anyway he has his first game out of goal tomorrow, div 2 for Liden, seems to have done something right in training as they signed him after 1 session. I think he'll initially struggle a bit positionally/for game pace, but he's played out of goal for his school and even got through to the last 36 in the Swindon schoolboys trials playing out. So I'm sure he'll grow into it.

To be honest as long as he enjoys it, improves and doesn't look hopelessly off the pace I'll be happy!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 13:28:11 by Batch » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #17678 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 15:09:23 »

I'm glad you said that Paul, because that was how we felt and pretty much what I said to the coach, he's not going to get anything out of sitting on the sidelines and was really upset after the game last Sunday.  We actually got beaten by Liden in the cup Batch. They won 5-2 having been 2-0 down.  Not sure if it was the Div 2 team, but looked decent.

The team was run relatively fairly last season, there were always a few players who got the majority of most games, but the rest were pretty even.  I was annoyed about it only being stated a couple of weeks ago that there was a chance some players weren't guaranteed game time as well.  We'd paid a £30 reg fee, because the whole team had moved under another club and now I'll have to pay it again for him to register with another team.

jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #17679 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 15:17:59 »

Anyway he has his first game out of goal tomorrow, div 2 for Liden, seems to have done something right in training as they signed him after 1 session. I think he'll initially struggle a bit positionally/for game pace, but he's played out of goal for his school and even got through to the last 36 in the Swindon schoolboys trials playing out. So I'm sure he'll grow into it.

To be honest as long as he enjoys it, improves and doesn't look hopelessly off the pace I'll be happy!
What age is that at Batch as my son plays for Liden u-16's but he is out injured at the moment
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17680 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 15:23:34 »

Liden U11, and yes it was Alex new team jo. Would have said hello had I known.

And yes it was noticed that a player from the opposition didn't get on, I'm sorry it was your son.  Don't blame you one bit for moving.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #17681 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 16:02:23 »

Yes I would have said hello too, although not at the end.  I was too cross when I went round the pitch to get Josh.  I think the Liden management team heard my comments to our coach!

I know a couple of the other boys who play for Liden, Lewis and Yasin.  Josh played with them a couple of years ago when they were all at the Orher Abbey Meads team.  It's a small world!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #17682 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 16:12:32 »

Tell your lad to keep his head up, he'll find a better club and go from strength to strength.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #17683 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 16:16:21 »

Kids football is a minefield, and I am glad that both my boys are settled in teams with a good atmosphere.

My older boy asked to leave Devizes a few years back, as he didn't like the practice sessions where there was always a lot of messing about. He plays for Worton & Cheverell now at under 14's. Good team, good atmosphere amongst the boys and a committed coaching team.

Younger boy dropped out of football for the whole of last season. He was a goalkeeper (a pretty good one, invited so Swindon for pre-season a couple of years back) but has just had enough. He is playing as an outfield player for Devizes B in his age group now and is happy in that no pressure situation.

You come across some absolute pillocks, both as coaches and parents.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17684 on: Saturday, October 4, 2014, 16:17:24 »

Are kids generally guaranteed some game time regardless of ability then?
Pages: 1 ... 1176 1177 1178 [1179] 1180 1181 1182 ... 2661   Go Up
Print
Jump to: