Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trialist Charlie Austin  (Read 71052 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #120 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:21:20 »

I got the impression from the Poole FC forum that they thought he was worth £50k plus, along with add ons and a friendly - they were comparing him to players from the top two tiers of non league going to league clubs for £100k plus add ons.

Unfortunately the reality is somewhat different as they are way down the pyramid, they are at the same level as Fairford, Highworth and Shrivenham. Not sure that scoring a lot of goals at that level means much and it definitely doesn't mean one of their players is worth anything like they seem to be asking for.

I reckon £10k up front and say another £40k in add ons max if he makes the 1st team would be fair.
Seems a reasonable valuation IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #121 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:21:43 »

I got the impression from the Poole FC forum that they thought he was worth £50k plus, along with add ons and a friendly - they were comparing him to players from the top two tiers of non league going to league clubs for £100k plus add ons.

Unfortunately the reality is somewhat different as they are way down the pyramid, they are at the same level as Fairford, Highworth and Shrivenham. Not sure that scoring a lot of goals at that level means much and it definitely doesn't mean one of their players is worth anything like they seem to be asking for.

I reckon £10k up front and say another £40k in add ons max if he makes the 1st team would be fair.

I would have been happy with 15k, a few add ons and a friendly to open our new ground when and if it arrives, would be the only chance I get to watch Town now a days
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:23:14 by stfcinbmth » Logged
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:22:26 »

fuck it, if austin is desperate he will never play for them again.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:23:28 »

I doub't he would have made the grade anyway,and i dont blame fitton for not paying over the odds on a player that's nowhere near proven at blue square level let alone league one.Danny Wilson mentioned he would be one for the future and is not ready for league football,no big loss to us in my book except for the lad himself.

I would rather the money was put towards a proven goal scorer or at least someone who has played some kind of league football,he may of scored for the reserves but so did hamdi razak.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #124 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:25:07 »

fuck it, if austin is desperate he will never play for them again.

Won't do him much good by not playing again for the rest of the season will it?
Touch of sour grapes there by any chance?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:34:22 »

as if i give a fuck about some lad from fucking wroughton or the like?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:35:57 »

I reckon that Poole are probably a bit out of touch with the realities of the Football League. They look at us selling a proven quality and top scoring player for £2m (ie Cox) rather than all the strikers that go for nothing or sub £300k with a proven record of scoring and playing at Football League level (eg Robinson, Corr, Cox, Revell).

You've got to bear in mind the total financial outlay for a player like Austin; the transfer fee, wages for a year or two, training costs, insurance, bonuses and everything else and then weigh that up against the chances of him making the grade in the Football League, which are remote at best.

I feel really sorry for Austin though, his chance at a playing in the big time (for him) and it gets taken away by the greed of his club. I would suggest the Poole board keep the fuck away from him for a while until he cools down.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #127 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:37:31 »

He said the same about you funnily enough Wink
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:38:46 »

Oh come on folks, it's clear and obvious brinksmanship. Poole will settle for a lower offer as it's probably the most money they'll see in a long time and Austin will probably be unhappy, we come back in, get him cheaper and no problem.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #129 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:40:59 »

If he signs for us then brilliant, but if he doesnt I too don't give a fucking shit if I never hear of the bloke again in my life.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:49:14 »

Seems like poole wanted a bidding war to bump the price up. shame as with the correct training who knows.....
Still confident that something will be put together, i'm sure austin will have a big say in what happens.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:51:04 »

Greedy chairman not really understanding the level Poole play at. Some good goalscorers have been sold in League Two for only 100k. Poole should be looking at 10k as a very good bit of business.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:53:38 »

He said the same about you funnily enough Wink

Hi Charlie.

What are you feelings on the transfer breaking down?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:58:26 »

Anything above 15k is simply stupid. He's unproven and that sort of money can keep a club like Poole going for a few years. Total greed on their part.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #134 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 16:59:16 »

Greedy chairman not really understanding the level Poole play at. Some good goalscorers have been sold in League Two for only 100k. Poole should be looking at 10k as a very good bit of business.

The figures quoted here and on Poole's site are just guesstimations so let's not get too carried away, I don't know Poole's valuation and I don't know how much was offered, but I would imagine they are not that far apart
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: