Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trialist Charlie Austin  (Read 71892 times)
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:16:37 »

Yes that is very true.

It is the equivalent of Barcelona putting in a bid for Cox, and us turning it down.

We'd want GBP5,000,000 wouldn't we.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:18:31 »

I'm sure a few Leicester fans did.

Perhaps, none of ours did though. Instead we moaned at how big headed leicester were, and their attitude. This is no different at al

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:23:06 »

Fuck me, it never fails to wind me up...

Cheesy

whats even worse if that those fucking fans think the likes of Lucas, Douglas, Greer & Cuthbert came for free....

although I find it truely amazing we cant afford a non league player.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:29:19 »

Of course we can fucking afford him

I could afford to spend £20 on some bog roll, doesn't mean i would though.

If there chairmen thinks that's how much Austin is worth to that club then fair enough. If we're not willing to spend that much money then thats our problem not theirs.

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #154 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:31:11 »

Unless there is another team in the equation, Poole Town's chairman is denying a young mans dream of professional football which is harsh. We can afford what they want but why should we pay over-the-odds for a Wessex League player?

I doubt they paid anything for his services and last summer one of the only teams that put a bid in was AFC Totton, of course back then it was down to whether the lad wanted to join them or not, none of this price tag nonsense.

As HRH King-o-Tonga said, if he really wants to play for Swindon or any league club he'll beg for it to happen.

The Wessex League is a long way down the football pyramid, he's no major loss but I'd be surprised if this deal was completely dead.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:32:21 »

We'll get him tomorrow, they've just turned down their initial counter offer. There'll be more negotiations..

And then he'll be a massive let down and be playing at Weymouth in two seasons time.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:34:06 »

First offer by all accounts, bound to be miles apart. If i were poole i would be opening with a stupid price, you never know Notts county might double it for them.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:44:13 »

Poole say deal not dead.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/4648299.Poole_insist_Austin_deal_is_not_dead/
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 18:50:38 »

Fuck me, it never fails to wind me up...

Cheesy

Tans you prick.

Can we make a a TEF rule taht one cannot quote actual text from thisis because tans has pissed me off a bit.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:04:26 »

If Charlie is eager to play for us (which I hope and have heard that he is) then I am sure he will persuade the Chairman of Poole to accept our bid.

After all he can refuse to play for them again if he feels he wants to leave.

The ball is in their court, but it does seem like greed on the part of the Poole chairman to me.

The same greed that stopped Leicester buying Cox.....all clubs see things differently...Fitton gets the max for us...fair play to the Poole chairman for trying to get the max for his club.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #160 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:19:10 »

Cheesy Some sensible comments at last. Why should Poole roll over just because we are the non league club,as I'm sure you have said similar about Swindon in the past.

Charlie scores goals for fun, and I would have no hesitation in saying he could go straight into your first team now and improve that poxy goal difference, the strikers you've got are not exactly firing on all cylinders are they? Just a shame he can't play till January. That chance Paynter missed on Saturday, Charlie would have not been caught in two minds and would have buried it.
He's already scored for your reserves against a half decent Swansea outfit, natural goalscorers will score what ever the opposition.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #161 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:25:49 »

What is the fee believed to be turned down?
stfcinbmth

« Reply #162 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:27:42 »

What is the fee believed to be turned down?

No-one knows Cheesy
Rich Pullen

« Reply #163 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:32:23 »

I believe we went old school on them.

A set of floodlight bulbs, a goat, some football carriers and a bag of skittles, or something like that.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:34:41 »

I believe we went old school on them.

A set of floodlight bulbs, a goat, some football carriers and a bag of skittles, or something like that.

That's no good, we got no floodlights
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: