Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trialist Charlie Austin  (Read 71949 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:35:30 »

I believe we went old school on them.

A set of floodlight bulbs, a goat, some football carriers and a bag of skittles, or something like that.

Clearly bollocks...we can't afford floodlight bulbs, the goat however has been the groundsmen's pet since the club lawnmower was repossessed.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, September 24, 2009, 19:37:00 »

I've down some calculations and I can now say with some confidence that Austin is worth £500 tops.

My formula is that a top scoring striker in a league is worth 1/4 of what they would be worth in the next league up. Starting with a Premier League striker being worth £30m, Championship would be £7.5m, League 1 £1.9m, League 2 £500k, Conference £120k and so on until you get to the Poole Town level and £500.
Barry Scott

« Reply #167 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:14:05 »

Tans you prick.

Can we make a a TEF rule taht one cannot quote actual text from thisis because tans has pissed me off a bit.

Completely agree, it pissed me off too. DO NOT INFECT US WITH THISIS SHIT PLEASE TANS! I don't go near the comments on that site because my life is a happier place without that deluded miserable shit.

Leeds paid £50k for Jermaine Bigballs according to my research and Wealdstone were/are the same level are they not? Perhaps this is why Poole are dragging their heels.
Barry Scott

« Reply #168 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:19:50 »

For the record, I love Fitton and his steadfast dealings. I also like the fact that Charlie is a Swindon boy, which seems a bit cool.

Quote from: Daily Echo
CHARLIE Austin’s dream move to hometown club Swindon Town last night appeared to be...
Highland Robin

« Reply #169 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:36:22 »

Having just come of This is.. site, its a relief to find some people here talking sense.  Wot a load of rubbish is written over there.  Seems to me (for wot its worth) after lots of looking at trialists over the summer and equal number of rejections, DW has seen something in Austin that is worth pursuing - as was seen in Marshall last year, who arguably was worth a go, and may yet come good from many reports.  But Austin cannot be shown to be worth any old sum that Poole pull out of the hat.  So AF has to have a limit to the risk he is willing to take.  As someone on This is said, none of us have any idea what either side is offering or how big the gap is.  Nor, I suspect, have more than a handful of people seen Austin play.  Soo....it will be disappointing for those of us who imagine he might be the great saviour if he doesn't come, but AF and DW have clearly worked successfully together to get in good players over the summer.  We just have to trust them to continue that collaboration in this case...
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:37:54 »

Having just come of This is.. site, its a relief to find some people here talking sense.  Wot a load of rubbish is written over there.  Seems to me (for wot its worth) after lots of looking at trialists over the summer and equal number of rejections, DW has seen something in Austin that is worth pursuing - as was seen in Marshall last year, who arguably was worth a go, and may yet come good from many reports.  But Austin cannot be shown to be worth any old sum that Poole pull out of the hat.  So AF has to have a limit to the risk he is willing to take.  As someone on This is said, none of us have any idea what either side is offering or how big the gap is.  Nor, I suspect, have more than a handful of people seen Austin play.  Soo....it will be disappointing for those of us who imagine he might be the great saviour if he doesn't come, but AF and DW have clearly worked successfully together to get in good players over the summer.  We just have to trust them to continue that collaboration in this case...

Welcome.........................and good post
Rich Pullen

« Reply #171 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:49:48 »

RE: Jermanie Beckford's standard of football when when he was playing for Wealdstone and Charlie Austin's current situation.

When Beckford was playing for Wealdstone they were a very mediocre Isthmian Premier League side. Leeds signed him for a massive (but now justified) £45,000 - Beckford was in high demand and many clubs (ourselves included) would have never risked that much on a level 7 player in a poor side.

As mentioned, Wealdstone were a Level 7 team within the Football Pyramid. Poole Town are in Level 9. Although they might be a better standard (possibly), Poole are currently within the same level as teams from the Western League Premier Division -  Bishop Sutton, Brislington, Bristol Manor Farm, Calne Town, Corsham Town, Dawlish Town, Longwell Green Sports, Melksham Town, Sherborne Town to name but a few.

We paid £10,000 for Charlie Griffin from (then) Western Premier League side Chippenham Town in 1999. To be honest despite the 10 year gap, I wouldn't pay much more - give them a friendly and a % and they should be happy.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 25, 2009, 07:53:14 by Rich Pullen » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 08:04:53 »

Agree with Rich.  It's good that we're taking a chance once in a while but, in truth, the chances of Austin ultimately succeeding 6 divisions higher up than he is currently playing are slim.  The price should reflect that.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #173 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 08:08:01 »

Do a dragon's den type deal where we pay something like 20k up front with add ons yet if he does not make the grade then they pay us back some.

Heard the other day on a side note that the fee offered from Norwich for macca was 50k,if thats the case i would imagine that we have a valid point for going into other clubs with low bids.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 08:09:05 »

From the Poole site:

Before rumours run wild and indeed STFC web-site inform you all, I can tell you after our Board meeting last night, and many Phone calls back and fore, between Chairman and Chairman, late last night we arrived at an agreement that suits both clubs, subject to his passing a medical and agreeing personal terms, Charlie will today sign for Swindon Town FC, the contents of the deal will remain confidential, but suffice to say both sides are happy and more importantly Charlie has his dream move, best of luck to him, I hope he always remembers Poole Town and what we did for his career, as I am sure we will all remember him, and his outstanding contribution to our club, good luck mate you will always be welcome back at the Tatnum.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 08:15:57 »

for no valid reason or common sense from now on im going to hate poole town more than oxford
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #176 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 08:55:16 »

ooooo, I'm always up for bandwagon jumping!

WE 'ATE POOLE TOWN AND WE 'ATE POOLE TOWN
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 09:01:22 »

I'm going to buck the trend, and make them my fav non league team now.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 09:42:47 »

good luck to him and hope he works out.

ralph can now have his name printed on his town shirt and when he leaves it wont look out of place  Smiley

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #179 on: Friday, September 25, 2009, 10:17:01 »

Austin 3:16!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: