Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question and debate with Ironside  (Read 42786 times)
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 13:33:22 »

ok, but does that go for the other way round? there is 750,000 british citizens now living in Spain alone, should they have to come home?

For fuck's sake.
That would be matter for the Spanish government quite obviously.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Talk Talk

« Reply #271 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 13:38:53 »

Some political parties don't actually believe in "big government" like the LibLabCon, so yes its exactly fucking relevant.

This is true. For example the UK Libertarian party, who are campaigning for a minarchist state (the state is only there for national defence and the police/law and order). They aim for zero income tax/duty/NI and no VAT, just a local sales tax to fund defence and law and order. They don't unfortunately stand a chance of getting into power for the same reasons I gave about the BNP with respect to the lablibcon.

It's a fine idea to aim for low taxes. However, it is somewhat akin to the proposition that if I were a slave owner and fifty years ago I was allowed to beat my slaves once a week but now the accepted situation was that I can beat them once a day you could campaign for going back to the once a week situation. But the slaves are still getting beaten.

The reality is that taxes and governments never get smaller, they always grow to the point that they go bust and collapse. The Greeks, the Romans, the Egyptians, the Ottoman Empire, the Soviet Union and so on. Have you ever heard of a national debt getting smaller? The same laws of bankruptcy apply to states as they do to individuals like you and me. It is inevitable and the west will be next. This global financial crisis is the first major indicator that it is not far away now.

Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 13:41:04 »

Exatly right Alan and I'm actually quite keen on their (Libertarian) approach to civil liberties too.

Edit: Funninly enough, you mention them. Devil's Kitchen has an interesting post up on his blog.  I don't agree with all his opinions but he does raise some interesting points.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 13:49:00 by Ironside » Logged

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 15:19:27 »

I don't think there is complacency when it is not a credible outcome.
If I find two rats under my garden shed, it's also not a credible outcome that they would completely overrun my house. However between two rats and a whole nest of the fuckers which will eventually intrude into my house, if not overrun it (because I'll get the exterminators out by then) they can cause a lot of damage and nuisance. So I choose to deal with them when there's just the two. If you want to wait until they're running round your lounge, that's your choice. But that's what I'd call complacent - vermin are best culled early before they cause too many problems
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 15:21:26 »

I also PM'd the righteous one to see if he would like to answer any of my questions when I saw him posting earlier this morning.
As far as I'm aware, you've only asked me one question, on how I voted at the last election. Which I've answered: none of your business
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 16:05:43 »

What's your opinion of this oh righteous one:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7943556.stm

Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 16:21:02 »

As far as I'm aware, you've only asked me one question, on how I voted at the last election. Which I've answered: none of your business

Come on righteous one, if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear right?  You're oh so vocal when someone else is being discussed but silent when asked yourself. Hmmm, maybe you do have something to hide?

Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 16:28:03 »

I got a joke about two pakistanis going off a bridge in a bmw and the police said it was a shame as its a nice car and actually had 3 spare seats. I laughed a bit, am i racist?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 16:56:23 »

If I find two rats under my garden shed, it's also not a credible outcome that they would completely overrun my house. However between two rats and a whole nest of the fuckers which will eventually intrude into my house, if not overrun it (because I'll get the exterminators out by then) they can cause a lot of damage and nuisance. So I choose to deal with them when there's just the two. If you want to wait until they're running round your lounge, that's your choice. But that's what I'd call complacent - vermin are best culled early before they cause too many problems
We live in a democracy and if enough people want to vote BNP, Raving Loony Party or Simon Cowell in then they will get in. Regarding people who diometrically oppose your own views as vermin makes you no better than those you oppose. Dismissing their views makes you appear arrogant and assuming the mantle of saving us from ourselves because you know better than anyone else.
I've listend to Ironside's views and opinions and I don't share them. It is very easy to understand, however, that people are increasingly fucked off at the perceived unfairness where the system appears to favour minority groups and middle England is overlooked. People are looking for someone to stand up to them and the mainstream parties are frightened to even raise debates in case they are perceived as racist, homophobic etc.
Thne challenge is not call them vermin and absuse and shout them down at every opportunity - most people left that behind in the playground. It is to understand what they stand for and win the argument. 
Talk Talk

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:03:20 »

i completely agree with you CS.

Calling people vermin who have the free will to join whatever party they choose and to hold whatever opinions they think right is akin to being a Nazi in my book.

What are you going to do with all of the BNP members then Paul? Gas them?
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:05:10 by Talk Talk » Logged
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:18:27 »

I wonder if there is a greater level of sponging off the state from British born people? I bet there is.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:21:24 »

I will add a caveat in that it is perfectly OK to call Scummers and Margaret Thatcher vermin - I know the latter contradicts what I said earlier and is hypocritical.  
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:48:51 »

Pauld - "I'm right I'm right" shout shout shout "Left wing left wing good good, right wing bad bad bad"

Pauld you haven't come out of this very well. You are in need of a spin doctor. Anyone got max cliffords number?
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 17:51:12 by Gazza's Fat Mate » Logged

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 18:04:08 »

Max is a bit busy at the moment
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, March 15, 2009, 18:05:19 »