Pages: 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 1469 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8973405 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21975 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 17:51:20 »

Actually with loans that's not really the case, they tend to become available much later (often after the season has started).

I don't have the stats to back it up but it feels like some of our better loan signings came in August or later.
I think you are right on this Posh.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #21976 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 18:29:18 »

Did we not sign Ajose late on as well? Think he went on to do ok for us
Flashheart

« Reply #21977 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 18:30:32 »

We didn't sign Ajose until September.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21978 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 18:30:44 »

Did we not sign Ajose late on as well? Think he went on to do ok for us
And Cox and Parkin both signed a day or two before the start of the season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #21979 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 18:47:50 »

Beautyman is playing for Oldham tonight
newmarket red
, ; . ' ?

Thrives on negativity.

Ignore
« Reply #21980 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 18:58:26 »

Beautyman is playing for Oldham tonight
obviously couldnt afford his mega wages then.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21981 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 19:01:08 »

Good point about matering enough as been following town since 1971 and not far off the 92 club away grounds so i dont take it lightly. Just wondered if anyone else carred or are concerned, The longer things go the less decent players are available and less time to fit into the squad and get used to playing the system and getting to work as a unit. Last years squad was very light and we could often not fill the  bench and thats with being lucky with injuries.

You are right, that Ajose lad was was terrible.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #21982 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 20:41:46 »

Good point about matering enough as been following town since 1971 and not far off the 92 club away grounds so i dont take it lightly. Just wondered if anyone else carred or are concerned, The longer things go the less decent players are available and less time to fit into the squad and get used to playing the system and getting to work as a unit. Last years squad was very light and we could often not fill the  bench and thats with being lucky with injuries.
Nah, nobody on here cares about STFC. That's why we're all still posting on this forum after a decade.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #21983 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 20:58:08 »

We didn't sign Ajose until September.

Using that rationale we should only sign players in November....piss the league!!

Clems Army!
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #21984 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 22:57:23 »

Have fun in Bassett. You are going to be very disappointed.
He won't be.  He'll have a great time.  I did the same for season 15/16 and I did.  First time in 39 years I've not seen a Town game and I didn't miss it.  Not once.  On the other hand I saw nearly 40 games home and away in the Western League - entry for a fiver, friendly clubs and good football.

I know at least 5 Town regulars who have done the same - fed up with the yo-yo, hand-to-mouth bullshit and a succession of opaque/dishonest/in-it-for-the-dosh owners.

Doesn't mean I'm not still interested in Town results, or reading the abject BS that is posted on here...
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21985 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 00:25:29 »

Then just go and enjoy, stop asking us to bang the nails in a bit harder ffs.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21986 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 06:17:24 »

I did a couple of seasons watching Western League football for circumstance more than disdain towards Swindon (and the ownership of STFC was far, far worse back then). I still don't understand how we were seemgingly more lenient on previous regimes compared to how cynical/critical we to Power.

I enjoyed the prices, the friendliness, the high scores, the ability to go to more games but there was just one key issue and that was the matches being largely woeful.

That was a deal breaker for me. Say what you want about lower football league play but it's always a miles easier on the eye than Non-League.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21987 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 06:40:11 »

Keshi Anderson (via Adver, via Power, so no doubt raised several days so in this thread somewhere).
--
more lenient on previous regimes? have to disagree there. if diamond Mike did half the stuff Power does there'd have been pitch forks and lynchings.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21988 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 07:10:25 »

He won't be.  He'll have a great time.  I did the same for season 15/16 and I did.  First time in 39 years I've not seen a Town game and I didn't miss it.  Not once.  On the other hand I saw nearly 40 games home and away in the Western League - entry for a fiver, friendly clubs and good football.

I know at least 5 Town regulars who have done the same - fed up with the yo-yo, hand-to-mouth bullshit and a succession of opaque/dishonest/in-it-for-the-dosh owners.

Doesn't mean I'm not still interested in Town results, or reading the abject BS that is posted on here...

Yeah season after season of crap part time football is the way to go.

And before you asked I used to watch Ciren on a semi regular basis. Its fun at first but the novelty soon wears out when Big Dave the plumber is at CB every week and cant kick the ball straight.

Oh and non league owners are still in it for the money, too.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #21989 on: Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 09:08:27 »

Yeah season after season of crap part time football is the way to go.

And before you asked I used to watch Ciren on a semi regular basis. Its fun at first but the novelty soon wears out when Big Dave the plumber is at CB every week and cant kick the ball straight.

Oh and non league owners are still in it for the money, too.

Like I said...you'll always get abject BS on here and here's a prime example.

In 40+ games I never saw anyone who can't kick the ball straight, not sure if any are plumbers...they are all skilled players but at Tier 9 in the League structure, so of a similar standard.  They'll never make Tier 3 at Town but to dismiss it as 'crap' is just fucking petulant

Where's your evidence that owners/Chairmen at Tier 9 are in it for the money?  Presumably your 80% bollocks quotient?  With only 4 clubs averaging over 100 per game in the WL, I can't see a lot of it sloshing around.  Our Chairman certainly hasn't flogged the catering rights - and the food is better than the CG!
Pages: 1 ... 1463 1464 1465 [1466] 1467 1468 1469 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: