Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 1466 ... 4006   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9197874 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #21930 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:04:11 »

Also teams like Coventry who have about 8 players and haven't signed anyone I can see, gonna be some odd looking squads come 6th August
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #21931 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:11:05 »

Interesting to see people on the Adver site salivating dribbling over Port Vale's approach to life. 

Corrected for you.   Smiley

Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21932 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:15:39 »

Also teams like Coventry who have about 8 players and haven't signed anyone I can see, gonna be some odd looking squads come 6th August

Coventry have a big squad already. Oldham were the team seemingly struggling at one point. They have more players than Town now but they definitely have a ragtag bunch of misfits look to them.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #21933 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:16:58 »

I'd be very surprised if we dont have 4 loanees come the end of the window to bolster the squad. Depending on their quality, we could have a rather decent 11
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21934 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:43:37 »

From Reg this is almost a tip for promotion...  Cheesy

The last time I tipped us for promotion from Div 3, was in the pre internet days of 95/96.  Then we'd found ourselves back in Div 3 in classic Town fashion, by finishing 4th bottom, in one of the only 2 seasons that you'd go, due to restructuring Div 2 numbers.

So we weren't that bad, having got to 20 odd mins from Wembley in the LC.  We retained most of that squad, with numbers who'd played in the Prem, and bought The Chief for half a mill, an ideal Div 3 frontman, added to this we had Peter Thorne, who'd shown he knew the way to goal.  Alison/Thorne would be about as good as it gets in Div 3.

Unsurprisingly we won the league and lost 4 games all season.

Wigan were a bit like that last season, didn't start too bright, but everyone said they'd win the league just because they could buy a Will Grigg. The good thing about Div 3 is that such sides are a rarity which gives most a chance....there are a few this season who think they're too big for this league....Bolton, Sheff U, Charlton....Oxford
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #21935 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:54:48 »

Reg do you think Sheff Utd still believe they're to big for this league or have excepted this is their current norm?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21936 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 11:59:14 »

there are a few this season who think they're too big for this league....Bolton, Sheff U, Charlton....Oxford
Add to that MKDongs who's fans seem to have a massive over estimation of thier own teams ability and size as do Bury, Bristol Rovers, Bradford, Millwall, Coventry, Northampton and Peterborough fans.

There is no doubt Bolton, Charlton, Sheff Utd and possibly Coventry probably are THE big clubs in this league but Coventry and Sheff Utd have a history of underachievement at this level lately.

Charlton have spent well so far so should be the side to beat and IMO there is a good chance that Bolton will stagnate as Bradford and Coventry have in this league with their lack of investment and current transfer embargo (which could be lifted soon).

Its a very open league this season and it would only take a couple of signings to put us certainly in the top half of the league if not press on for a play off push again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21937 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:12:06 »

Reg do you think Sheff Utd still believe they're to big for this league or have excepted this is their current norm?

If I was a Blade, rubbing shoulders with a regular largest crowd in the Div, I'd tend to think we should be putting that advantage to greater use. Therefore, I would expect to go up at some point.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21938 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:16:29 »

If I was a Blade, rubbing shoulders with a regular largest crowd in the Div, I'd tend to think we should be putting that advantage to greater use. Therefore, I would expect to go up at some point.
If you read their forums then yes they do still think they are far and away the biggest team in this league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #21939 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:18:33 »

Sam Foley tweets a picture from sunny Burslem. I think that's probably put that one to bed.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21940 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:19:09 »

Its a very open league this season and it would only take a couple of signings to put us certainly in the top half of the league if not press on for a play off push again.

I've not been paying too much attention, so who do you think will be the strugglers?

Panda Paws

« Reply #21941 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:30:47 »

I've not been paying too much attention, so who do you think will be the strugglers?

AFC Wimbledon, Oldham, Fleetwood, Bury, Shrews...
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21942 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:33:53 »

I'm not sure the Shrews will struggle so much this season - last season there was something wrong within the dressing room - they have made one or two decent signings.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21943 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:40:49 »

Oldham are a bit like Cov used to be in the old Div1 early Prem years....somehow manage to find a way to hang about. About time they went. Dons, I'm not so sure, they've got that spirit in the club, and a massive hinterland of players to draw on.

Bury, should be skint again by now so yes.  Fleetwood, seem a well run club, but wouldn't be a surprise to see them struggle, and Shrews area a bit yo-yo.   So encouraging...
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21944 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:45:02 »

Shrewsbury have made some decent signings. I can see Walsall and Vale struggling
Pages: 1 ... 1460 1461 1462 [1463] 1464 1465 1466 ... 4006   Go Up
Print
Jump to: