Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 1467 ... 4009   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9202766 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #21945 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 12:46:48 »

Shrewsbury have made some decent signings. I can see Walsall and Vale struggling

Top six Vale? Vale bolstered by Prem calibre signings (but only if the club want them)... No chance...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36796259

Doomed. Every noise coming out that club right wold concern me if I was a Vale fan. Sounds a lot like some of the shit we've heard before.
ferret

Ignore
« Reply #21946 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:02:39 »

The last time I tipped us for promotion from Div 3, was in the pre internet days of 95/96.  Then we'd found ourselves back in Div 3 in classic Town fashion, by finishing 4th bottom, in one of the only 2 seasons that you'd go, due to restructuring Div 2 numbers.

So we weren't that bad, having got to 20 odd mins from Wembley in the LC.  We retained most of that squad, with numbers who'd played in the Prem, and bought The Chief for half a mill, an ideal Div 3 frontman, added to this we had Peter Thorne, who'd shown he knew the way to goal.  Alison/Thorne would be about as good as it gets in Div 3.

Unsurprisingly we won the league and lost 4 games all season.

Wigan were a bit like that last season, didn't start too bright, but everyone said they'd win the league just because they could buy a Will Grigg. The good thing about Div 3 is that such sides are a rarity which gives most a chance....there are a few this season who think they're too big for this league....Bolton, Sheff U, Charlton....Oxford

Ah yes of course you did.

How have your STFC predictions turned out over the last 5 seasons?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #21947 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:09:52 »

AFC Wimbledon, Oldham, Fleetwood, Bury, Shrews...
Bolton, Oldham, Fleetwood, Bury, Wimbledon, Shrewsbury, Rochdale, Northampton, Port Vale any 4 of those 9.

I think if Bolton have their embargo ended they could be high mid table.

Oldham...seem to be in a bit of crisis with owner problems currently, lots of ex Scots Prem players...that rarely works at this level.

Fleetwood....overacheivers but have not made enough good new signings to pull them up higher.

AFCW....one of the promoted teams always seems to struggle, I feel it will be them.

Bury...struggling financially with massive overspending last season, looks like they are offloading some high earners with 5 new signings that could also spell the end for the Leon Clarke being next offloaded.

Shrewsbury...financial problems meant cutting the wage bill after promotion the previous season, made 1 solid signing in El-Abd but not good enough in any of their other areas IMO.

Rochdale....good solid team but have lost several players and have not brought quality in to replace them.

Northampton...new manager and a couple of new signings, lost thier best player and have not bought the players their fans wanted, did well last season under Wilder but he was the driving force.

Port Vale...mental owner, new manager, tons of new players from around the globe...could take too long to gel into a working unit.

Walsall....without Bradshaws goals they will struggle this year but will be just good enough to stay up IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #21948 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:27:46 »

Unsurprisingly, FGR are interested in Hylton
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #21949 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:36:20 »

Walsall haven't just lost Bradshaw...

They've lost Lalkovic, Sawyers, Demetriou, Forde, Mantom, Taylor, Cook, Hiwula (who was a loan tbf) too... They've lost pretty much their whole team. Rico Henry is also rumoured to be on his way.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21950 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:40:31 »

Walsall haven't just lost Bradshaw...

They've lost Lalkovic, Sawyers, Demetriou, Forde, Mantom, Taylor, Cook, Hiwula (who was a loan tbf) too... They've lost pretty much their whole team. Rico Henry is also rumoured to be on his way.
They have signed Simeon Jackson, Frank Moussa, Erhun Oztumer, Jason McCarthy, Joe Edwards and Florent Cuvelier who are all handy at this level though.

Panda Paws

« Reply #21951 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:44:10 »

They have signed Simeon Jackson, Frank Moussa, Erhun Oztumer, Jason McCarthy, Joe Edwards and Florent Cuvelier who are all handy at this level though.

Most of those were released from fellow L1 clubs - I'd be fearful if I was a Saddler. Unproven manager too.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21952 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 13:52:45 »

Most of those were released from fellow L1 clubs - I'd be fearful if I was a Saddler. Unproven manager too.
Oh I agree but all of them are at least L1 standard, as for the manager....thats more of an issue, he did well at academy level but its a big step up to 1st team management, a 3 year contract for an inexperienced man seems a long one.

ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21953 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 14:18:28 »

Oh I agree but all of them are at least L1 standard, as for the manager....thats more of an issue, he did well at academy level but its a big step up to 1st team management, a 3 year contract for an inexperienced man seems a long one.
That was why we gave an inexperienced manager a 5 year contract then!!
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #21954 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 14:20:38 »

I'd throw Chesterfield into the mix of teams who could well struggle. A lot of their fans not approving of the way the club is being run.

Apparently the latest drama is that the club ran a competition to send a couple of fans to Hungary with the team for their pre season tour; after announcing the winner they weren't seen at all and turns out the whole thing was fabricated.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #21955 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 14:32:11 »

Ah yes of course you did.

How have your STFC predictions turned out over the last 5 seasons?

Clap

Fuck knows; you're the expert on my thoughts so drag up a few old posts and lets see.

Maybe, but as I said earlier lose this and the alarm bells are ringing, which they most definitely now are.

Talk of sacking Cooper is frankly ridiculous, this was always going to be a difficult campaign, where getting to 52 is the target and hopefully see some of the players develop, and as such patience is required.

Here's one from early doors last season....now to me with the benefit of hindsight that looks a reasonable assessment.

We'd just lost at home to ColU, who were clearly a very poor outfit, did they concede a 100 goals in the end? Must have come close.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 14:49:07 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #21956 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 14:43:11 »

Top six Vale? Vale bolstered by Prem calibre signings (but only if the club want them)... No chance...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36796259

Doomed. Every noise coming out that club right wold concern me if I was a Vale fan. Sounds a lot like some of the shit we've heard before.

Fuck me, he sounds like a right cock
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21957 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 15:11:06 »

Clap

Fuck knows; you're the expert on my thoughts so drag up a few old posts and lets see.

Here's one from early doors last season....now to me with the benefit of hindsight that looks a reasonable assessment.

We'd just lost at home to ColU, who were clearly a very poor outfit, did they concede a 100 goals in the end? Must have come close.

Did we have a thread on who we thought would go up and down last season?

I can't remember and can't find it in search.

Just wondered who got closest and who was furthest away with pre season predictions.

Panda Paws

« Reply #21958 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 15:13:24 »

Did we have a thread on who we thought would go up and down last season?

I can't remember and can't find it in search.

Just wondered who got closest and who was furthest away with pre season predictions.

If not, let's do one...

Promoted, Relegated, Town position...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21959 on: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 15:20:02 »

If not, let's do one...

Promoted, Relegated, Town position...
Probably best to start a new thread for this then.

Pages: 1 ... 1461 1462 1463 [1464] 1465 1466 1467 ... 4009   Go Up
Print
Jump to: