Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 2736 [2737] 2738 2739 2740 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9126877 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41040 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 12:59:11 »

‘The acquisition of Masterson may see the departure of up to four Town defenders, with Mathieu Baudry, Jonathan Grounds, Paul Caddis and Tom Broadbent the likely candidates.’

No pressure Conor, but you're replacing four lads with nearly a thousand league appearances between them.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #41041 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:09:50 »

No pressure Conor, but you're replacing four lads with nearly a thousand league appearances between them.
Think Caddis would be the only real loss but even he's only half the player he was since his legs started to go.  Would be happy to see him stay in maybe a coaching role.  No big loss with the others IMO.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41042 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:10:43 »

Yep. From the star studded quill of the Adver
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #41043 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:18:51 »

If we can get forwards and midfielders in to the same ilk as the GK and defence we will stay up.

Despite all the frustration of the season, you can't say that we aren't at least trying to give ourselves a chance.

Next Summer is going be huge for us, as with the exception of 3 or 4 players the whole squad has to be overhauled.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #41044 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:19:38 »

‘The acquisition of Masterson may see the departure of up to four Town defenders, with Mathieu Baudry, Jonathan Grounds, Paul Caddis and Tom Broadbent the likely candidates.’

Would be sad to see Caddis and Broadbent leave. Both can offer a lot I think.

Grounds and Baudry happy to see the back of if anyone is willing to take them. I doubt even Wellens would be keen to take them even if he had a desperate need for 2 CB's!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #41045 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:22:17 »

If we can get forwards and midfielders in to the same ilk as the GK and defence we will stay up.

Despite all the frustration of the season, you can't say that we aren't at least trying to give ourselves a chance.

Next Summer is going be huge for us, as with the exception of 3 or 4 players the whole squad has to be overhauled.

Agreed and I think looking at the current squad,if no contracts are renewed we will have only 6 players under contract at the club come the end of the season.Big overhaul indeed!
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:24:32 by Lethbridge70 » Logged
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #41046 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:25:39 »

Baudry is contracted until 2022 so you'd expect Grounds and Broadbent to be more logical but I doubt Swindon will be paying players to leave so you're possibly not shifting any due to current fitness.

Caddis will be at risk and I imagine that would be the case regardless of form (although it probably makes decisions easier).
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #41047 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:29:49 »

Travers
Freeman.   Conroy.    Masterson.   Thompson
                   M Smith.   Lyden
Palmer.                Twine             DJ
                            T Smith

That would be my starting 11 for Saturday with squad as it stands.

Could look to bring on J Smith for M Smith around the 60/65 mark if we need  a goal, Palmer moves inside (due to loan rule). Freeman/Thompson both like to get forward with DJ/J Smith cutting inside, T Smith has more pace/fitness than Pitman to harass and get in behind on the counter.

Impressed with the signings so far, interesting to see if we have another coming in at 1700.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #41048 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:33:50 »

Seems to be the same every season to be honest with the model that the chairman likes to run

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #41049 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:45:15 »

Travers
Freeman.   Conroy.    Masterson.   Thompson
                   M Smith.   Lyden
Palmer.                Twine             DJ
                            T Smith

That would be my starting 11 for Saturday with squad as it stands.

Could look to bring on J Smith for M Smith around the 60/65 mark if we need  a goal, Palmer moves inside (due to loan rule). Freeman/Thompson both like to get forward with DJ/J Smith cutting inside, T Smith has more pace/fitness than Pitman to harass and get in behind on the counter.

Impressed with the signings so far, interesting to see if we have another coming in at 1700.

Its 5 loans in a match day squad, not the 11. J Smith cant be on the bench with this line up.
HorlocksLegs

Ignore
« Reply #41050 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:50:42 »

He comes across well in the interview and can also play at CDM

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41051 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 13:54:26 »

Its 5 loans in a match day squad, not the 11. J Smith cant be on the bench with this line up.
Not so. This season you could have 7 loans on the bench if you wanted. Only allowed 5 on the pitch at any one time, though.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #41052 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 14:07:36 »

Not so. This season you could have 7 loans on the bench if you wanted. Only allowed 5 on the pitch at any one time, though.

My apologies then. Hadn't realised we could do that.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41053 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 14:14:16 »

No need to apologise. Covid has seen a few rule changes many are not aware of. It was news to me until yesterday!
REDBUCK

« Reply #41054 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 14:18:53 »

He comes across well in the interview and can also play at CDM

Nobody warned him about the rumours of player unrest and bid to get rid of the manager then, seems genuine happy to join and get game time.

Pages: 1 ... 2734 2735 2736 [2737] 2738 2739 2740 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: