Pages: 1 ... 2732 2733 2734 [2735] 2736 2737 2738 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8979564 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41010 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:42:35 »

If he doesn’t rate DJ, then he’s just plain stupid.

It will be a huge error if we don’t help this kid realise his potential and make money from it.
We won't release him but DJ is less than happy at being bollocked constantly all game by Sheridan, its probably Sheridans way of nurturing young talent but with DJ he needs an arm put around him like Wellens did and not just be critical of his errors in games which seems "Shez's way".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41011 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:44:12 »

So he doesnt like the whole squad then?

Im sure the feelings are mutual
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #41012 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:44:59 »

I understand that Tyler expects to be returned to Sheff Utd as Sheridan doesn't rate him.

FWIW Sheridan doesn't rate Pitman and DJ as well, hes not keen on Baudry, Fryers, Conroy, Hunt, Caddis, and Grant this season is turning into the Sheridan show on who he upsets most.

I for one would not allow Sheridan, a part time custodian who will be gone in the summer to make these decisions.

However, he is probably not wrong about most. With the exception of DJ, a fit Fryers (which never happens), maybe Conroy and Hunt, then he is correct.

DJ has suffered so much this season from the team make up. Last year he was basically the free player, the luxury. We had Yates, Doughty, Grant, Woolery, Doyle all working their bollocks off and DJ revelled in the space in the middle. We have lacked the same team ethic around him this season and he has been shunted all over the place.

Panda Paws

« Reply #41013 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:47:42 »

The more I think about it, the more I find it baffling in this modern era that managers like shez still exist. The constant bollocking, negativity and generally being a prick surely doesn't work for anyone does it?

20 years ago maybe some players reacted well to a rocket. Now? Can't see it. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the senior lot, in particular, tell him to fuck off and start working to get him out.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #41014 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:50:41 »

The more I think about it, the more I find it baffling in this modern era that managers like shez still exist. The constant bollocking, negativity and generally being a prick surely doesn't work for anyone does it?

20 years ago maybe some players reacted well to a rocket. Now? Can't see it. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the senior lot, in particular, tell him to fuck off and start working to get him out.

Roy Keane is a prime example who nobody wants

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41015 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:51:27 »

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the senior lot, in particular, tell him to fuck off and start working to get him out.

We can hope.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41016 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:53:15 »

Wouldn't be surprised if some of the senior lot, in particular, tell him to fuck off and start working to get him out.
I have a feeling its already started.

Panda Paws

« Reply #41017 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 10:56:32 »

The thing is, we're only 2 points off safety with favourable home fixture list from Feb onwards. Get him out by the end of the month, and we've got a chance. This squad, and the business we're doing, is capable of staying up.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41018 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:01:45 »

Agree PP, actually look at the starting XI and bar Pitman I would say that they are all very capable League One players. Sign a striker, get a manager in who treats the players with respect and we'd have a chance.
Flashheart

« Reply #41019 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:03:48 »

Hopefully there'll be a change in ownership next month, at which point you'd think Sheridan will be removed - if it doesn't happen sooner.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41020 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:06:33 »

Quote from: Panda Paws

I think it's like it always was, some players need a rollocking, some an arm.

There are ways and means to do both.

Not that this negates anything you said. I agree, constant stick is only going to end one way
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41021 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:13:25 »

With the right leadership and respect from the players we are easily capable of reaching mid table this season, with a toxic atmosphere though we are easily capable of hitting rock bottom.

Lee Power will not accept that especially with the club actively seeking a new owner effectively lowering the value of the club.

Big decisions for Power, stick with a man in charge who obviously doesn't want to be here, only works part time, doesn't know the players names or best positions, has only won 3 games from the 13 fixtures and lost 8 of them with us only scoring 16 goals but conceding  26 goals.

Or get in someone who is willing to put in the time and effort to make a go of it, playing to the players strengths which is pace and passing and not long hoofs to a target man who struggles to win balls and hoping for knock downs.

We have gone from some truly great attacking passing and pressing football under Wellens to ineffective sitting back and hitting teams on the break relying on long balls to a striker not built for purpose.

For me the last straw was defending and actually praising Currans performance and openingly criticising Conroy and Fryers by name, trying the smokescreen tactics saying that he was right any everyone else was wrong.

After Ipswich I praised him and the team, which I felt they deserved, but on the pitch Saturday I felt we looked rudderless and although 2nd half was way brighter we still seemed to not know the best way to play with little direction from Sheridan and weird use of subs.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #41022 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:21:56 »

Hit the nail on the head there.

Weird use of subs has been another negative aspect of Sheridan's tenure. Can think of 3 bizarre examples:
- The lack of using all 5 subs during busy stages in the season (remember Crewe away when we looked knackered)
- Only bringing on 1 sub against Ipswich in the 92nd minute (when every other club would be using multiple subs to waste time)
- Not including a keeper on the bench so that Odimayo could be on the bench. Then not bringing Odimayo on.

The whole thing stinks of a) a manager who doesn't care or b) a manager who has no clue of what he is doing
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:24:28 by JoeMezz » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41023 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:27:32 »

For me theres only one, do we have another? if we do why is he injured all the time? Smiley

On Masterson from QPR fans...

Not sure I'd take this one too seriously:

A decent move if it happens. They ship a few goals but are in a relatively comfortable league position. He should get a bit of game time. Seems a nice bloke who is happy at the club. Fingers crossed that it works well for him and us.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41024 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2021, 11:31:23 »

Hit the nail on the head there.

Weird use of subs has been another negative aspect of Sheridan's tenure. Can think of 3 bizarre examples:
- The lack of using all 5 subs during busy stages in the season (remember Crewe away when we looked knackered)
- Only bringing on 1 sub against Ipswich in the 92nd minute (when every other club would be using multiple subs to waste time)
- Not including a keeper on the bench so that Odimayo could be on the bench. Then not bringing Odimayo on.

The whole thing stinks of a) a manager who doesn't care or b) a manager who has no clue of what he is doing
Don't disagree with you but if I was playing devil's advocate, I'd counter with Broadbent at Oxford. Which was also bizarre but worked really well. I'm not sure what my point is tbh Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 2732 2733 2734 [2735] 2736 2737 2738 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: