Pages: 1 ... 2737 2738 2739 [2740] 2741 2742 2743 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8961455 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41085 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 10:12:17 »

I certainly don't think his speed of thought has gone anywhere, as was previously suggested. To me he looks a yard quicker than most in his pass (going forward).

Yes his leg speed might be slowing, and yes he's made errors (but who hasn't)

And after the initial slow start I though he was one of out most consistent players for a period.

But listening to his interview, he clearly thinks his standards of play is below where he wants it to be.

This, from the limited games I have seen (and highlights) he deems to have lost a bit in defence but still seems energetic and threatening going forward, might be an option on right side of midfield if we don't play an out and out winger.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #41086 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 10:48:46 »

The PDC league 2 season, Caddis was just brilliant. How lucky we were to have him and Ritchie down the right hand side in that league. It allowed the revolving door of some pretty average players to come and go around them (PDC's recruitment the next season was superb though).

Last year, Caddis was really consistent and a master of the dark arts which helped us close out a lot of games, but it was clear his athleticism was massively on the wane.

This year, he's been off the pace. Not anymore so than anyone else at the back but just hasn't looked L1 level anymore. I look back to Gills away when we tried him in centre mid and laugh - he made Anthony Grant look like the player he was last season (if that makes sense) in comparison.
I'd still prefer Caddis at RB to Odimayo who in my opinion is a liability, but it's been odd that Hunt has had so little of a go at right back when he was very good there last year before Caddy came back. Hopefully Freeman gets up to speed soon.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #41087 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 10:52:27 »

The PDC league 2 season, Caddis was just brilliant.

He was incredible that year. What a partnership.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #41088 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:40:54 »

The Caddis thing amuses me as at the start of the season it was met with mostly a thigh slap and a 'that's our Cads' but now we're not very good it's 'YOU'VE LET US DOWN!'

Granted that even if this is something done his whole career there comes a point where the body doesn't allow you to get away with it so much any more but I personally don't think his loss of form is down to pre-season weight but it's an easy thing to criticise him for.

Despite his poor form (form he acknowledges as the worst of his career), he keeps plugging away when called upon which is admirable considering he is arguably in the most precarious position as far as his Town career is concerned but he hasn't downed tools or hid behind a slight injury etc. which some could/would/probably have. For those of us looking in, this is probably at his detriment but he'll keep trying because of who he is.
I just think it is such a shame the way he came back pre season and has been playing catch up. I will always be grateful but based on this year he has been poor. I would like to think though i have not singled him out and called out anyone who has been poor i suppose,with him though because of the history just makes it a bit harder doesn't it
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #41089 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:43:18 »

I just think it is such a shame the way he came back pre season and has been playing catch up. I will always be grateful but based on this year he has been poor. I would like to think though i have not singled him out and called out anyone who has been poor i suppose,with him though because of the history just makes it a bit harder doesn't it
For me he looks like his heart isn't in it this year for whatever reasons, fitness, health, injuries etc.

He has still shown some glimpses of the Caddis of old (even last season) but in the main he has been inconsistant and looking quite unfit.

Great player, great servant to the club in 2 spells, will always go down as a more recent history Town great.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #41090 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:47:48 »

He looks like a mid 30s ageing winger being asked to play at full back. Still fine going forward but a yard off and never certain of his position defensively

Which makes little sense considering Caddis is actually a full back by trade...
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #41091 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:55:23 »

Always thought the positioning he had was his strength.  Not a tall bloke he could always be relied on to cut out attacks that took advantage of his height by using cross field balls to try and catch him out by using intelligent positioning.

I thought with his brain he would still be able to complete in this league, but maybe he's being found out a bit at the moment.

Never knowingly overstated.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #41092 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:57:40 »

He’s not assertive defensively, which means he’s slow to react in situations and is being caught out on too many occasions. Whether that’s the effects of age on reflex’s and concentration, low on confidence or a combination of the two I’m not sure, but the outcome is the same regardless

Given his family are still settled in Scotland I believe, it can’t be a particularly easy or enjoyable experience being a lower league footballer in his shoes at the minute

Things get better but they never get good
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41093 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 11:59:55 »

Given his family are still settled in Scotland I believe, it can’t be a particularly easy or enjoyable experience being a lower league footballer in his shoes at the minute
He has openly stated he misses his family in Glasgow, I think that has a lot to do with it especially with Covid restrictions in place.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41094 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 12:00:10 »

He looks like a mid 30s ageing winger being asked to play at full back. Still fine going forward but a yard off and never certain of his position defensively

Which makes little sense considering Caddis is actually a full back by trade...

Yeah this is fair. He's sort of turned into John Paul McGovern, which is a bit of a strange one. It might just be a question of the tactical role he's being asked to play, but it's certainly unusual for an ageing full back to get more attacking...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41095 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 12:05:00 »

Yeah this is fair. He's sort of turned into John Paul McGovern, which is a bit of a strange one. It might just be a question of the tactical role he's being asked to play, but it's certainly unusual for an ageing full back to get more attacking...
Perhaps he will get a new lease of life when Freeman comes in at RB allowing him to be used in a more attacking role.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41096 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 13:01:18 »

Does who has been playing in front of him have some bearing on it, if the right hand side of midfield is a bit flaky he will often have two players coming at him with little protection.

As for his age he is 32, hardly ancient.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #41097 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 13:03:05 »

Ellis Simms,who has been mentioned on here, has joined Blackpool on loan.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #41098 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 13:03:45 »

Does who has been playing in front of him have some bearing on it, if the right hand side of midfield is a bit flaky he will often have two players coming at him with little protection.

As for his age he is 32, hardly ancient.

I agree that 32 isn't ancient in football terms but how has he actually been looking after his body realistically? It appears that in the post season he lets himself go a bit, perhaps a few too many Jam Sandwiches and pints of Tennants. I know he does work hard to get into shape during the season, but surely his body has to work harder, hence why he currently looks quite a bit older than 32 in my eyes.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41099 on: Wednesday, January 20, 2021, 13:06:46 »

Ellis Simms,who has been mentioned on here, has joined Blackpool on loan.
He looks to be what we need, big target man who knows where the net is. Hopefully Blackpool will ruin him as they did with Woodburn.

Pages: 1 ... 2737 2738 2739 [2740] 2741 2742 2743 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: