Pages: 1 ... 2281 2282 2283 [2284] 2285 2286 2287 ... 3982   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 9126782 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34245 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:32:19 »

Right then, our two strikers have gone back to their parent clubs. Assuming they don’t come back who do we realistically have upfront on Saturday?

Twine up front with Woolery on the left and DJ on the right?

Were we contributing to Yates' wages? As FH has stated I am sure we've made plans for this eventuality and surely we'll have at least 2 new players in before Saturday?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #34246 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:32:21 »

The silver lining to this is that it's happening now, and not this time next week.  There is time to address the problem.

Power likes to keep his powder dry.  He'll have plans.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #34247 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:34:18 »

Yates going back says to me "Mr Power make us a transfer offer for Yates and you can have him back" cash in while Yates has good value. I don't think they have recalled him to play him but to make money on the player.

We will now see how serious Power is about getting us promoted if he digs deep and gets decent replacements.

My guess would be Bennett to come in on loan now.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34248 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:35:26 »

Twine up front with Woolery on the left and DJ on the right?

Were we contributing to Yates' wages? As FH has stated I am sure we've made plans for this eventuality and surely we'll have at least 2 new players in before Saturday?

Which was where my next comment was going to go.
Flashheart

« Reply #34249 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:35:50 »

I get your optimism mate but fans have a right to be worried. We said that after Doyle and it is nearly 3 weeks later. As you will be aware i have backed Power for a long time but this January has been no different to any other and i dread that his let's see who isn't wanted in the last week of January method does not royally fuck us over. This will have a knock on effect if he is not supported by Power why will Wellens stick around. Crucial 9 days ahead

The window is not closed yet mate, and it seems this came as a surprise to them.

Optimism? It is just a reality that we are able to sign more players - that much is a fact despite how some are behaving. We don't know yet the quality of the (somewhat inevitable) replacements, granted. But, considering recruitment so far, it's reasonable to think their replacements are likely to be decent at least.

Their replacements may well turn out to be shite, but nobody knows that yet. Let's at least wait until the window closes before freaking out? Surely that's reasonable?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #34250 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:35:58 »

Yates going back says to me "Mr Power make us a transfer offer for Yates and you can have him back" cash in while Yates has good value. I don't think they have recalled him to play him but to make money on the player.

We will now see how serious Power is about getting us promoted if he digs deep and gets decent replacements.

It screams to me more that another team have bid for his services.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #34251 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:37:02 »

The window is not closed yet mate, and it seems this came as a surprise to them.

Optimism? It is just a reality that we are able to sign more players - that much is a fact despite how some are behaving. We don't know yet the quality of the (somewhat inevitable) replacements, granted. But, considering recruitment so far, it's reasonable to think their replacements are likely to be decent at least.

Their replacements may well turn out to be shite, but nobody knows that yet. Let's at least wait until the window closes until freaking out? Surely that's reasonable?
No i totally get it but i think fans here have a right to freak out and be concerned.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #34252 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:37:47 »

What odds on them both being permanent town players by the end of the week? Or next week.
Flashheart

« Reply #34253 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:38:39 »

No i totally get it but i think fans here have a right to freak out and be concerned.

Of course they do. Did I say otherwise?

In the meantime, I and others have a right to voice our opinions as well Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #34254 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:38:52 »

It does seem odd as from what I have been reading at Rotherham they have loads of strikers on the books.

Another possible option could be that clubs have been looking to buy Yates and he could have been recalled ahead of a sale somewhere?

Time will tell and we may have to keep calm and be patient here.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #34255 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:39:28 »

What odds on them both being permanent town players by the end of the week? Or next week.

Could we afford Yates as he is unlikley to come as cheaply as Doyle?

In Wllens and Jewell we thrust....
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #34256 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:39:53 »

Bradford performing the ultimate act of shithousery by trying to get Yates and Doyle to re-create the magic?
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #34257 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:40:49 »

If that is the case, then we need to put a bid in quick. We must be his preferred choice of destination at the moment
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #34258 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:42:15 »

Buggering shit.

Over to you, Mr Jewell.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #34259 on: Wednesday, January 22, 2020, 11:42:33 »

The problem is now this has already created a huge negative ripple amongst the fan base. Where the County Ground has been a positive place recently, it won't be on Saturday and I imagine the fans will turn sour if we go behind.

Big week for Wellens, Power, Jewell etc.
Pages: 1 ... 2281 2282 2283 [2284] 2285 2286 2287 ... 3982   Go Up
Print
Jump to: