Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Ling  (Read 31670 times)
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 23:45:34 »

Mega Load...

What planet are you current on ?

Surely this proves my point, its either the air or the water... soapy tit wank
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 23:47:56 »

Not quite sure if I've mentioned that he won 5 of his 9 games but if that constitutes a disaster then fuck knows what we were experiencing during the last 10 or 12 games of Cooper's reign.

These are my thoughts.

Didn't take to Cooper the manager by default......Ling went for the job fair and square...

First choice? Maybe not.

Make a difference....hell yes.

I wasnt confident we would win every game but I did have belief and hope and I think the players showed that too.

Need to dust ourselves down.

It's never dull at the Swindon but this season can fuck off already.

Clems Army!
Mega load

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 23:58:48 »

Mega Load...

What planet are you current on ?

Surely this proves my point, its either the air or the water... soapy tit wank

Please explain why?

On my planet the will to help a decent man and a club legend get back on his feet should be thoroughly considered, and publicly showing that in football and in society we should help those with mental health illness is the right way forward. Sometimes the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 00:14:01 »

Please explain why?

On my planet the will to help a decent man and a club legend get back on his feet should be thoroughly considered, and publicly showing that in football and in society we should help those with mental health illness is the right way forward. Sometimes the needs of the few outweigh the needs of the many.

There's nothing to say that the man will never be involved with STFC again. It's not like we sacked him.
Fans have shown him support and I believe will continue to do so.

We have to be aware here we're just speculating, but the early nature of his resignation says to me he is thinking preventatively, and much respect to him for that. If that's true, what he needs is support and medical help, which I'm sure he's getting from both his family/friends and the relevant professionals respectively.

We can wave as many banners as we want but those are the only things that will truly support his recovery at this moment in time.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Mega load

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 00:27:18 »

There's nothing to say that the man will never be involved with STFC again. It's not like we sacked him.
Fans have shown him support and I believe will continue to do so.

We have to be aware here we're just speculating, but the early nature of his resignation says to me he is thinking preventatively, and much respect to him for that. If that's true, what he needs is support and medical help, which I'm sure he's getting from both his family/friends and the relevant professionals respectively.

We can wave as many banners as we want but those are the only things that will truly support his recovery at this moment in time.

I can't and don't believe that if he was healthy and well then he would want to give up his job, and thereof take the view his position should be left open for him until he is well enough to return, IMO the fact he has had the job a month rather then a year make no difference.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 01:11:37 »

I can't and don't believe that if he was healthy and well then he would want to give up his job, and thereof take the view his position should be left open for him until he is well enough to return, IMO the fact he has had the job a month rather then a year make no difference.

I didn't say he was healthy and well, I said he was perhaps thinking preventatively - none of us know.
But what I do know is no one said he shouldn't be able to return.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 06:22:38 »

Who was mega load, and have they stropped off?

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 07:11:10 »

Which cunt always deletes his account when someone argues with him?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:19:21 »

Was round a friend's last night, so blissfully unaware of Ling's departure until the Adver has just come through the door.

What a bloody shame for himself and the club. 
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:20:43 »

Well it's hardly an unbridled success is it? Enlighten me. How am I wrong?

So because it's not a success, it's a disaster? It's not that black and white.

Ok two of your points...

1. It'll all end in tears

2. It's a disaster

Both wrong. If we'd lost all 9 games and Ling had blown his head off then yeah, that'd be a bit shit. As it happens, we're a lot better off than before he got here and the guy has taken a step to improve his mental health. It's not ideal for us, but by no means a disaster. The set up here means that continuity is almost certain (whether that's a good or a bad thing remains to be seen). Was it a risk to employ someone in such a high pressured job with a history of mental illness? Probably, I don't think anyone would deny it was. Unfortunately for us it seems he's relapsed, which means the risk didn't really pay off, but at least we enjoyed a good run of wins while he was here, and at least the guy can get some help.

But hey, if you want to use a nice bloke with a serious health conditions relapse as some sort of dick waving "I told you so" then be my guest but don't get tetchy when people say you're a cunt.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:29:49 »

Was round a friend's last night, so blissfully unaware of Ling's departure until the Adver has just come through the door.

What a bloody shame for himself and the club. 

I'm amazed people still get the Adver delivered...

Flashheart

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:31:02 »

Who was mega load, and have they stropped off?

Fuck knows, he deleted his account himself. He seems a special kind of special.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:45:23 »

I'm amazed people still get the Adver delivered...

I like to keep up with the exciting day to day news around Swindon.  If I cancelled delivery, I'd forget to look online daily and might miss something vital  Wink
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:54:49 by joteddyred » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:48:06 »

Well this was a pleasant read.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:51:10 »

It's a strange thing to say but I just hope that it is the depression rearing its head again and taking note of the sudden timing not something more sinister with his health.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: