Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Ling  (Read 31303 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Friday, January 1, 2016, 14:55:31 »

brief statement:

The decision that I took to stand down from the position as Manager of Swindon Town was not taken lightly. 

The club and its supporters have always been very special to me and I would never do anything to jeopardise this relationship but I know that my decision was the right one for me, my family and the club that I love. 

I would like to thank Lee Power, the players, staff and supporters of Swindon Town for all the support that they have shown me and I wish them every success for the future. 
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Friday, January 1, 2016, 15:07:46 »

...and that was that.

Good luck, Lingy.

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Friday, January 1, 2016, 15:14:45 »

Well that cleared that one up then....
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Friday, January 1, 2016, 17:16:46 »

Well that cleared that one up then....
Powers latest interview says a bit more, Ling recognised he was relapsing and "the demons were back" so made the call.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Friday, January 1, 2016, 18:14:28 »

It wasn't the floodlight talk (although Reg can be depressing at any time!) it was the nichname that Flash tried to give him - bloody Flash!!
v

I confirm that I will not be resigning!

You fuckwits will just have to click the ignore button....

Clems Army!
Flashheart

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:44:03 »

Can some kind soul please do me a favour and copy/paste the bit about him in the Mail today. It's blocked out here.

Cheers, me dears.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:48:08 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3833314/Martin-Ling-interview-pal-stopped-leaping-rail-track-stopped-jumping-road.html

Martin Ling knew over lunch. He knew, as he glared at a plate of untouched food, that it was coming back and that's when the fear started.

'What if it's like last time?' he thought. 'Oh s***, why now? Oh f***, what if it's like last time?'

He was sitting with the coach he had brought to Swindon Town, Ross Embleton, and the club's director of football, Seamus Brady. It was November 24, 2015, and the three of them had decided to get something to eat before the League One match against Walsall that night.

But Ling, suddenly, had no appetite. And after what he had been through, he knew this was one of the signs. Panic rippled through him.

He'd only been in the job three weeks, given an opportunity he didn't think would come again, and now this. But it might be nothing, he told himself. 'It might not be that b****** coming back.' Best to focus on Walsall, he reasoned, and that night Swindon won 2-1 for their second victory in three games.

They had been in desperate trouble when Ling arrived on November 3 and now were climbing. But Ling felt nothing but indifference.

'Another sign,' he thought. 'Why aren't you happy? S***. This isn't good.' He walked the corridors of the County Ground that night and several others in the next two weeks, spotting pictures of himself as a player he had never noticed before.

He was part of the Swindon team who reached the Premier League and he played when they got there. This was his club, where the door to one of the bars is covered in his image — the laughing winger in Swindon's most successful side.

It was the club that had given him his return to management after the horrific pain and stigma of his mental breakdown at Torquay in 2013. That episode, with those five weeks in the Priory and the 'barbaric' electroshock treatments, might have ended his time in management. But Swindon chairman Lee Power looked past that for one of their own.

DAILY MAIL KEEPS CRASHING IE ON CRAPPY WORK COMPUTER.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:52:02 by Batch » Logged
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:51:27 »

Can some kind soul please do me a favour and copy/paste the bit about him in the Mail today. It's blocked out here.

Cheers, me dears.

PM'd it to you..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 11:52:20 »

Thank you.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 15:51:13 »

Interesting and sad reading, pity we cannot accommodate him somewhere within the club if he is looking to get back part time, even if its just in the academy or something - but only if its right for him obviously?
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 15:54:32 »

All the best, Linger.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, October 12, 2016, 21:17:16 »

Thanks for the paste. It's got to be a good thing he can recognise his triggers and what not. Though I wish he hadn't said that about ECT!

Stay strong lingy.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: