Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Martin Ling  (Read 31450 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 09:51:56 »

Still no statement from the club then?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:22:32 »

Patience. You have to get things right in sensitive situations.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:26:10 »

Yes, you're always quick to make these half-baked, tentative predictions, worded in a non-committal way. Of course, you're very selective about the ones that you dredge up and re-quote weeks or months down the line.

I suppose all the carefully worded predictions of impending doom will remain in the archives, owing to the fact that we've finished no lower than 8th in the last 4 seasons. In 2013 you were still on about relegation in mid March.

Fair play for taking the time to read my stuff...feel free to becoming my unofficial stalker and call to account my thoughts, I'm not always right.

In the instance quoted the poster asked a direct question to which I gave a direct answer, of course at the time it seemed a ridiculous notion that the manager would be gone so soon, however it happened.

Your other reference would be to 2014, when I suggested that we needed to avoid a McMahon style end of season slump, having only won 2 of the previous 13, up to the Wolves home game. The management brought in Jack Stephens putting Darren Ward out to grass which suggests they took a similar view.

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:44:49 »

I'm amazed people still get the Adver delivered...
I'm amazed people buy it at all.

Regarding megaloads point that the job should be left open then I disagree. Didn't Torquay keep it open for a while only to then need a replacement ?
Football isn't like other jobs where you can leave the managerial role on hold. Just impossible to do.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:47:42 by Arriba » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 11:36:34 »

It would be nice to think that the club would welcome Ling back in some sort of capacity when he feels ready to get back to work as it can be beneficial to recovering from depression.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 12:50:50 »

The way I initially read the announcement was that he was resigning as first team manager and that it could be that he isn't necessarily leaving the club completely. I could just be reading too much into it, but the full club statement should clear it up.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 15:02:05 »

Sad news, best wishes Lingy
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 15:39:40 »

And the dogs abuse I got for saying this appointment would be a disaster....
Do you still think it was a disaster?
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 16:56:36 »

Statement from Lee Power:

Swindon Town Chairman, Lee Power has released the following statement regarding the departure of Martin Ling:

Martin rang me yesterday morning to let me know that he was resigning as manager. I was both shocked and extremely saddened but fully respected his decision.

In a very short period of time, Martin has done an excellent job by winning five of his eight league games in charge and moving us out of and away from the League 1 relegation zone. Martin has proved that he is still a very good football manager but sometimes in life, things are far more important than football and Martin felt that the stresses of the job were not good for his health going forward.

With his previous health issues, he felt that staying in the job was a risk he could not take for the sake of his family. Everyone at Swindon Town fully respects his decision and he will always be welcome back at the County Ground.

I have not spent as much time with Martin as I would have liked during his time in charge nor have I had the opportunity to nurture and develop a working relationship with him as I have been out of the country for most of his tenure. However, I would like to place on record my personal thanks to Martin. He is a football man through and through and is a very honest, hard-working man who loves Swindon Town Football Club. I saw Martin this morning and he asked me to thank his staff, the players and the supporters for their backing during his time at the club.

In the short term, Luke Williams will be in charge of the first team starting with Saturday’s game at Port Vale. The search for a new permanent manager has already begun and I hope to have the new man in place as soon as possible.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Combe Down

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 18:48:08 »

Can we all look at ourselves in the mirror please. Are there any comments in this (or any other) forum you belong to, which might have contributed to the situation?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 19:02:56 »

What the holy fuck? What's bought that comment out?
Flashheart

« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 19:06:20 »

What the holy fuck? What's bought that comment out?

Dunno. I'm tempted to move it without informing him by PM.
Honest Lee

We are going up ! (sometime)

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 19:14:31 »

Can we all look at ourselves in the mirror please. Are there any comments in this (or any other) forum you belong to, which might have contributed to the situation?

Get a life FFS

The only thing that ever matters is to love and to be loved.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 19:23:47 »

I don't get it?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 19:29:07 »

IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: