Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper  (Read 73667 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 19:46:47 »

Who actually said he was the new Hoddle, though?  I think someone might have said we have been playing football that reminded them of Hoddle's team - albeit for just a handful of games - but not the 'new Hoddle'.  There's no need to polarise like that.

It may all go wrong, but bringing in a new manager is just as risky.

I very much agree with this.  It's very early days but, at the very least, Mark has done enough to earn the chance to prove himself, surely?
kerry red

« Reply #61 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 19:48:07 »

it's down to relief.

Pre-season almost everyone had us down as relegation favourites, getting stuffed every game.

Now, albeit after only 3 games, we've seen possibilities.

Not just the possibility of avoiding relegation but surviving easily enough and even having a chance of better than that

In short, these 3 games have given us, the fans, hope where there was none.
DRS

« Reply #62 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 19:50:47 »

it's down to relief.

Pre-season almost everyone had us down as relegation favourites, getting stuffed every game.

Now, albeit after only 3 games, we've seen possibilities.

Not just the possibility of avoiding relegation but surviving easily enough and even having a chance of better than that

In short, these 3 games have given us, the fans, hope where there was none.
Not everyone.Some of us thought some of these players may be quite decent
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 20:00:16 »

If we reproduced results so far we would finish with 69 points.....and win the League Cup.  Would settle for that.

Way, way too early to judge Cooperman by results or even performances.  I'd like to know how he was planning for the rest of the season with August and September behind him. 

However, if there was going to be an outstanding candidate who was prepared to come here, I just think we may have found him by now.

Cooperman may have as good an understanding as anyone as to what the club is trying to achieve and how on the player side and what the club is looking for in a Head Coach/Manager thingummy, having worked closely with KMac.  If this is a bit of a lottery then I would certainly wish Cooper success.

seems a guy deserving of another chance in the FL and I'd love to see him succeed.  Cooper
Flashheart

« Reply #64 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 20:04:35 »

Not everyone.Some of us thought some of these players may be quite decent

Or at least willing to see what they are made off before writing them off!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 21:03:06 »

Who actually said he was the new Hoddle, though?  I think someone might have said we have been playing football that reminded them of Hoddle's team - albeit for just a handful of games - but not the 'new Hoddle'.  There's no need to polarise like that.

I very much agree with this.  It's very early days but, at the very least, Mark has done enough to earn the chance to prove himself, surely?

Nobody has said best since Hoddle, as in Manager.  I've mentioned that it is the most attractive effort at total football since that time.  It is way to early to say whether it will be a success or not.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 21:13:58 »

I'll admit I am surprised and relieved we seem competitive 'out the box' so to speak. Long may it continue.

Cooper hasn't done a lot wrong, its early days of course.

My reason for being guarded on giving him the job right away other than it being a bit soon is that a) we don't know who else is available b) we don't know what our business model (player recruitment policy) will be once costs are where they.

If the answer to a) is the usual suspects, or b) is same as this year where the manager (allegedly) has little say in matters then go ahead and appoint him.

If someone 'special' is available that isn't available too often, or if we return to the more traditional model of the manager bringing in players then I think we should think about it a bit more. A more established/successful manager can (arguably) attract players during times of trouble that Cooper may not.

But a  someone kind of said, you could employ Alex Ferguson and not be guaranteed success.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, August 12, 2013, 21:49:53 »

Cooperman

Cooperman

No No No
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 00:16:44 »

I've never been against giving him the job, having seen what we are trying to do I'm now keen for him to get the job.

Aside from the actual football style, which I think we can make work, we need to let any targets know who will be in charge for them to have confidence that the move is right for them.  The majority of our previous signings have either been told to come here by spurs or were in need of a club so couldn't afford to be too picky.  I think we've been lucky with the quality we have signed in these regards but the next signing, the much coveted lone striker willing to play in league one and give 100%, is going to be considering other options.

You may argue that whoever gets the 'job' won't be a manager, merely a head coach, but he'll be the man in charge day to day.

As for the style, I'm inclined to liken us to Brighton when they won the division, serious possession football. A few fans were against it at first but soon caught on when they realised it was working.  I'm not saying we're as good as they were but you get my point I'm sure.  We're bound to get this style with whoever else is in change as they'll be told this is how it is but I'll take my chances on Cooper as he's shown enough for me to trust him to do the job.

As an aside, I love the look of Mason, if he can stay fit then I think whoever the new striker is could profit greatly from his range of passing, what with Louongo charging forward and, hopefully, Pritchard getting up to speed I think we can score goals once we're settled down with a new striker.  We look ok at the back, Ward is the most important player in the squad for me so it's vital he doesn't get injured, we'd be rudderless down shit creek without him.
kerry red

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 06:30:59 »

I'm a great believer in players/managers just being the right fit for a specific club at a specific time.

They may well have been useless somewhere else or go on to be useless somewhere else.

I just feel Cooper is the right man at this specific time.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 06:31:39 »

I'm a great believer in players/managers just being the right fit for a specific club at a specific time.

They may well have been useless somewhere else or go on to be useless somewhere else.

I agree completely with the above.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 06:45:55 »

I agree completely with the above.
Where as I completely agree. But let's not fall out about it.

It's All Good..............
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:32:33 »

So you agree with my idea that Cooper will get the job, because he's around, cheap and a yes man.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 08:54:06 »

I'd put it as, Cooper believes in the style that the board want this club to become known for, he has the trust, belief and support of the players and maybe this is his chance to prove some of the doubters (especially those from Posh) wrong.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, August 13, 2013, 09:08:00 »

I'd put it as, Cooper believes in the style that the board want this club to become known for, he has the trust, belief and support of the players and maybe this is his chance to prove some of the doubters (especially those from Posh) wrong.

Do we know Cooper "believes" in possession football?  Wasn't one of the criticisms of his time at Posh that he was a direct football man?  Did Kettering knock it around Barca style, in the Conference?  I don't know.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: