Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper  (Read 72604 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:33:22 »

Still not sure myself. Is he capable of delivering a promotion winning campaign? Surely the board would have appointed him in the first place if he was that credible a candidate.

I will support him of course, but would give him a few more matches before offering anything more long term. The way some of our fans were wanking themselves into a frenzy after beating Torquay was ridiculous.

I think Ardiles has it about right above really.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 12:03:11 »

I'm his mum....

whats your favourite cheese!?

Clems Army!
kerry red

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 12:38:34 »

Nob
fatbasher

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 12:59:53 »

You see, i'm a little disapointed here. I wrongly as it turned expected someone else to pick up on this aka spartacus style and say, no I'm his mum etc etc. But no, you let me down.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 18:56:23 »

I've posted elsewhere, that I think appointing Cooper would be mistake...if as appears he's picking up the job on the basis of being around, cheap and a yes man.

The Board should lay out a set of criteria for the job, and seek the best man...one would assume fairly high up this list would be the coaching credentials of being able to display excellence for a sustained period at a decent level with young players, an abilty to be able to structure youth development throughout the club, and an ability to work with and inspire the present chosen staff.

So for example, what on Cooper's CV suggests, he meets these and other criteria, does he for example have the requisite UEFA badges?
Flashheart

« Reply #20 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:00:11 »

I've posted elsewhere, that I think appointing Cooper would be mistake...if as appears he's picking up the job on the basis of being around, cheap and a yes man.

Perhaps, maybe, they might appoint him because so far he's done a pretty good job?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:12:15 »

3 games, three 1 0. Too soon to judge. Like the style of football though but what's the rush.
Flashheart

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:19:27 »

I'm just wondering why the assumption is that if he's appointed it will be because he's cheap etc.

Is it so far fetched to think the board might have other attributes in mind.... such as the ability to actually do the job?

If it's too soon to tell if he's the man for the job, then it is too soon to suggest he will not be getting the job on merit (if he does get the job). Give the man some credit, he's deserved it up until now.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:19:27 »

I think it's probably sensible to have a permanent manager as soon as possible. However, if you're going to base the decision purely on League form then it's an unbelievably awkward time as nobody knows whether this is a genuinely great/good/mediocre/poor/dire side yet.

Either way, Cooper has been looking after the squad for a month now and they appear to be responding to his work so long may that continue.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:29:13 »

Two very narrow wins against relegation fodder and a fourth division side, both at home, hardly proof that Cooper has done a good job.

We seem to have stumbled across a decent group of players. I don't see Cooper as being up to the task in terms of coaching, getting the best out of youngsters, making the right tactical decisions in more difficult games (see Septembers fixtures).. If he gets the job, in my mind it's clearly because he's cheap and around.

I hope the board are continuing to look for somebody better.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:41:05 »

Not being able to comprehensively 'see off' allegedly inferior opposition is hardly a new issue at Swindon though.

Whoever the Board had in mind clearly isn't happening so somebody has to do this job. It's semi-interesting that Cooper hasn't really actively declared an interest in the job - Does he actually want it or would he prefer to simply act as a No.2?

I might have missed the 'GIVE ME THE GIG, PLEASE' interview.
Dozno9

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:44:35 »

Two very narrow wins against relegation fodder and a fourth division side, both at home, hardly proof that Cooper has done a good job.

A one nil defeat to a newly relegated team who have hammered the last 2 teams they've played and we were unlucky not to get a draw and two wins at home so I don't know where the two wins against relegation fodder you talk about come from.

We seem to have stumbled across a decent group of players. I don't see Cooper as being up to the task in terms of coaching, getting the best out of youngsters, making the right tactical decisions in more difficult games.

'Stumbled' you mean as if by luck I presume? So when we find a shit player is that because we've 'stumbled' on a bad player or Cooper has chosen badly? And using the evidence so far he seems up to the task of getting the best out of them despite injuries changing the team over the past 2 games.

If he gets the job, in my mind it's clearly because he's cheap and around.

How much will he be earning compared to his peers then in order to say he's cheap? Would you rather an expensive Di Canio-eske manager who ripped the financial soul out of the club buying mediocre players on high wages.

I hope the board are continuing to look for somebody better.

Suggestions? I don't see a whole heap of managers queuing up to take the job and I would suggest that any 'name' manager would have had equal or worse results so far compared to Cooper.

I see little evidence so far not to give him the job other than he's not a 'name'.
DMR

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:46:40 »

He's got the team playing a better quality of football than any manager since Hoddle

Fuck me
Dozno9

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:46:41 »

It's semi-interesting that Cooper hasn't really actively declared an interest in the job - Does he actually want it or would he prefer to simply act as a No.2?

I might have missed the 'GIVE ME THE GIG, PLEASE' interview.

On BBC Wiltshire on Saturday he said he wanted the job.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 19:51:41 »

We seem to have stumbled across a decent group of players.

Purely luck and no judgement then?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: