Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper  (Read 72642 times)
kerry red

« on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:42:09 »

I like him.

Give him the job FFS!

p.s I am not Mark Cooper
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:45:55 »

So do I.

But let's not be too hasty. Everything is going well at the moment.

p.s. Neither am I.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:48:11 »

Have to agree,financially it makes sense.

Doing a good job in troubled times.
Give him a chance i say and i reckon there would be amazement if he wasn't given a chance now.

Incidently i have a letter from hid dad Terry from his management days at Brum Cheesy
Good player was his old man.
china red

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:51:23 »

The problem is that if we do give him the job the second we lose a few games people will be criticising Jed saying we just went for the cheap option. 

From the sounds of it we are playing well, first time some of these players will have played three games in a week, give it a couple of months and see where we are.
kerry red

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:56:43 »

I think most fans will accept a mid table finish this season as long as we are entertained along the way.

The football I've seen in the first games this season is top notch, if a little frustrating at times.

Does it for me
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #5 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 09:59:45 »

The problem is that if we do give him the job the second we lose a few games people will be criticising Jed saying we just went for the cheap option. 

From the sounds of it we are playing well, first time some of these players will have played three games in a week, give it a couple of months and see where we are.
Seconded.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:01:12 »

He's got the team playing a better quality of football than any manager since Hoddle from what i've seen so far. He's done nothing wrong so far really. Sure he will get the job and if we're top half and playing how we did in the first half yesterday then i'll be happy.

kerry red

« Reply #7 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:02:57 »

No matter who is in charge we are going to lose a couple of games in a row some time.

I cant see how another manager can do much about our youngsters playing 3 games a week
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:14:17 »

I am Mark Cooper and please don't give me the job...i think a chap with better credentials in lower divisions would be better.

Clems Army!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:16:19 »

He's got the team playing a better quality of football than any manager since Hoddle from what i've seen so far.

Not sure about the best as a lot of our fans seem to forget that we played some fantastic football under "the scouser that shall be named" when we stormed this division in 95. In one game vs Hull Tigers(!) we kept the ball in our possession for over 6 minutes without letting them have a go.

But yes we do appear to be playing with flair and passing which is good to see.

I would love the Chief to be playing in this side as the lone striker.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:18:32 »

He's got the team playing a better quality of football than any manager since Hoddle from what i've seen so far. He's done nothing wrong so far really. Sure he will get the job and if we're top half and playing how we did in the first half yesterday then i'll be happy.

[conspiracy] Ah, but is it really HIM making our players play like that?[/conspiracy]

He's our manager already. Just give him the Damn job so we can paint his name on the door officially.

I'm not Mark Cooper. But I am his mum.

(I'm not his mum)

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:20:22 »

I am Mark Cooper and please don't give me the job...i think a chap with better credentials in lower divisions would be better.
Would you honestly be happy with anyone appointed by this board?

I'm not sure if your posts have been tongue in cheek but I can't recall you having anything remotely positive to say for months
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:22:17 »

The board have put themselves in a bit of a difficult situation now.  If we do well under him and then he's replaced, it could go downhill and people won't be happy then.

If they weren't going to give him the job, they should have had somebody in for the start of the season or by now at least.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:22:21 »

It's a difficult call to make without understanding the precise nature of Power's role.  If Power really is acting as Director of Football and making the signings then, yes, probably offer a permanent role to Cooper (because the two of them do seem to be able to work together) - but:

(a) make it clear that he's Head Coach, not Manager; and
(b) make it a 9 or 10 month contract initially.

If it's working out at Christmas, we could then think about extending the contract in to 2015 or 2016.  Cooper himself does deserve some job security, which is why I think we need to move soon, but I would still be wary of offering a lengthy contract at the moment.  Not sure he has done enough yet to warrant one.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:26:03 by Ardiles » Logged
fatbasher

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, August 11, 2013, 10:29:20 »

[conspiracy] Ah, but is it really HIM making our players play like that?[/conspiracy]

He's our manager already. Just give him the Damn job so we can paint his name on the door officially.

I'm not Mark Cooper. But I am his mum.

(I'm not his mum)

I'm his mum....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: