Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Cooper  (Read 72815 times)
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 18:42:03 »

And yet the public don't support.
The football is fantastic......well done Mark Cooper.

I know our town is full of them but no need to keep going round them in conversation. its too much money for most! we have the 7th highest average attendance in the league. they are depressing low for us at the moment but could be a lot worse. imagaine if we were struggling?

He's worked wonders with only one real signing and Obika joined late.

I will never take to him after last seasons after match sessions but I have to eat my shit where this season is concerned...

what happened here?!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 19:05:06 »

I think he's referring to his one word grumpy post match interviews.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 19:07:46 »

I haven't been to the CG for two years now. Not because of cooper, but due to finances and kids I can't afford to. Sat is family day. As the kids grow up I'm sure I'll be back, but at the moment I'm an armchair supporter.

Does this make me less of a supporter? I think not. Times have changed. Are the x thousand in the same boat? Who knows.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
kerry red

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 19:18:45 »

Of course not.

It's the 1000 odd from last season who no longer attend.

Sure, some may be finding it hard financially, but not all of them.

I honestly dont understand it - the play is more entertaining and at the moment look more likely to finish in the top 6 than last season.

The cost is roughly the same - apart from a £2 increase for some games - so what is stopping them?
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 19:41:38 »

Me and my boy have been season ticket holders for the last 3 seasons but he went up a price bracket, not a massive increase but enough to make a struggle financially. Factor in fuel costs from Worcester ( yes I know loads travel further) and it makes it hard.

FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 20:11:25 »

I think the close season uncertainty with the board etc has had a huge say on the drop in attendance and the fall in ST. Without that, i think we would be around the same as last year. Problem is, those who didnt renew are unlikely to want to pay 25quid a game on average so will pick and choose this year
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 21:46:54 »

He's worked wonders with only one real signing and Obika joined late.

I will never take to him after last seasons after match sessions but I have to eat my shit where this season is concerned...
I think cooper is doing an exceptional job with what he has to work with, I think that we have kept 90% of a good squad that now knows each other really helps, Kasim seems to come leaps & bounds from last season. Mass seems to be struggling a bit at the moment & I can see him being dropped for Reeves on Tuesday. I spoke to Obika after the game & he admitted he is a much better person since he was last here. His words were I have grown up alot since then.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, September 20, 2014, 21:54:17 »

He is doing a great job, sadly after the PDC era, the board struggles etc it was always going to be a bit of a lull. Hopefully a good season will help resolve this.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 07:36:13 »

I haven't been to the CG for two years now. Not because of cooper, but due to finances and kids I can't afford to. Sat is family day. As the kids grow up I'm sure I'll be back, but at the moment I'm an armchair supporter.

Does this make me less of a supporter? I think not. Times have changed. Are the x thousand in the same boat? Who knows.

likewise, I've been a couple of times in the past year or so, took my eldest (4) to his first game last season, but it's just too expensive to go at the moment. A season ticket isn't an option as I work late shifts so would miss the midweek games as well.

janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 09:31:00 »

Problem is as Sippo has said times and priorities change. kids definitely make you think more about your disposable income, I wonder if the problem is the same one as the pubs though. Whilst our generation was happy to go up the pub week in week out, it seems this generation of 18-24 years don't share that passion.

Is it the same with Football, costs quite a bit, are they being priced out, instead preferring to watch football on the box?

Also the actual match day experience at the CG isn't great, let's be honest, as others have said (elsewhere) we used to get to the ground at around 2ish going back (and that was for the evening kick offs ;-)) watched the warm up, the atmosphere would be building and building, you don't get that anymore.

I think once my lad gets to 4/5 I'll be back watching town but at the minute I prefer to keep an eye on town and spend time and money with i bambini.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 09:47:55 »

As I'm in that Age bracket (just) Jan, I thought I'd put in my two cents.

I work a lot of Saturdays, and the ones I do get off are often my only full day off in the week - I love my team and I enjoy the football, but if I went every single Saturday I'd never get a proper 'day off' - living in North Dorset means it's not a short trip, and as such I am what some may call 'fair weather', picking and choosing my matches.

I went to my second game of the season yesterday, and I'll typically try and make it up for at least 5/6 over the course of the year plus a few away games (hopefully more) but with fuel, a ticket, and the essential programme and a pint before the match you start looking at money I can't afford to spend every single week.

Sitting in the DRS as I mostly do, I have noticed a distinct drop in volume over the past few years of people willing to sing out. They're more than willing to clap, but singers have reduced in number. Losing the south side has I think damaged the atmosphere a little bit. If you look around you, there are a lot of older faces too. I know there are some being replaced, but I do think you're right, and there's an issue with a lack of people in the age bracket you've stipulated. And they're generally more likely to get a little pissed and sing out.

As for pubs it's bar culture that's damaging them for that age bracket - people don't stay in one place all night, or even have four or five before moving elsewhere, they'll come in, drink a pint, then bugger off.  It's different to how it was back in the day.
DRS

« Reply #116 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:05:11 »

Problem is as Sippo has said times and priorities change. kids definitely make you think more about your disposable income, I wonder if the problem is the same one as the pubs though. Whilst our generation was happy to go up the pub week in week out, it seems this generation of 18-24 years don't share that passion.

Is it the same with Football, costs quite a bit, are they being priced out, instead preferring to watch football on the box?

Also the actual match day experience at the CG isn't great, let's be honest, as others have said (elsewhere) we used to get to the ground at around 2ish going back (and that was for the evening kick offs ;-)) watched the warm up, the atmosphere would be building and building, you don't get that anymore.

I think once my lad gets to 4/5 I'll be back watching town but at the minute I prefer to keep an eye on town and spend time and money with i bambini.
While i agree with most of that the fact is if dicanio was here gates would be higher and that is unfair.The club have to do alot more at the moment
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 10:42:45 »

Pubs shutting at half 2 or whatever it was helped that.
Now you can stay in the pub till KO, right side of TE only fills up just after KO these days.
Plus that feathered fucknut and his haka is enough reason not to get in the ground till last minute .
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 11:30:24 by @mwooly63 » Logged
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 11:55:31 »

likewise, I've been a couple of times in the past year or so, took my eldest (4) to his first game last season, but it's just too expensive to go at the moment. A season ticket isn't an option as I work late shifts so would miss the midweek games as well.

On the season ticket issue - I can't always make every game but only miss a few. 

But it works out that you can miss around 5 games (in the townend - it works out even more for Don Rogers) but any games I miss I always try and give to a mate for a tenner, so its a win-win if you know other fans.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, September 21, 2014, 12:17:55 »

Plus that feathered fucknut and his haka is enough reason not to get in the ground till last minute .

I try and avoid getting into the ground earlier due to the terrible "music" choices which appear to be aimed at 12 year olds.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: