Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Town v Gills  (Read 26721 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:26:29 »

Gutted i couldnt go today.

Sounded good on the radio.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:30:09 »

I'm actually really enjoying being a Town fan at the moment. We're playing some great stuff, STILL in the play-off places and beating our bogey teams. Right now I even feel like we could take on Cheltenham!

nurse!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:33:21 »

nurse!!
S'alright, Reg will be along soon to calm us all down - bear in mind we're still 9-11 points from safety and it's not easy to see where those 3 wins plus draws are going to come from Cheesy
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:36:52 »

The boys did well today and I have passed on my thoughts in a thorough de-brief with young Daniel.

I have patted him on the back and handed him a brown envelope containing a extra well done that I would appreicate the FA not to find out about.

However, I have expressed disappointment at the goal that was conceded and have no incertain terms told Daniel that if we continue to concede such goals I will be forced to swap my finely pressed single breasted M & S suit for a tracksuit in order to help concentrate the defensive efforts!

I have a coaching badge .... Dont you know!  I havent mentioned this for a week or 2 ... but then I havent been back on the radio!  I'm much better than that Mr Radcliffe fella!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:40:44 »

A superb 20 minute period when we really showed what we can do, sadly I thought the rest of the game a little nondescript.  Spoilt by a whistle happy ref who didn't know the difference between a foul and a dive, and classed everything as a foul!  Enjoyed Pericard's cameo, looks a useful signing - hope he can produce it every time.  Bet their keeper's hands will still be stinging on Monday with the strength of some of those shots he had to save.  Cuthbert had a good game, JP also.  Why does Manky turn it on in the second half more than the first?  Thought Greer and Lecs gave away too many free kicks around the box.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:43:25 »

S'alright, Reg will be along soon to calm us all down - bear in mind we're still 9-11 points from safety and it's not easy to see where those 3 wins plus draws are going to come from Cheesy

I reserve the right to pessimism about matters STFC, especially when I've a shocking hangover after a heavy night on the lash, and a case of angst about bird matters.

You lot can do the  Clap, I'll provide the balance....
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:43:48 »

A superb 20 minute period when we really showed what we can do, sadly I thought the rest of the game a little nondescript.  Spoilt by a whistle happy ref who didn't know the difference between a foul and a dive

Thought Greer and Lecs gave away too many free kicks around the box.

i think you've worked it out yourself

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:56:31 »

I reserve the right to pessimism about matters STFC, especially when I've a shocking hangover after a heavy night on the lash, and a case of angst about bird matters.

In previous seasons, it might have been and after so many years of disappointment I can see where you get the ingrained Eeyore tendency from. But it's not appropriate this season - we're playing well and winning games we'd have lost or drawn in the past two seasons. FWIW, I don't expect us to go up this season, but I do go to most games expecting us to get a decent result and (whisper it quietly) play well. Which is not only an enjoyable and refreshing change but, as our form this season shows, an appropriate attitude. Whereas your "balance" is simply out of kilter
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:02:45 »

Emo Suicide
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:03:27 »

BBC spot on as usual.

Jon-Paul McGovern's corner was met by Scott Cuthbert's forehead for the second before Mark Bentley was brought down in the box by Vincent Pericard

Billy Paynter stepped up to put the game out of reach before Chris Palmer's consolation from the edge of the area.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:05:58 »

BBC spot on as usual.

Jon-Paul McGovern's corner was met by Scott Cuthbert's forehead for the second before Mark Bentley was brought down in the box by Vincent Pericard

Billy Paynter stepped up to put the game out of reach before Chris Palmer's consolation from the edge of the area.
They've gone right downhill this season. Have they got that work experience lass who reads out the "Speek yure branez" texts on the Football League show doing the match write-ups?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:10:45 »

Big big negative is sheehan. I think we need a short term deal loan for a left back.

Sheehan was shit today, especially in the 1st half when he was getting beaten for pace and out muscled time after time. LJF played far better once he came on, so I'm more than happy with the cover we've got at left back compared to other positions - especially right back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:12:40 »

Whilst I generally agree we need cover there - when was the last time Amankwaah missed a game injured or suspend?
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:16:33 »

Good win today, and another very valuable 3 points.

Started slowly in the first half, but that's Swindon for you.

I thought we were a bit lucky to go in one up, but the second half we proved our worth, and easily deserved the victory, however unlucky we were not to get the clean sheet. Ferry was unlucky not to have a hat-trick, Ward's looking a quality loan signing, and is very versatile, and was also very unlucky not to score. Brilliant passing moves across the midfield and back four, there was one passing move in the second half involving Amankwaah, JPM and Pericard that had me in awe, and i felt the crowd were really up for it.

Overall, im a very happy bunny tonight Smiley

Pretty much agree with this. Thought Gills looked pretty dangerous for the first 20mins, they have 2 or 3 nippy busy players (albeit with limited end product), No'S 10, 24 and the other black lad.  However, as mentioned 2nd half was a pleasure to watch from an STFC point of view.

You talk about passing moves above, Pericard did a beautiful little nick lay off into space for Ward running up on the left at one point, when I was convinced he was going to lose possession.
Pericard had an excellent debu in fact. Couldnit single anyone out today, all players had a good day (bar hutch, a liitle more running today but little product).

A final thought....good atmosphere, helped by the gills fans early on, BUT, who ever starts the clapping when the TE are alternately singing with the DRS, literally need their hands chopping off with a sword, middle east style.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:16:45 »

Sheehan was shit today, especially in the 1st half when he was getting beaten for pace and out muscled time after time. LJF played far better once he came on, so I'm more than happy with the cover we've got at left back compared to other positions - especially right back.

Really?Phil King thought he was MOM til he went off-but we need cover for LFJ for maybe the next 6 weeks.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:19:46 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: