Poll
Question: Do you think we will get promoted this season?
Yes, as champions - 2 (2.3%)
Yes, automatically as the second placed team - 1 (1.1%)
Yes, via the playoffs - 26 (29.9%)
No - 58 (66.7%)
Total Voters: 69

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Will we go up this season?  (Read 8767 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:31:09 »

The fact that we are even debating this given the quality of the league this year and the sale of a 31 goal striker (replaced by Hutch) is incredible.
Me too. I was delighted and surprised when we got in the top 6, didn't expect it to last, am estatic it's lasted this long, still don't expect us to get promoted but I'm really enjoying the ride while it lasts. But I think expectations have been raised now, not just among the fans, but among the team and the board, right across the club, and I think we NEED to get at least a play-off place if we're going to keep hold of the players who've got us here (that includes signing Sheehan and finding a commensurate replacement for Ferry cos I think Celtic will want him back).
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 18:37:13 »

No. I think we've a chance of finishing 5th or 6th, but more realistically I think we'll just miss the playoffs - which will be disappointing of course, but still represent a good season overall and a great platform to build from.

And I personally don't think we're ready for a campaign in the Championship yet.

Alot of people said that about Forest when they sneacked up under Calderwood.....look at them now,lets get there then see if ware ready.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 15:40:27 »

its strange how with our current strike partnership and decent run of results- only leeds have lost less than us this season- that no one seems to rate us as play off contenders. on the southampton and huddersfield forums not one person places us in their predictions for a top 6 finish. huddersfield:

"agree norrwich for the title,can see leeds finishing third if beckford goes,grella is going back to leicester on monday with no one set to come in permanantly,my yid pal who came today is sick ,reckons they have been lucky for most of the season and will implode,think charlton or us to be either second or fourth.all to play for.swindon will fuck it by the way."

"Agreed that Swindon will Fuck up...1)Norwich...2)Charlton...3)Leeds...4)Colchester...5)Huddersfield...6)Huh? "

i dont know what to make of what they say. is it a gd thing that everyone is dismissing us. having beaten huddersfield so confidently at the CG and the gap now opening with teams below and our games in hand. surely its all positive?
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 15:45:59 »

This makes very good reading atm:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D2/oform.html

ahaaa, lets not get carried away Smiley
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 16:37:26 »

its strange how with our current strike partnership and decent run of results- only leeds have lost less than us this season- that no one seems to rate us as play off contenders. on the southampton and huddersfield forums not one person places us in their predictions for a top 6 finish. huddersfield:

"agree norrwich for the title,can see leeds finishing third if beckford goes,grella is going back to leicester on monday with no one set to come in permanantly,my yid pal who came today is sick ,reckons they have been lucky for most of the season and will implode,think charlton or us to be either second or fourth.all to play for.swindon will fuck it by the way."

"Agreed that Swindon will Fuck up...1)Norwich...2)Charlton...3)Leeds...4)Colchester...5)Huddersfield...6)Huh? "

i dont know what to make of what they say. is it a gd thing that everyone is dismissing us. having beaten huddersfield so confidently at the CG and the gap now opening with teams below and our games in hand. surely its all positive?

Charlton have only lost 2 as well.

It doesn't really bother me if others think we'll fall away. At the end of the day we're still proving them wrong every game we go and win. A lot of Udders' fans are still bitter that we beat them and that they have spent lots more money than we have yet they are only above us on GD having played a game more. You have to remember that it was their fans that assumed they'd finish 1st or 2nd in the summer. Shame eh?

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 20:01:47 »

well we are exactly half way through our season now and are sat in the play off zone with 2 games in hand.contrary to popular belief i aint grumpy and am pretty darn happy with where we are right now,and we have exceeded what i thought would happen.but i do feel we need more goals from midfield and it could be our downfall if it isn't addressed come the shake up in may.now we are up there, it would be stupid to accept anything less that a promotion push.
goalscoring midfielders dont come round often, or come at a premium.i hope we can get lucky and get one.
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 12:52:55 »

Arguably the toughest season to go up in recent L1 campaigns, with Leeds,Charlton, Norwich, Soton, and money bags Huddersfield about. Even if we didn't go up this year, we could have a real good crack next season.

Although if we could do it this season, would be a massive achievement, considering the budgets off all the clubs in this league.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 15:22:10 »

I reckon we'll make play-offs. Anything could happen after that. I'm still thinking next year we could be looking at automatic.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 15:43:45 »

Automatic to the premiership, thats a bit optimistic. Wink
Barry Scott

« Reply #54 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 16:07:31 »

Arguably the toughest season to go up in recent L1 campaigns, with Leeds,Charlton, Norwich, Soton, and money bags Huddersfield about. Even if we didn't go up this year, we could have a real good crack next season.

Although if we could do it this season, would be a massive achievement, considering the budgets off all the clubs in this league.

I'm of the belief that if we do do it this season the ethic and play required to get there will have been of such a standard that survival will be a lot easier.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: