Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Town v Gills  (Read 26530 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:42:16 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.

Our second was much more comical than I first realised!
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:44:23 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.

Our second was much more comical than I first realised!

I haven't seen the highlights, but I remember saying at the time, "How the fuck did the defender not clear that off the line?"
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:44:35 »

A lot of people over egg the Championship. It really aint all that good. If we were to get promoted we would most likely be the equivalent to a barnsley or a scunthorpe. Of course with investment we would push on, but if that happens it remains to be seen.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:48:00 »

I haven't seen the highlights, but I remember saying at the time, "How the fuck did the defender not clear that off the line?"

One defender seemed to walk backwards to head it, the other defender then pushed him forward out of the way putting himself off balance then he tried to clear it only to completely miss it.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:48:11 »

I thought he was OK myself and gave good overlapping options in attack.

I don't think Sheehan is as good as most people make out, or that LJF is as bad as most people make out.

Sheehan made more mistakes in the first half than JFL made in entire games that he got slated for. I'm still not sure which is the best at left back, if we could morph them in to one player take the best bits from both we'd have a star.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:50:51 »

Sheehan is as good as people make out, just not today.

LJF is clearly a confidence player like Ifil. The team was winning and playing well when he came on and he slotted right in and played well.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:54:22 »

Sheehan made more mistakes in the first half than JFL made in entire games that he got slated for.

Maybe you are right. But I've not seen a Sheehan mistake that has lead to a goal (cue lots of examples Smiley).

LJF has cost us goals. It's a shame because he has also made goals and played well for large portions of games. Then he'll have that Jeril Ifil moment where his brain switches off.....

Maybe JFL will cut this out of his game and prove me wrong. I hope so.

edit: FFS. Dave posted what I was trying to say before I said it again.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #202 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:55:48 »

Sheehan got done lots today, but it didn't matter in the end.

We fucking won and we won well Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #203 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:01:35 »

Manky getting forward in the 2nd half made a big difference today. He stayed back for most of the 1st. JFL did alright when he came on - he's still learning. We won well with some players not playing great. Sheehan was well dodgy but would still be a good signing. Ward should have put 2 of his 3 chances away. Paynter was OK but below recent form.
The good news is we beat them easily and we'll play better another day. Thier keeper also kept the score down.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:07:57 »

Big Vince is going to do ya enough said.

Some great football the second half.............we're actually looking a decent side now.
Will miss Sheehan though.

We stuffed the Pikey's.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:08:22 »

Maybe you are right. But I've not seen a Sheehan mistake that has lead to a goal (cue lots of examples Smiley).

LJF has cost us goals. It's a shame because he has also made goals and played well for large portions of games. Then he'll have that Jeril Ifil moment where his brain switches off.....

The goal thing is a bit unfair on LJF, in a lot of those goals I'd pin a portion of the blame on the rest of the team and especially the central defenders - the first two Bristol Rovers goals for example. Other than that he's just been unlucky compared to Sheehan whose slip ups haven't cost us.

I just hope Wilson doesn't give up on LJF as there is a legend in there somewhere if he can sort out his confidence and concentration. Don't know what it is but there is something about him I like.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #206 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:10:35 »

How long is Sheehan out for?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:10:45 »

We won well with some players not playing great.

An excellent one line summary of the game. Being able to do that is the difference between a relegation battle and a promotion battle - last season we would have lost the game badly.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:16:14 »

How long is Sheehan out for?

It looked like a hamstring or groin injury. I think Wilson said 4-6 weeks if it is what they think, which fits. But its not confirmed yet, I guess they'll let it settle for a day and asses it then.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:18:45 »

Cheers Batch.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: