Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Town v Gills  (Read 26517 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:18:54 »

but we need cover for LFJ for maybe the next 6 weeks.

How much longer is Kennedy going to be out for?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #181 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:18:57 »

Whilst I generally agree we need cover there - when was the last time Amankwaah missed a game injured or suspend?

He got the shits and had to go off not too long ago didn't he? I know it's not quite the same but it showed how little cover we have.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:20:58 »

He got the shits and had to go off not too long ago didn't he? I know it's not quite the same but it showed how little cover we have.

Against Brighton after about 20 minutes. Sheehan played RB there and looked very unconfortable. If Caddis is signed for the rest of the season he can play RB and would be good cover.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:21:02 »

ps. also noticed JPM went quitte distinctly to all stands and appluaded after the game...wonder if it was a 'goodbye' of sorts?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:25:57 »

ps. also noticed JPM went quitte distinctly to all stands and appluaded after the game...wonder if it was a 'goodbye' of sorts?

He does that every week in fairness.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:30:23 »

yes, but just seemed to be away from the other players today...hopefully nothing

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:31:57 »

Sheehan was shit today, especially in the 1st half when he was getting beaten for pace and out muscled time after time. LJF played far better once he came on, so I'm more than happy with the cover we've got at left back compared to other positions - especially right back.

I thought he was OK myself and gave good overlapping options in attack.

---

On JPM, I think the clapping the stands was just a 'thanks for the support'. He usually does it.

I'd be gutted if he left, I honestly believe he is pulling the strings in our attack wtih his vision and passing.

edit: Ok just saw DV/your latest reply. Still think he did something similar at Fulham.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:33:29 »

yes, but just seemed to be away from the other players today...hopefully nothing

Because the game ended down the Stratton Bank end few players came up to the town end today, JP did - as he always does!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:38:37 »

JPM's an intelligent player and his applauding the fans simply shows he knows who he has to thank for his livelihood.  Wish a few more would follow his example.

As others have said, I'm enjoying being a Town fan this season...even if I can't make as many games as I'd like.  The only disappointment for me today was the size of the crowd.  As we move towards the business end of the season, I would hope we'll start pulling in a few more as (hopefully) a play off place comes in to sight.  Let the good times roll.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:47:05 »

The only disappointment for me today was the size of the crowd. 

I know what you are saying, especially after the Fulham turnout and the lack of footy due to the weather.

But then again there are a lot of games coming up, and most people won't have been paid since before Christmas.

Lets hope if the team keep playing well they bring the extra punters in that their performances deserve.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 19:50:23 »

Well all you "we're going to lose because they haven't won away all season" and "we're going to lose because we're all feeling too confident" people were wrong!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Here's my video of the penalty...

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:01:54 »

good result today and enjoyed the second half.
first half we were rubbish and fortunate to go in 1 up(great strikers goal by austin)
second half we were well on top and their keeper did well for them.
pericard looks a player to me and wont be happy sitting on the bench for long.
i dont get the ferry love in as he's too lightweight and awful infront of goal.
puts all the effort in but aint all that.
for me we are a goalscoring centre mid away from a side that has a real chance of the play offs.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:06:43 »

I haven't looked at the figures but I'm fairly sure that crowds rose quite markedly in the build up to our play off campaigns in 1992/93 and again in 2003/04.  Gives the floating support a proper reason to get up off their arses and go.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #193 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:10:52 »

[url width=528 height=432]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/simon_pieman/th_MOV00860.jpg[/URL]
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #194 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 20:18:22 »

The first half was a bit of a non event other than Austin's absolutely class goal - good build up and a brilliant turn and finish. Thier right winger was giving Sheehan a good going over but with fuck all end product - like the Pikeys in general.
In the second half we played some brilliant stuff. There was one move in particular where their keeper made a brilliant double save. In a 20 minute patch we could have scored 6 or 7. Cuthbert's goal was the kind of goal we conceded last season. Pericard looks a very useful signing - he's a big unit who just isn't going to get knocked off the ball - hence the penalty - and he's got a brain as well.
Both Ferry and Ward picked up bloody stupid and deserved bookings.
The Pikeys were truly shit and they're going to need to park thier caravans across thier own goal and use up their stock of lucky heather if they're going to stay up.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: