Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Town v Gills  (Read 26533 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:19:38 »

Ward had a good game today, battled well.
His shooting was a bit shit, but played well today.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 21:41:30 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.

Our second was much more comical than I first realised!

Seen the goals as well. Austin's was a class finish, but as you say, how on earth did the muppet show on the line not keep out Cuthbert's looping header?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 22:11:22 »

Ward had a good game today, battled well.
His shooting was a bit shit, but played well today.

I did like the brief 30 second cameo at LB between Sheehan going off and LJF coming on.
Spencer_White

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 23:02:16 »

How sad people would rather take video's than celebrate a Swindon goal.

I mean, who watches penalties anyway?

Austin turned the game around with an instinctive strike, more evidence that he gets the important goals when the game is tight.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 23:03:54 by Spencer_White » Logged
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 23:18:02 »

I don't think Sheehan is as good as most people make out, or that LJF is as bad as most people make out.

mental
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #215 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 23:21:28 »

It's actually fairly easy to hold a camera phone and watch the pitch at the same time. What if it was a brilliantly bizarre penalty?   Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 23:45:20 »

I too am mental as I agree with johnny 72. Sheehan would be a good addition but he's not a latter day Zippy or King. JFL is also not the anti christ- he's a young lad with a lot of potential who played their right winger better today than Sheehan.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 00:00:09 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Spencer_White

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 23:50:06 »

Some players are highlights players, who will do a few good things in a game. Lescinel is the total opposite, where he will play well for 88 minutes, but the other 2 minutes he will make blunders that cost you goals.

I think hes a decent player in the making though. Certainly provides us with better options, a luxury when you consider our options in the past.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 00:12:36 »

I like Sheehan and at the moment would prefer him to play in preference to LJF but he in no way deserves the extent of crap he gets. He had a poor opening game, as did the whole team, then largely did well until Rovers when he had a mare (again as did most of the rest of the team, most of who didn't get half the abuse he got - the two goals he was at fault for started with our centre collapsing, leaving him exposed, although he should also have done better). And then after that his confidence collapsed. Hopefully a good performance today will have helped him rebuild that a little as I think he could grow into a real find, if he can sort out those lapses.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 00:24:59 »

I haven't really slagged LJF off too much, but I have to say when I've seen him he's not impressed.
I didn't see much of him before the Rovers game, but he had an absolute shocker then and was lucky to make it to half time without being subbed. I seem to remember him making a few silly mistakes against Brighton the week after, and at Charlton he made three absolutely basic errors in the first 15 minutes.

If what he needed was a break, then thank goodness it came about and I'll look forward to seeing him as part of a strong Town defence in the coming weeks.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 00:46:36 »

I haven't really slagged LJF off too much, but I have to say when I've seen him he's not impressed.
I didn't see much of him before the Rovers game, but he had an absolute shocker then and was lucky to make it to half time without being subbed. I seem to remember him making a few silly mistakes against Brighton the week after, and at Charlton he made three absolutely basic errors in the first 15 minutes.
Right, which is precisely what I said - had a mare at Rovers and then his confidence collapsed. But that isn't how he's played for the majority of the season and not his "natural" game. Don't base your judgement on those three games
DMR

« Reply #221 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 01:04:47 »

How sad people would rather take video's than celebrate a Swindon goal.

It's probably just a bit too complicated for you, don't worry, it doesn't detract from the enjoyment unless you're a complete retard.
deltaincline

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 01:09:22 »

Cant be arsed to trawl the whole thread, but I haven't seen any comments on that lazy cunt Hutchinson's non-performance today.

LJF may be a bit up and down, but at least he fucking tries. How the fuck Hutchinson is getting paid to play football at any level is beyond me.

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 01:23:03 »

I agree. I just want Hutchinson gone.

About the video - I was going nuts celebrating the other 2 goals then at 2-0 up we got a penalty and I thought I'd get a cool little video of it. I was pleased with it and I thought other people would enjoy it. It wasn't a crucial goal we needed to win the game.
deltaincline

« Reply #224 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 01:38:12 »

About the video - I was going nuts celebrating the other 2 goals then at 2-0 up we got a penalty and I thought I'd get a cool little video of it. I was pleased with it and I thought other people would enjoy it. It wasn't a crucial goal we needed to win the game.

Fuck all wrong with posting the video of BP's pen. I enjoyed watching it again.

There's plenty who didn't go to the game or who live abroad etc that appreciate being able to get a glimpse of the action from hand made vids like that.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: