Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 Play Off Final: Millwall V Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36003 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 06:24:51 »

JFL wasn't too good, but didn't directly cost us... I'm far more annoyed that our entire game plan was to forget all the good football we'd played all season. McGovern and Ward were anonymous as we resorted to hoofing it to a bloke who couldn't be arsed. And as a result, any time Kev did make a run forward, JP had returned to his old habit of not being where he was meant to be... yep, sobering up an sleeping on it has not made it any better.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 06:31:08 »

Havn't read any of this thread yet so apologies if i repeat anything others have said!

absolutely gutted is the best way to describe how i feel. First half we were poor, just like at Charlton; didn't play any good football and never looked like scoring. Lucas didn't look his usual self, he made some important saves but was no where to be seen for their corners, claimed one of them all game if i remember correctly. There seemed to be absolutely no communication, and it showed. No shouts of 'man on' or anything, no talking between the back 4 which resulted in some sketchy moments.

Amankwaah was unsetttled by all the boo-ing at first i thought, but seemed to grow into it more. Didn't take his man on enough when he was in a more attacking position, and the one time he did, he beat him but then put a shit cross in that went straight out.
Lesc had a better second half than first, but still had his usual lapses of concentration, Cuthbert did well. Ward wasn't in the game, had one good run at their defence in the second half which caused them some concern, if only he'd carried on doing it.

Ferry was outmuscled and outjumped, didn't win a header all game. JP wasn't very influential, didn't seem to have much time on the ball and never had a chance to put a good cross in. The set pieces were poor, we wasted numerous good opportunities from not beating the first man etc. Our defending of set pieces was even worse!! O'brien comes on, i assume to use his pace, what does he do? stand on the touchline and never make a run forward, looks so low on confidence! Austin played well apart from THAT chance, trust the fucking Wembley pitch to ruin the best chance we had. Of all the people on the pitch, you'd want that chance to fall to Charlie, but all the fucking concerts, speedway, rugby and american football fucked that right up.

Speaking of Wembley, the stadium itself is incredible, but the pitch was bollocks, no doubt made worse by the pissing rain before kick off. The logistical planning was absolutely fucking crap.  Of all the fucking places to park alot of our coaches, they put us right next to a dozen millwall coaches, and at their end of the stadium, i wonder what cunt came up with that. Having to walk around the side of the stadium after the match into the flow of millwall fans wasn't pleasant, with eveyr skinheaded, pikey cunt hurling abuse. Along that walk i saw about 2 policemen. Then going down to the coaches with countless Millwall fans all giving it the big'un. And to help if anything happened? a little ginger steward and 2 fucking policewomen who were having a good old natter. If we'd have won i bet there would have been some trouble around there, as it was we only had to put up wth gloating cockheads with short man syndrome. Surely they know Milwall are pretty scummy and with a history of violence, you'd think they'd have done a bit more to keep the fans apart.

Back to the match, anyone know where the ref lives so i can post him a set of match cards? it was a fuckng joke how the only yellow card was to one of our players, there were countless incidents where a millwall player should have been booked, but he barely even gave them a warning, fucking disgrace.

Finally, Millwall fans are the only ones i now truly despise, i hate them all.  they've got one fuckign song about no one liking them, and i can see why cos they're cunts, and that stupid fucking milll shit wich sounds like they're fucking humming. Cunts.

But this defeat shouldn't detract from our amazing season, lets hope we can come back next year stronger and get auto!

Analysis complete Smiley

Good write up that and pretty much sums up my feelings

I do keep forgetting how young LJF is.  Wasn't his best game at centreback yesterday but then you have to look at the Southampton game and he was immense.  Like Austin he's a young lad and still has a lot to learn, Danny must rate him over Morrison.  

O'brien is fast becoming the worst signing we've made since Tony Thorpe. His 1st touch was awful and i was suprised McGovern was taken off to replace him.

Second half was better but we still lacked any creativity, i would like DW to bring in an attacking midfielder for the up & coming season another striker, at least one leftback, one rightback & left winger.

I think it was pretty hard to generate any atmosphere yesterday for a few reasons:-

1. Most people that sing were so spread out that the others couldn't hear what was being sung by them.  I could hear singing in Block 134 but couldn't hear what was being sung.

2. Lack of anything created in the first half made it difficult to get fans excited

3. When we tried to get anything started in our block only about 20 people joined in. I gave up when i tried to start the Give us an S and nobody responded miserable cunts.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 07:52:43 »

JFL wasn't too good, but didn't directly cost us... I'm far more annoyed that our entire game plan was to forget all the good football we'd played all season. McGovern and Ward were anonymous as we resorted to hoofing it to a bloke who couldn't be arsed. And as a result, any time Kev did make a run forward, JP had returned to his old habit of not being where he was meant to be... yep, sobering up an sleeping on it has not made it any better.

Couldn't agree more.

Still surprised tough that JPM came off though. Thought he'd have taken Ferry off for O'Brien and put JPM in the middle and Ward up front. Hey ho, everyones a manager.
sn5_red

« Reply #393 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 07:58:15 »

3. When we tried to get anything started in our block only about 20 people joined in. I gave up when i tried to start the Give us an S and nobody responded miserable cunts.

guy in the block next to me gave it give us an S. i was the only single person who responded, and we continued it through to the end. problem is we only have around 15,000 true fans (not all of them are regulars but are swindon till the die) and of them, only a couple of thousand actually sing, so in a bank holiday summer trip(as opposed to a football match) its hard to get anything too complex going. thats why IMO Mill was so successfull, any1 can pick it up
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 07:59:48 »

Dont much care if I ever go to Wembley again-overpriced shit hole.

Amen to that. What a load of plastic shit.

Zero character to the place.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 08:04:10 »

I do keep forgetting how young LJF is.  Wasn't his best game at centreback yesterday but then you have to look at the Southampton game and he was immense.  Like Austin he's a young lad and still has a lot to learn, Danny must rate him over Morrison.  

O'brien is fast becoming the worst signing we've made since Tony Thorpe. His 1st touch was awful and i was suprised McGovern was taken off to replace him.

Second half was better but we still lacked any creativity, i would like DW to bring in an attacking midfielder for the up & coming season another striker, at least one leftback, one rightback & left winger.

I think it was pretty hard to generate any atmosphere yesterday for a few reasons:-

1. Most people that sing were so spread out that the others couldn't hear what was being sung by them.  I could hear singing in Block 134 but couldn't hear what was being sung.

2. Lack of anything created in the first half made it difficult to get fans excited

I thought the ref was consistent to be honest. He could have produced cards here there and everywhere, but didn't. The freekick for handball by the keeper should have been a freekick the other way for a push in the back. Douglas could have had a yellow, or red for lashing out at one of their players. So, overall I dont think we can blame him.

They said on Sky that LJF had only had it confirmed a few days ago that his sister was indeed dead. I wonder whether that affected him, as every other time he has played CB everyone has raved about how good he has been.

JPM wasn't given time on the ball. Thats why he couldn't get into the game. When he is given a little space he flourishes. Millwall were on him in a flash, which took him out of the game.

Ferry and Douglas appear to me to be the same type of player. Breaking up play and making simple passes. Ferry tried to be more creative at times, but was brushed off the ball too easily by the Millwall midfield. With JPM and Ferry nullified, there was nothing created in midfield.

I was hoping O'Brien's introduction would result in Millwall's midfield having to stand off a little to cope with his pace. If that had happened I think there may have been a little more space for the rest of the midfield to operate. But it didn't and he didn't get into the game. Confidence player or not, he might as well not have been there.

Bottomline is that Millwall played very well. They knew where the threats came from and did a very good job in snuffing those threats out. Their movement up top complemented their resolute defence and midfield. The fact of the matter is that we had one way of playing. We didn't seem to be able to adapt. We've made alot of progress, but need to make that little bit more before we can kick on with confidence.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #396 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 08:13:24 »

Referee was fine. Should've booked Trotter and Forde but that's about it.

The morning after. Still got an awful feeling, if not worse.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 08:29:07 »

Very frustrating day.
The referee never had the bollocks (excuse the pun) to give that cunt Harris a yellow for his challenge on Harris.
Then Austin's chance...

and to top it off I got verbally abused and spat at by Millwall scum on the train back to Croydon and had to leg it into a taxi sharpish as they were chasing me out of the station. Fucking wankers.

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 08:36:53 »

gutted.we didn't turn up.our fans were a fucking joke.block 140 was full of cunts who wouldn't get behind the team and were just happy to be at wembley.fuck off!
time after time i tried to get songs going and only about 10 people joined in.if any of you who were there in that block are reading this you'll know who i am,and i saw how fucked off you were with our dismal day trippers too.i was all for us taking big numbers there but inn hindsight i wish they'd all just fuck off.
millwalls crowd put us to shame.

anyway,shit game and some of our players went to pieces.amankwaa and jfl in particular.first half the team was terrible.at least in the second half we took the game to them.
the game showed we need to add to the squad.we need goals added from midifield to get out of that division.
Panda Paws

« Reply #399 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:25:49 »

Yesterday I was seething about our performance but today it makes sense. Millwall done to us what they done to huddersfield in the semi and plenty of other teams this year. They stopped us playing. DW wouldnt have deliberately said "go out and hoof it" but their work rate, discipline and shape off the ball was superb, leaving our midfield with no space.

Ferry lost every fifty-fifty against trotter because trotter is a beast. Dougie done everthing he could and the wide boys just got frustrated and went looking for it, but everywhere they went there was a unit in a blue shirt pushing them off the ball. It isn't pretty and they might get found out next year but in the three play-off games they stopped us and Huddersfield, two good attacking sides, from even threatening to score.

Now I know JFL is young, and he has had an horrendous week - not training as he was on compassionate leave - but he was so lackadaisical yesterday. The defensive line was all over the place as either Cuthbert isn't used to setting it or JFL was half asleep, and JFL just generally looked very uncomfortbale.

Paynter didn't look fit, Lucas just went a bit mental with some of his decision making but got away with it and made some good saves in the second half. Austin didn't get a sniff apart from that chance, but that was more down to a very efficient defence.

Our two best players? Sheehan looked strong defensively and good on the ball until he had to go off, and Cuthbert digged his partner out numerous times, particularly second half. Greer playing would have made such a difference!

Thoroughly gutted, and god knows how many of these boys are leaving but I've got faith in DW replacing any of them with quality, and we will progress. The board and manager will not let us move backwards and a couple of times this season nuetrals have said we remind them of Millwall last year, so next year we can be the Millwall of this year.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 09:33:52 »

The morning after and it still hurts.

The only consolation (at least for us old buggers) is that it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the aftermath of 1990.

Onwards & upwards
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:02:29 »

The morning after and it still hurts.

The only consolation (at least for us old buggers) is that it doesn't hurt anywhere near as much as the aftermath of 1990.

Onwards & upwards

True - nothing can match that No
adje

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:09:00 »

[quote author=Nomoreheroes link=topic=39216.msg830826#msg830826 date=127520665

They said on Sky that LJF had only had it confirmed a few days ago that his sister was indeed dead. I wonder whether that affected him, as every other time he has played CB everyone has raved about how good he has been.

[/quote]

I was not aware of that-that's worse than terrible and puts a shitty old football match into perspective

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #403 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:16:48 »

We froze simple as that.We needed our experienced players to turn up yesterday and it just didn't happen.

We relied on players like Austin and ward who have not even had full seasons to do it for us yesterday and it just didn't happen.

Onwards and upwards for next season they can only learn from that like Millwall did obviously.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 10:22:19 »

We froze simple as that. We needed our experienced players to turn up yesterday and it just didn't happen.

I did a quick check last night and the Millwall team had a fair bit more experience, a third to be precise - their players had an average of 225 first team appearances and ours just 170. Plus we had 4 players in their first full season, it was at least the second full season for all of the Millwall team.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: