Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best atmosphere you've experienced at a game  (Read 8149 times)
DMR

« on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 14:51:22 »

Me- I was at Liverpool, Kop End 2 years on the eve of the Kop Disaster anniversary.

Best minutes silence (for any event) I've ever seen and then belting out 'you'll never walk alone'
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 14:55:55 »

The best atmosphere I've ever experienced by a huge margin was when we won the division one play off final. I've seen England play at wembley several times but the atmosphere was nothing in comparison. The mexican waves were class. At 3-0 up it was incredible, then back at 3-3 very, very tense then ecstatic when we scored the penalty and just mental at the final whistle.   Cheesy  Cheesy  Cool  Cool  Nothing really comes close.

I remember just jumping up and down on my seat at the end. I fell off at one point but I didn't give a toss I was so happy.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 15:00:46 »

Actually, beating Holland 4-1 in Euro 96 was sweet
Amir

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 15:05:46 »

In terms of Swindon fans making an atmosphere, probably Brentford or Notts County away in 95.

For the whole ground probably QPR away last year.
Melksham Red

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 15:10:19 »

Mines a joint effort. Stoke away last game and Blackburn away playoff first leg in 1990 were something else.  The atmosphere created by town fans was sheer class.We just didnt stop singing. We had about 3000 at Stoke and 4000 at Blackburn. The noise we generated in those games was awesome. It almost brings a tear to the eye just thinking about it. I think everyone knew something special was happening that season. Did anyone else go to those games?

Fucking football league. I fucking still hate them now for what they did to us. I think we may of established ourselves in the top flight if we weren't demoted that season.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 15:23:22 »

Beating england at wembely on the 17th November 1999 Cheesy
close second Scotland 1 Holland 0, November 2003

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 16:47:32 »

vs Brighton, first leg of the play-offs had a brilliant atmosphere last season and Theres allways a good atmosphere in the away end when we go to bristol city Cheesy  To be honest I don't have many memories of games when there has been a really good atmosphere. When I'm older I'm sure I will have. Most of you have been a swindon fan through the premiership days though,I havent Sad

RED ARMY
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 16:54:38 »

The best atmoshere ever has got to be Birmingham 4 Swindon 6.  The noise of the home fans at 4-1 to them was unbearable but when we came back, that is truely one match that I will never ever forget.  The Tranmere away play off game was very special too, as was wembley.  If I had to put them in order in terms of atmosphere though it would be

1. Birmingham
2. Tranmere
3. Wembley

1993 will never be beaten, I wish it could be but that was the greatest season ever.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 17:05:47 »

In no particular order:

Sunderland (H) Milk Cup 1985
Sheff Wed (H) Milk Cup 1985
Tranmere (A) Play Off Semi Final 2nd leg 1993
Gillingham (H) Play Off Final 2nd leg 1987
Gillingham (Selhurst Park) Play Off Final replay 1987
Luton (A) Simod Cup Semi final 1988
Newcastle (H) Div 1 1993
Leicester (Wembley) Play Off Final 1993
Wigan (H) Div 2 2003
Sheff Wed (H) Div 2 2003
Liverpool (A) Premiership 1993
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 17:52:27 »

that is hard, but City is always special.

Oxofrd at the kassam wasn't too bad, but last season when the whole town end stood up, think it was brightin playoff? that was immense!

qpr was decent too, bu i was in the cruddy upper tier.  Crying
Zurich Red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 17:55:18 »

I saw AC milan v Juventus in 1998 which was quite a tasty atmosphere, but I think you always feel it more if you emotionally involved with one of the teams so I would say

1993 play off final
England 4 Holland 1 Euro 96
England 2 Jocks 0 Euro 96
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 18:00:55 »

saw Juve win their 26th title a few years ago, which was a mental atmosphere. conversely, Juve were also my worst atmosphere... attendance of 851 at the Stadio delle Alpi for a Coppa Italia game!!!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
STFCDude

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 18:28:43 »

Swindon v Sunderland at Wembley in 1990, the way we held on after going 1-0 up was amazing!  The sound was incredible!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 18:45:05 »

Quote from: "STFCDude"
Swindon v Sunderland at Wembley in 1990, the way we held on after going 1-0 up was amazing!  The sound was incredible!

Don't remember us exactly hanging on we absolutely mullered them...must have been the most one sided 1-0 in Wembley history.

Agree about the atmosphere......but I suppose I'd have to go for the 69 final.
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 18:50:30 »

If we're talking Swindon then Brighton away PO semi was immense

The 2 back to back 3-0s at Luton and Wycombe were sweet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: