Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra prematch and match day thread.  (Read 26210 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 13:08:44 »

Really hope so or we've got a real bit problem to fill.

It’s alright. Shade will be fit soon….
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 13:26:24 »

Really hope so or we've got a real bit problem to fill.

Isn’t Genesini a wing back option?

Edit: his bio says a right back, but thought he was two footed and could play either side
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 13:45:33 by Posh Red » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 14:03:50 »

By all accounts Uwakwe was fine vs Posh so let’s hope yesterday was an off day.

I am baffled by these Academy drop outs at times. Over 10 years at Chelsea and England honours up to u20, but played like a competition winner yesterday… Looked weak and lazy, when he should be champing at the bit in what is essentially the last chance saloon for a worthwhile career. Odd but you see it time and again.

As I say, delighted if he kicks on but it was a pretty rank first audition in front of the CG faithful.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 15:16:20 »

I know we have all had a rough couple of seasons and some of us have had many years of disapointment following town, but I think a few could do with reminding yourselves why you follow the town and what you look to get out of it.  A good proportion of the posts since the end of the game yesterday are all about the negatives, picking out players that didn't have a great game and in some cases when they did alright.  I am not saying it's a meltdown scenario or anything, just mainly that it stands out to me that we are way more negative than we used to be, and that tends to be our default these days - maybe we are all worn down.

For me yesterday was a decent entertaining game, much better than anything since Wellens (maybe a few games with Garner).  Was it disapointing to drop 2 points?  Yes. Did every player play outstanding? No,  But this is league 2, we know where we are and we know where we want to get to, but we also know that players, referees and teams are at this level for a reason, and there are always going to be some negatives, otherwise they wouldn't be here - I just think we could all do with a little bit of a reality check and a dose of positivity.  We are all following this for enjoyment and therefore talking about it on here for enjoyment, so let's try think positively and try to enjoy the season - we can't always be negative.

After that yesterday I am looking forward to watching us this season.  Do I think that we have enough currently to be promotion candidates? No, not yet, but I do think it will be more enjoyable to watch than Morris, Lindsey, most of Garner and the dinosaur, so for that reason alone I am going to try to enjoy it and not be down that we might not achieve promotion, maybe a few should join me.  I am pretty sure that the club and players would appreciate it, and it can only help right?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 15:18:42 »

Quote from: Mooneyraker

I am baffled by these Academy drop outs at times. Over 10 years at Chelsea and England honours up to u20, but played like a competition winner yesterday… Looked weak and lazy, when he should be champing at the bit in what is essentially the last chance saloon for a worthwhile career. Odd but you see it time and again.

got to give them a bit of time to see if they can gain consistency.

lack of preseason won't help some
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 15:18:56 »

Was checking the height of Murphy Mahoney and various online sources have him at 6ft 2in in comparison with Wes at 6ft 1in.
Not convinced about the accuracy of either of those statures.
However the benchmark for it's not the size that matters, but what you do with it would be Kovář at 6ft 5in.
Worth bearing in mind that there is more than one way of dominating the box as a keeper.
I reckon that we've got a very good young keeper on our hands.

The importance of a proper pre-season for players can't be emphasised enough* so it might take Uwakwe a few games to get up to speed.
*which makes the efforts of 2021–22 all the more impressive.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 15:22:43 »

Quote from: Berniman
  Do I think that we have enough currently to be promotion candidates? No, not yet, but I do think it will be more enjoyable to watch than Morris, Lindsey, most of Garner and the dinosaur, so for that reason alone I am going to try to enjoy it and not be down that we might not achieve promotion, maybe a few should join me.  I am pretty sure that the club and players would appreciate it, and it can only help right?

Yesterday was exactly the result I thought it would be, just disappointing to lose a 2 goal lead. Some great build up play in midfield and I thought first half kemp was good and busy.

I might enjoy the season more, but I'll still treat non promotion as failure.

That doesn't mean not getting behind the team though.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 16:21:04 »

I know we have all had a rough couple of seasons and some of us have had many years of disapointment following town, but I think a few could do with reminding yourselves why you follow the town and what you look to get out of it.  A good proportion of the posts since the end of the game yesterday are all about the negatives, picking out players that didn't have a great game and in some cases when they did alright.  I am not saying it's a meltdown scenario or anything, just mainly that it stands out to me that we are way more negative than we used to be, and that tends to be our default these days - maybe we are all worn down.

For me yesterday was a decent entertaining game, much better than anything since Wellens (maybe a few games with Garner).  Was it disapointing to drop 2 points?  Yes. Did every player play outstanding? No,  But this is league 2, we know where we are and we know where we want to get to, but we also know that players, referees and teams are at this level for a reason, and there are always going to be some negatives, otherwise they wouldn't be here - I just think we could all do with a little bit of a reality check and a dose of positivity.  We are all following this for enjoyment and therefore talking about it on here for enjoyment, so let's try think positively and try to enjoy the season - we can't always be negative.

After that yesterday I am looking forward to watching us this season.  Do I think that we have enough currently to be promotion candidates? No, not yet, but I do think it will be more enjoyable to watch than Morris, Lindsey, most of Garner and the dinosaur, so for that reason alone I am going to try to enjoy it and not be down that we might not achieve promotion, maybe a few should join me.  I am pretty sure that the club and players would appreciate it, and it can only help right?

I think that this is my main take home. The dread of last year and pre-season has been replaced by a sense that at least it might be enjoyable even if it isn't perfect.

Agree with your sentiment too. Onwards and upwards.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 18:49:54 »

On the flip side just because we’ve had a few years of utter dross shouldn’t just mean we accept that we are an average L2 club and just enjoy it. If we were in L1 I’d largely agree with you but I’m always going to struggle to be positive about anything other than a promotion challenge in this league as that should be the bare minimum expectation.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 18:58:26 »

Agree anything but promotion in this league would be failure

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 19:07:28 »

…to add to the above about promotion.

I personally don’t give a fuck how we are playing if we are winning.

I’d have taken a dull, shit Lindseyball 1-0 win over that exciting Flynnball score draw yesterday.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 19:16:19 »

Are posts like this really necessary?

We just threw away a two goal lead and the reaction has actually been pretty fair and balanced and we're still still getting posts about negativity? There has been no meltdown at all, people have just discussed where we went wrong and players that didn't meet the standard Saturday. Its already been fairly positive given the circumstances.

What is the expectation to avoid posts like this, nobody be arsed we threw away a two goal lead at all and just be constantly gleeful about not winning?

Do people still wonder where the term happy clapper comes from?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 19:37:52 »

Agree Bernie. We did OK first half, then threw it away. Could see it coming too. My "same old shit" comment after the game was referring to our 80+ minute conceding that was all too common last season.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 20:13:43 »

Are posts like this really necessary?

We just threw away a two goal lead and the reaction has actually been pretty fair and balanced and we're still still getting posts about negativity? There has been no meltdown at all, people have just discussed where we went wrong and players that didn't meet the standard Saturday. Its already been fairly positive given the circumstances.

What is the expectation to avoid posts like this, nobody be arsed we threw away a two goal lead at all and just be constantly gleeful about not winning?

Do people still wonder where the term happy clapper comes from?
This pretty much sums up where I'm at as well.  Good points well made Chalky... I think the responses to a very disappointing result have been very fair and balanced and actually pretty positive, all things considered...
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 20:16:00 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 21:10:59 »

Ah, I wondered how long it would take before Happy clapper came out, how original.  The point of my post has been.completely missed, it’s not about whether promotion not being achieved is acceptable etc. I didn’t even state that.  It’s not about whether throwing away two points on Saturday was acceptable, I didn’t say that either, and it’s not about being a fucking Happy clapper, it’s just about getting some of you miserable cunts to try and take “some” enjoyment out of a performance and try to put a positive perspective on things - obviously that was a foolish thing to try to do these days.

I’ll leave you cunts to wallow in your own pits of despair, enjoy.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: