Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra prematch and match day thread.  (Read 26206 times)
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 07:35:56 »

Yes, our midfield was quite porous in transition. A symptom of not having a proper DM in the line up. Kinsella starting might help that.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:01:22 »

Plenty of positives to take from that.
Playing out from the back has been much more purposeful and assured than last season when it was an accident waiting to happen.
Will be interesting to see what we do when teams just sit in and don't press.
Good to see some nice flowing football at times yesterday.
Also noticeable is the work that has gone into corner routines, much more of a threat now.

I don't now if there is any focus on game management in youth coaching.
Is it something that can even be coached and only comes through experience?
Might only have needed a couple of subtle changes when 2 up yesterday maybe involving a sub or two.
Hopefully the concession of late goals doesn't become a follow on habit from last season.
Flynn will look at their two goals I'm sure and we'll see if lessons are learnt.

The immediate dishing out of cards for dissent was also good to see and hopefully the stringent approach continues.
Mouthing off might even tail off once players find themselves serving a suspension in September.

Anyway, probably 2 points dropped in terms of ultimate goal this season but one point up in terms of comparing results with last season.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:07:16 »

Am I the only one concerned about our keeper? Doesn’t look like he can command defence or area. Can’t remember him coming convincingly for crosses and seems to have to stretch for the simplest of shots due to his lack of height. He got nowhere near the first goal. Hope I’m wrong but think we’ll be permanently vulnerable of conceding with him between the sticks.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:13:09 »

keeper was more of a sweeper keeper

I do think he should have the first one though. Not watched the replay but was behind it in the town end live. Seemed to react a fraction late so maybe unsighted.

didn't really feel nervous watching him, that's all I can say. Though my worry of defending set pieces carries over from last year
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:13:31 »

Am I the only one concerned about our keeper? Doesn’t look like he can command defence or area. Can’t remember him coming convincingly for crosses and seems to have to stretch for the simplest of shots due to his lack of height. He got nowhere near the first goal. Hope I’m wrong but think we’ll be permanently vulnerable of conceding with him between the sticks.

I’m not concerned at all. I think he’s bloody great. But I get your reservations
My opinion may change but Brynn was a lot taller and still struggled to command his area.

It’s human nature to look at the weak points and but I realise that the way we play, his strongest attributes benefit this team.
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:16:05 by Kaufman » Logged
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:19:37 »

No I agree after watching yesterday. He hasn’t got the height to cut it in this league tbh with the sheer volume of crosses and set pieces in league 2.

In this league you have to have some players with height and physicality. We haven’t had this in the last 7 seasons (since 2017/18) the Wellens season apart and this is why we have spent the other 6 years stuck in this division and we will remain here until we address this properly
« Last Edit: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 09:22:13 by Outletred » Logged
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:02:10 »

Keeper beaten by the bounce for the first one, but Kemp should have been out a lot quicker to try and block, even if it means taking one in the knackers don't turn away.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:03:34 »

Only seen the first one once in real time but looked like it bounced a bit before the keeper and potentially up and over the out stretched arm…
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:05:54 »

I think the keeper thought brewitt was going to kick it but he actually moved out the way slightly which I don't think Mahoney was expecting
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:27:57 »

For the second goal the header was inside his six yard box and I would hope a GK would be dominating that area and claim any high balls. That could be an issue this season. However, I think he does vocally command his area well and directs the defence. I thought his ball playing skills were excellent and is really important with the build up play from the back. Shot stopping does seem good and he looked unsighted for the first goal. Overall, some cons but a lot of pros. I believe he will be interesting loan signing but there will be goals conceded from crosses.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:35:05 »

I think the keeper thought brewitt was going to kick it but he actually moved out the way slightly which I don't think Mahoney was expecting
Which is why Mahoney was berating him afterwards

(But yes, Kemp should have closed the striker down too - Collective fuck up!)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:38:57 »

Thought Mahoney was outstanding. Really pleased with him as keeper.

Don't want to start writing players off after one performance but holy fucking shit is left wing back a concern at the moment.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:46:32 »

I would play FBT there until we get someone in.

You just gotta keep livin man!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:46:51 »

Thought Mahoney was outstanding. Really pleased with him as keeper.

Don't want to start writing players off after one performance but holy fucking shit is left wing back a concern at the moment.

Ironically thought Uwakwe was alright on Tuesday night, especially when we were attacking.
His crossing from the left was very good.

It was after he (and Kinsella) had been substituted that we struggled a bit more.

So hopefully yesterday is the anomaly and not Tuesday night.

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:49:17 »

It was after he (and Kinsella) had been substituted that we struggled a bit more.

So hopefully yesterday is the anomaly and not Tuesday night.

Really hope so or we've got a real bit problem to fill.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: