Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra prematch and match day thread.  (Read 23534 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:25:54 »

If you are playing 3 at the back, with two very forward minded wing backs, someone needs to have a bloody word with the CH's.....

Flynn did mention the fact they were getting instructions on, but that is the issue you have with a team lacking that nous.  You really want to have players on the pitch who know what to do and when, not have to be told when to do it (because by then it is too late).  It's only a visual thing, as I am not at games, but you don't see anyone really driving the team on the pitch.  Same as last season really, just we appear to have a slightly better quality of player in the first team now than vs. May.

It's still really telling to me that defenders top the MotM poll, nobody can really lay any fault at individuals and yet we let the opposition have 16 shots at goal with < 40% possession in the game.

Flynn knows this, he did raise the balance of youth and experience himself.  The recruitment, while improving the talent pool, has not yet done that though.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:31:29 »

...It's a real shame we couldn't have held out for the 3 points on Saturday, that could have really been a catalyst for the next league game, when Scott Lindsey is back in town.

Which you just know in peak Town stylee, they'll bloody lose. The daft shirt tugging, and unconvincingly fist pumping tactician extraordinaire will be creaming his tracksuit no doubt at how much CTFC means to him  Roll Eyes

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:34:33 »

Which you just know in peak Town stylee, they'll bloody lose. The daft shirt tugging, and unconvincingly fist pumping tactician extraordinaire will be creaming his tracksuit no doubt at how much CTFC means to him  Roll Eyes

I really don't want to dislike Scott Lindsey as he's had a tough old time personally, so I prefer to see him as a figure of fun. He's pantomime, unlike Sheridan, who was a nasty c***.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:35:30 »

Annoyingly Crawley have started well and have had two decent results against promotion favourites, let's hope they've peaked already!

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:41:25 »

I really don't want to dislike Scott Lindsey as he's had a tough old time personally, so I prefer to see him as a figure of fun. He's pantomime, unlike Sheridan, who was a nasty c***.

I'm in this camp also to be fair. At us, he was just out of his depth more than anything particularly vulgar. I do hope he doesn't attempt to play up to the crowd though in his interviews, he should just let bygones be bygones and move on. The comment about fans expecting Alex Ferguson was just a bit silly really.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:45:54 »

I'm in this camp also to be fair. At us, he was just out of his depth more than anything particularly vulgar. I do hope he doesn't attempt to play up to the crowd though in his interviews, he should just let bygones be bygones and move on. The comment about fans expecting Alex Ferguson was just a bit silly really.

He absolutely will! He has a BTEC in Mind Games from the University of Life.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:47:47 »

Agree with most of that. Overlapping, adventurous CB’s is a good route for the CB’s we have. FBT and UGM are well capable of doing those roles well and it’s up to the players/management to sus out when to reign it in game management wise. I think a wise head in the midfield/defence would solve that.

I love Austin as a player and can see he is a good leader but I’d love if we had enough leaders around the pitch that he could just be left to what he’s good at, putting the ball in the net, you won’t find anyone better in the league at that. Kinsella and FBT have that potential to lead from deeper and possibly Brewitt to an extent but I’d love a proper experienced, leader type CB to come in and play in the middle of the back 3 who knows when to reign in FBT and UGM and when to let them go on their marauding runs.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 14, 2023, 14:53:40 by UTR » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:03:11 »

he should just let bygones be bygones and move on.

Like large chunks of our fan base have... some are more obsessed with Crawley than bloody Wrexham, and that is saying something!  Cheesy Cheesy
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:03:53 »

He absolutely will! He has a BTEC in Mind Games from the University of Life.

School of Hard Knocks in his FB profile with a Lest We Forget silhouette and an 'I heart Brexit' filter on his profile pic #Shudders

'Incessant Nonsense'

BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:07:34 »

Tbh, as inept as Jurassic John was, there's nothing glamorous about seeing the decline of someone with alleged dependency issues regarding a certain liquid vice. It's a shame because he was far from a poor player. Definitely should have stuck to cone carrying and those circa 3k appearance fees at public speaking events

'Incessant Nonsense'

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:18:47 »

Like large chunks of our fan base have... some are more obsessed with Crawley than bloody Wrexham, and that is saying something!  Cheesy Cheesy

And some appear to have only just got over Stoke On Trent's second team Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:38:37 »

Not me,  I still ‘ate ‘em.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:39:05 »

Pork Vile...as some like to call them. Brrrr  No

'Incessant Nonsense'

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:41:22 »

You mean Burslem's 
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: Monday, August 14, 2023, 15:42:29 »

Tbh, as inept as Jurassic John was, there's nothing glamorous about seeing the decline of someone with alleged dependency issues regarding a certain liquid vice. It's a shame because he was far from a poor player. Definitely should have stuck to cone carrying and those circa 3k appearance fees at public speaking events

It certainly wasn't glamorous but he was still a c***. You can have those issues and not be in cahoots with a rogue owner on a two man mission to destroy a football club.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: